Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Where did you get .02%? That link claims zero for children under age 10.

Maybe i misread it, but i was looking at all cases through age 18 (school age).  The chart you shared shows 4 deaths out of 17,073 cases.  2 deaths ages 10-14, 2 deaths ages 15-17.

4 / 17,073 x100 = 0.02%.  Did i slip a digit?

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Perspective.

Thanks for the super useful data. Now when someone sends their kids to elementary school, we can compare that to the number of 8 years old who die from suicide and drug overdoses. Which I'm sure are the real epidemics in the elementary school community.

If you're posting data for "perspective", break it down so it actually provides meaningful perspective.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

As to what? Why its okay to sentence kids to death because of COVID? Im confused

No i don't think so.  Just a perspective as to how many kids die each year.  If 0.02% sticks across the board, COVID wouldn't just be a drop in the bucket.  It would be a leading cause of deaths for children.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The wonderful genius of Public Education, Betsy Devos.

Info in the link states there have been 7667 children under the age of ten tested positive. It also indicates none have died.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

No i don't think so.  Just a perspective as to how many kids die each year.  If 0.02% sticks across the board, COVID wouldn't just be a drop in the bucket.  It would be a leading cause of deaths for children.

We really should break it out into each type of school for it to be meaningful. Elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools have different risk profiles both to COVID and in general.

• Like 2

Just now, theJ said:

Yeah, it would've been good for him to explain his stance. Just dropping a graph and then "perspective" leads it up to interpretation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, it would've been good for him to explain his stance. Just dropping a graph and then "perspective" leads it up to interpretation.

He's done this before too. That plot from JHU he posted was misleading. It wasn't raw numbers, it was a ratio of the new cases/deaths compared to April 1 (why that date was chosen is beyond me), and there was no confirmation that the lag in deaths was accounted for.

• Like 1