Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

thats like saying if Ben Franklin thought Sam Adams knew as much as him he wouldnt have got his rod struck by lightening to prove it was real 

Like give me a break

We are all scientists searching for truth in this crazy world

How many other sam adams are posting their own rankings in this thread

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Everyone is free to do as they wish

Sure but that doesnt make us all scientists in the crazy world.  And scientists get critiques on their methods all the time so if you wanna be treated like a scientist better get used to that

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

Sure but that doesnt make us all scientists in the crazy world.  And scientists get critiques on their methods all the time so if you wanna be treated like a scientist better get used to that

Oh like I've said I appreciate your critique, its brought 10x the attention on us we'd probably have otherwise, so by all means

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Thats the thing tho.  You actually dont care about people you think are ignorant.  I liked you and tlo.  I think you should have higher standards and not be so flippant about a 1 in a hundred year event.  And yeah, i know im not popular for it- i dont really care.  I think its f’d up that you got people to look up to you and you treat it as a joke.  

You know I still like you and enjoy your input, but i think you’re way off base here. You may have an issue with the schtick at a time like this, but ultimately we are trying to keep things light hearted and less doom and gloom. Perhaps you think we are trying to get false hope to our followers, but:

a) I still don’t think anyone on here is looking to us beyond an entertainment standpoint

b) we literally put a disclaimer on each MoL rankings for people to listen to the actual authorities on the matter on the off chance that they were planning on basing their behavior off of a couple dudes power rankings from a football message board. This isn’t to say we aren’t trying to put together an easily digestible number for people to track trends throughout various countries, but we aren’t trying to save lives here. In the same vein, I’d hope nobody is basing their behavior off of nate silver’s charts either. Having knowledge of data and trends doesn’t equal having infectious disease knowledge, which is why we advocate listening to the fauci’s and birx’s of the world regarding the science. 

c) we are pro masks and social d, which I don’t think puts our viewpoint that far off of your own, which leads me to believe this is all an argument over style. Same thing applies to views re: seasonality  

d) we have empathy for all that are affected by this, but if you’re asking me if I have empathy towards some MAGA clown who drinks bleach, the answer is no, not really. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but of people that I truly feel bad for (Covid and non covid related), people like that are pretty far down my list. 

It isn’t in our style, schtick or not, to be all doom and gloom, and I would disagree that it makes us flippant.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of smugness must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.”

-Tom Paine

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal (but the MoL above all), that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are  Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Smugness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of smugness must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.”

-Tom Paine

Also this is a tremendously accurate quote tbh

The lengths TLO and I go to hold up our own egos, which are totally justified by the way, you couldn't fathom 

And the lengths we go to spread the word of smugness you've all seen in this thread 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TLO said:

You know I still like you and enjoy your input, but i think you’re way off base here. You may have an issue with the schtick at a time like this, but ultimately we are trying to keep things light hearted and less doom and gloom. Perhaps you think we are trying to get false hope to our followers, but:

a) I still don’t think anyone on here is looking to us beyond an entertainment standpoint

b) we literally put a disclaimer on each MoL rankings for people to listen to the actual authorities on the matter on the off chance that they were planning on basing their behavior off of a couple dudes power rankings from a football message board. This isn’t to say we aren’t trying to put together an easily digestible number for people to track trends throughout various countries, but we aren’t trying to save lives here. In the same vein, I’d hope nobody is basing their behavior off of nate silver’s charts either. Having knowledge of data and trends doesn’t equal having infectious disease knowledge, which is why we advocate listening to the fauci’s and birx’s of the world regarding the science. 

c) we are pro masks and social d, which I don’t think puts our viewpoint that far off of your own, which leads me to believe this is all an argument over style. Same thing applies to views re: seasonality  

d) we have empathy for all that are affected by this, but if you’re asking me if I have empathy towards some MAGA clown who drinks bleach, the answer is no, not really. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but of people that I truly feel bad for (Covid and non covid related), people like that are pretty far down my list. 

It isn’t in our style, schtick or not, to be all doom and gloom, and I would disagree that it makes us flippant.

Literally a person in this thread who had fn coronavirus said they looked towards your rankings seriously.  

the part that is exceedingly clear is that yes STYLE IS IMPORTANT.  if you put **** in a chart people are gonna think its legit.  Yall are info wars at this point.  Its a joke? Maybe? but people lookin to you.  Its up to you to decide where you take it.  But your #smug shtick is the only thing that comes thru.  And you can say youre innocent all u want but this is the most important thread, lasted the longest sans WAYTA.  

so yeah, knowing how clever you two are, knowing that you are playing a bit while people look to you- thats the definition of flippant 

How ironic will it be when it turns out it isn't the warmer weather killing the virus, it's just the vitamin D you get from the sun making people's immune system stronger and in return making them more resistent to the virus's more terrible effects on the body. 

This probably isn't true either. It's mostly just common sense, but people who get a lot of vitamin D do have stronger immune responses. So everyone take your vitamins! 

• Like 3