Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I am pro womens rights/equality, so spending 10m on helping women living in Pakistan, which has basically the worst women's rights in the entire world, is fine by me.

Im more pissed about the one billion dollars that is going to build a border wall that wont actually stop anyone or do anything productive 

Im also unhappy with how friggen long this took. This bill should have been passed in September at the absolute latest

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am pro womens rights/equality, so spending 10m on helping women living in Pakistan, which has basically the worst women's rights in the entire world, is fine by me.

Im more pissed about the one billion dollars that is going to build a border wall that wont actually stop anyone or do anything productive 

Im also unhappy with how friggen long this took. This bill should have been passed in September at the absolute latest

Besides what you already mentioned, I’m sad that they had to cut state and local aid out. I would also prefer sacrificing the $600 checks if it meant longer unemployment benefits for people that are out of work because of this pandemic.

• Like 1

The COVID Relief was attached to the annual budget. Not the other way around. The money to foreign nations and everything else involved is nothing new. 

There are things in there that absolutely should not be but this isn’t a forum for that. What we can discuss and likely agree on, is that $600 is not enough. The pandemic isn’t over and the $1800 total for a year+ does near nothing to help the long term health of the nation. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The COVID Relief was attached to the annual budget. Not the other way around. The money to foreign nations and everything else involved is nothing new. 

There are things in there that absolutely should not be but this isn’t a forum for that. What we can discuss and likely agree on, is that $600 is not enough. The pandemic isn’t over and the $1800 total for a year+ does near nothing to help the long term health of the nation. 

Thank you for the first paragraph. Not sure why I went completely blank about that fact since we’ve been hearing it for days. A lot of the extraneous stuff does belong to the spending bill.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That portion is only .03, yes, but probably the most ridiculous part. Over a billion to open a Smithsonian woman and Latino meseum? Cool. Great. A billion to Egypt? We can start adding these things up that do not help people of this country that very badly need it. That will certainly equate to more. 

Is this the first spending bill you’ve looked at?

You don’t like this, I don’t like defense spending.  We deal.

If it’s really sticking in your arse PM me your address and I’ll mail you a crispy $5 bill and cover your end of things.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is this the first spending bill you’ve looked at?

You don’t like this, I don’t like defense spending.  We deal.

If it’s really sticking in your arse PM me your address and I’ll mail you a crispy $5 bill and cover your end of things.

Edit

Irrelevant anyway bc Trump just told em to F off until the wasteful spending is removed and people are given 2 grand. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Again, it's about the dire situation, not necessarily the spending. Feel free to send that 5 if it gets rid of your condescending BS. 

Irrelevant anyway bc Trump just told em to F off until the wasteful spending is removed and people are given 2 grand. 

So NOW it’s ok to support sociali... 

nm.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Again, it's about the dire situation, not necessarily the spending. Feel free to send that 5 if it gets rid of your condescending BS. 

Bobby, I think you’re confusing the annual budget with the Covid relief bill.

Also the $600 checks was negotiated by  Mnunchin so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Xenos

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Bobby, I think you’re confusing the annual budget with the Covid relief bill.

Also not sure where you’re getting the info about the President not signing the bill. He is. The $2000 was a pipe dream that he was talked down from.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/trump-calls-covid-relief-bill-unsuitable-and-demands-congress-add-higher-stimulus-payments.html

Not going further into the discussion though. As always with politics, it makes people turn into condescending twats. Just sharing my source. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not going further into the discussion though. As always with politics, it makes people point out the hypocrisy of my points when I  share my source. 

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/trump-calls-covid-relief-bill-unsuitable-and-demands-congress-add-higher-stimulus-payments.html

Not going further into the discussion though. As always with politics, it makes people turn into condescending twats. Just sharing my source. 

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So NOW it’s ok to support sociali... 

nm.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.