Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Ohio representative says the problem is testing. So please stop testing people! But seriously, hopefully DeWine doesn’t cave in.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/09/889356233/stop-getting-tested-ohio-politician-tells-constituents?

"This is what happens when people go crazy and get tested," Vitale wrote on Facebook this week. "STOP GETTING TESTED!"

Vitale was evidently incensed by an order from DeWine and state health officials that people in seven Ohio counties with severe outbreaks must wear face coverings when out in public. That order took effect Wednesday. 

Vitale shared an altered graphic about the order — in that version, there is an extra message at the bottom: 

"!! NEVER GET TESTED !!"

34 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Ohio representative says the problem is testing. So please stop testing people! But seriously, hopefully DeWine doesn’t cave in.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/09/889356233/stop-getting-tested-ohio-politician-tells-constituents?

they say the cream rises to the top

but i've also noticed that

sometimes turds float

like this guy

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@theJ, that's what I was referencing when I talked about Wisconsin posters finally getting to make fun of Ohio posters.

I'd say he doesn't represent the majority of Ohioans, but obviously he does. Also, seems that there's dumb people everywhere now. 

At least he's not in charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dude you can't set people up like this. This is mod entrapment.

This is a warning for thinking bad thoughts and alluding to them.

Ha!  Got you anyway.

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

This is a warning for thinking bad thoughts and alluding to them.

Ha!  Got you anyway.

I demand a trial by combat.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. I demand a trial the normal way instead.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I demand a trial by combat.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. I demand a trial the normal way instead.

No, trial by combat.  Even if you win, you'll lose.

Unless you end up asymptomatic, in which case it's just me that loses.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 2:06 PM, mission27 said:

It’s clear you hold a rather extreme position on this issue (you don’t think two adults should engage in behavior that at worst leads to a single person to person transmission of the virus ie is far from a super spreading event). Not sure what to say other than your position is not being followed anywhere on earth right now and never will be. But we’ll have to agree to disagree.

His position is, if you disagree with his position you are wrong. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:09 PM, Daniel said:

Just came from a meeting with the DA's Office, PD's Office, and the Judge about how on earth we can do trials during this mess, since we have an attempted murder scheduled in August.  The overwhelming opinion of the group is that it probably can't be done constitutionally.  And of course not doing the trials at all brings its own problems for people charged with serious offenses in jail unable to make bond.

It's a mess.

Can't they setup partitions?  Limit reported access and just film everything?  I have been in a few court rooms in my day and I feel like if they wanted to they could figure this out. 

On 7/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, mission27 said:

But this is exactly my point.  Its up to policy makers to shut down the highest risk venues and encourage people to socialize in safer settings (outdoors, low capacity restaurants, etc.) because young people have a different cost-benefit in this thing and don't always make the best decisions and they will socialize.  Shutting down high-risk venues and regulating crowd sizes is the only way to slow this thing down.   

I hate NJ at this point in my life, but they have done a good job of handling things for the most part.  The message has not been great the entire time and there were a few instances of complete lunacy where people got the rug pulled out from under them unfairly and unjustly and some stupid mandates. However, for a state as densely populated as NJ this thing has been handled well and it really pains me to admit that because unfortunately I think some of these changes are for good. 

On 7/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, mission27 said:

I don't know how old you are but as someone in the 20-40 age range, going out with my friends and meeting new people and getting laid is absolutely a basic social and biological urge that I will and do willingly sacrifice my health for.  In normal times the main venue for that type of activity is a crowded bar.  mission is very informed & has been more careful than most.  If you want the masses to be cooperative though you need to bend their behavior through restrictions that still leave opportunities to socialize and live their life.

I am definitely an outlier as that bar life never appealed to me, but I got single friends in their mid 30s that are jonsing like they are an ex crack heads to get out there in the world.  Hell one of them bounced out of NYC in March and has been living in FL/TX since with no immediate plans to come back.  

On 7/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, mission27 said:

Sure and when people decide those sacrifices are not worth it anymore they are going to act on that.

I live in a part of the country that was very supportive of the initial lockdown. There is practically zero appetite for another one. That’s life

Cities are going to burn when/if round 2 comes.  I think even those places that accepted it and are still living with it will crack.