Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

They were considering doing that in my city, but then a few of the head officials were charged with bribery and now there's no one left to make laws. O.o

Twitter - The man who was captured on video yelling furiously after being asked by another customer to wear a mask in Costco has been fired from his job. The argument happened at a Florida store on June 27 but captured widespread attention earlier this week after being posted by filmmaker Billy Corben. The clip shows the man, named as Ted Todd Insurance employee Daniel Maples, wearing a red “Running the world since 1776” T-shirt and screaming after a woman asked him to put a face mask on. He can be heard yelling “I feel threatened!” and “Back the **** up and put your ******* phone down!” The video was reportedly shot by an unnamed man who defended the woman. Maples’ company later released a statement saying: “The behavior in the video is in direct conflict with our company values and their employment has been terminated. Threatening behavior and intimidation go against our core mission to be trusted advisors in our community.”

////

Oh well.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, theJ said:

We can't even get 90% of people to wear masks, and you think we'll be able to get them to stay home?

I mean, i'd like to see them try.  But i have serious doubts.

If we had consistent messaging across all federal agencies, we'd stand a chance. But we don't. 

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If we had consistent messaging across all federal agencies, we'd stand a chance. But we don't. 

I agree with you, and we stand a snowballs chance in hell of that happening anytime soon.  So instead, our next best chance is for local legislators to wise up.  It's happening in some areas.

Just now, theJ said:

I agree with you, and we stand a snowballs chance in hell of that happening anytime soon.  So instead, our next best chance is for local legislators to wise up.  It's happening in some areas.

Agreed. I'm lucky to live in an area that's taking the virus seriously and as a result we've been pretty solidly low in cases overall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it's hard to believe the legitimacy of the #s around the world 

i mean, the per capita makes this pretty believable right? somewhere has to be the fastest growing and Arizona was just hit really hard. It makes sense to me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it's hard to believe the legitimacy of the #s around the world 

Comparing each state to other countries is actually a better metric than comparing to the u.s as a whole as very few countries can compare to the u.s in population. Of the 10 countries on that list only 4 have larger populations than the state of Arizona and Arizona isn't even in the top 10 States by population.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Don't worry, our government is forcing schools to be fully open and operational come the fall while we continue to not do anything to stop the spread of this virus. What could possibly go wrong?!

I'm happy I don't have kids right now tbh because if I did and they were in elementary - high school, I'd have a very hard time sending them there.

Most annoying dumb expletive post I saw on social media was saying that the flu killed 144 kids while Covid only killed 29 so far. Therefore, we should send our kids back to school since it was less dangerous. 

Sometimes I wish I could punch people across the screen for their stupidity 🤬

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

Most annoying dumb expletive post I saw on social media was saying that the flu killed 144 kids while Covid only killed 29 so far. Therefore, we should send our kids back to school since it was less dangerous. 

Sometimes I wish I could punch people across the screen for their stupidity 🤬

It's becoming increasingly hard not to lash out at some on Facebook, but I know that's not the best way to change minds.

• Like 1

I mentioned this earlier in the thread- but I'm truly interested to see if we can heavily invest and research technological advancements in ventilation to be better prepared for the fall time. America is an industrial power house; I'd love to see what she's truly capable of. We should put together a team of scientists and engineers to see if they can come up with a cheaper and more efficient solution in air filtration. That, coupled with masks and social distance, could really slow the spread indoors. It could allow for a higher capacity of indoor dining if the technology advances of enough.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

It's becoming increasingly hard not to lash out at some on Facebook, but I know that's not the best way to change minds.

I actually deactivated my Facebook account - I can't deal with the stupidity anymore, I was going to get in trouble if I kept lashing out as I was.

I'll come back eventually.

Or not. 

• Like 1