Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The standard I’d like applied to myself and TLO is the standard applied to everyone which is be respectful, follow the forum rules, and so on 

When we start resorting to personal attacks and spreading conspiracy theories we should be silenced but we should not be silenced for giving opinions that are frankly all extremely mainstream, inoffensive and harmless at the end of the day 

Na you want everyone to take your word as gold without questioning it

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@mission27  @TLO you asked "what could we do". Here is what you can do. Identify the goal of your metric, include that in your disclaimer, and adhere to that goal throughout the entire post. If the metric is actually just for tallying cases, then don't make predictions or public policy suggestions. If the metric is intended to grade public policy, then at least be honest about its intent in the disclaimer.

The metric is backward looking and verifiable.  We use it as part of our personal thought process in developing our opinions on where the epidemic is headed over the short term in each area.

Given this is still confusing to you we will happily review our disclaimer and make the above more clear.  I appreciate the constructive feedback and lack of personal attacks and wish others could follow your lead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"but it's just a football website".

...populated by people who don't have a clue about football, mind you. If I can't trust a thread in General, why should I trust literally any single thread in this forum? Football is supposed to be our thing and we (collectively as well as individually) can't even get THAT right.

We're idiots, surrounded by idiots. If we can all agree to that, life goes on easier.

In closing, I would like to quote the great Det. Alonzo Harris from Training Day:

"...This is a newspaper, right? It's 90% bull ****. But, it's entertaining. That's why I read it, it entertains me."

That's why I read the MoLs. It entertains me.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

...populated by people who don't have a clue about football, mind you. If I can't trust a thread in General, why should I trust literally any single thread in this forum? Football is supposed to be our thing and we (collectively as well as individually) can't even get THAT right.

We're idiots, surrounded by idiots. If we can all agree to that, life goes on easier.

In closing, I would like to quote the great Det. Alonzo Harris from Training Day:

"...This is a newspaper, right? It's 90% bull ****. But, it's entertaining. That's why I read it, it entertains me."

While I think you spend too much time in NFL General, the rest of this post......

head nod | Tumblr

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You don't know this without a forward thinking component, which you have repeatedly claimed doesn't exist.

@mission27  @TLO you asked "what could we do". Here is what you can do. Identify the goal of your metric, include that in your disclaimer, and adhere to that goal throughout the entire post. If the metric is actually just for tallying cases, then don't make predictions or public policy suggestions. If the metric is intended to grade public policy, then at least be honest about its intent in the disclaimer.

I suppose we could be wrong should a specific country defy the same basic path that every country has seemingly followed based on the MoL numbers. But again, that’s not us making a public policy suggestion.

if we altered the wording of the tiers, would that satisfy your complaint here?  If tier 1 was something to the effect of “countries where cases/death counts appear to have peaked based on our MoL score(insert how we calculate it), and local officials have begun to relax guidelines.” Something following that convention could probably be applied if that helps y’all calm down 

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The metric is backward looking and verifiable.  We use it as part of our personal thought process in developing our opinions on where the epidemic is headed over the short term in each area.

Given this is still confusing to you we will happily review our disclaimer and make the above more clear.  I appreciate the constructive feedback and lack of personal attacks and wish others could follow your lead.

So if the intent is just to be keeping records of old cases, I would only post the MoLs with the results, no commentary or tiers or anything like that.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I think you spend too much time in NFL General, the rest of this post......

It warps my reality, yes. To quote the great Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding from The Shawshank Redemption:

"...These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It warps my reality, yes. To quote the great Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding from The Shawshank Redemption:

"These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

I mean, since you are doing, that means the other mods aren't doing, it so for that, I salute you 

Chuck Norris Salute GIF - ChuckNorris Salute Ok - Discover & Share ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

"These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

In the book, Red was an Irish guy with red hair. Fitting, right? Now imagine that movie  with that guy and without Morgan Freeman and tell me it’s still a great movie. Can you do it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm totally okay with "we're all idiots". 

I'm less okay with someone saying "it's just a football website" AND taking a completely non-verified post on the same football website seriously

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

In the book, Red was an Irish guy with red hair. Fitting, right? Now imagine that movie  with that guy and without Morgan Freeman and tell me it’s still a great movie. Can you do it?

And in exchange Shawshank got to move up 6 spots in the 3rd round of the draft.

• Like 4

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This page of the thread is proof that mods are all old farts who haven't seen a new movie since 2004 tbh.

That reminds me of a quote from one legendary Biff Tannen:

”Hey McFly! Why don’t you make like a tree and get out of here?!?!”

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, since you are doing, that means the other mods aren't doing, it so for that, I salute you 

Chuck Norris Salute GIF - ChuckNorris Salute Ok - Discover & Share ...

...to quote the great White Goodman from that slice of Americana known as Dodgeball:

"****in Chuck Norris..."