2020 NFL Draft

BZski

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Guys you are all thinking too low.  The Jets gave up a top ten pick and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots for a QB.  If the Lions play this right they can trade down to 5 and then again to 6.  I think we end up with both of the Dolphins 2nd and next years 3rd as well as the number 5 overall pick.  Or 5, 26 and either 36 or 56(or whatever their second 2nd round pick is)

If there is truly as much interest as what is rumored, I think we might be surprised with the haul we get.

• Like 2

Just now, Millenhater said:

But that's the problem when you don't occasionally take chances on high ceiling players. You end up with a lot of average players and instead of adding to the talent you have you just continue to replace the talent with average talent.  that's how you stay average to below average int he league.

I think a team of average players is fine, especially if you find those high ceiling guys in the wrong system and get them for cheap for a couple years.  The problem is we have never been able to pay the top end free agents to come here and fill the holes so we end up having to overpay for guys like Big V and Collins.  We need to keep the talents like Golliday, but dont waste money on guys who aren't that hard to replace, like Big V and Decker and Glasgow.  

But I agree, at some point take a risk.  In this draft there are late rounders like that in Madre Harper, Darrynton Evans etc that have upside.  Thats also why I dont like falling too far down the draft order because I dont trust his ability to hit a home run with a pick outside of the top 10 (even then I havent been impressed with Hock).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I dont see the Chargers trading up to 5 unless the Jags dont move to 4 which I expect them to do.  

It's not likely but not out of the realm of possibility.  Think of it this way.  Gettleman has never traded down in the first round.  Ever.  Perhaps he doesn't want to risk losing the player he wants at 4.  Or teams just don't want to deal with him.  They take one of the OTs.  The Lions are on the clock and are getting calls.  I could see the Chargers flipping something, even a low round pick to guarantee they get their QB.  Again not likely but honestly it's possible.  Chargers have to get their QB this year.  I think they will do whatever they can to get it.

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I'm setting the over under for senior bowl player drafted by the Lions at 3.5.  What are you taking?

I'm going to say under but I figure 3 guys. Question really is - will they all be players from the North roster or a mix of N/S?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I’ve always liked Quinn more than mp.

I think Brown would be an excellent selection. Okudah is very good but I think you can get something similar from CJ Henderson later.

That being said, it makes the most sense to trade down and probably still get the players they wanted anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

I think Brown would be an excellent selection. Okudah is very good but I think you can get something similar from CJ Henderson later.

That being said, it makes the most sense to trade down and probably still get the players they wanted anyway.

Browns not my favorite. I think he can be a solid player. I just think his floor is high, but not his ceiling. Super safe pick. I much prefer Kinlaw or several other players before him.

3 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Browns not my favorite. I think he can be a solid player. I just think his floor is high, but not his ceiling. Super safe pick. I much prefer Kinlaw or several other players before him.

I also like Kinlaw but I believe that Brown is the most disruptive IDL in the draft and will really help to collapse pockets. Don't agree that there are 4 better players that the Lions should take over Brown assuming Young is off the board.

• Like 1

Just now, Typical_Lions said:

I also like Kinlaw but I believe that Brown is the most disruptive IDL in the draft and will really help to collapse pockets. Don't agree that there are 4 better players that the Lions should take over Brown assuming Young is off the board.

I’m wrong a lot, just ask my wife.

• Like 1