2020 NFL Draft

BZski

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-top-10-cornerbacks-by-coverage-situation

Interesting read on the CBs based on PFF grades.  Looks like Amik Robertson although too short for our standard, is pretty elite in man coverage.  Also interesting noting that Damon Arnette rates higher than Okudah in most categories including being left in single coverage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-top-10-cornerbacks-by-coverage-situation

Interesting read on the CBs based on PFF grades.  Looks like Amik Robertson although too short for our standard, is pretty elite in man coverage.  Also interesting noting that Damon Arnette rates higher than Okudah in most categories including being left in single coverage. 

I wouldn't be upset if we landed Arnette at all.  Really, if you come out of OSU this year, I wouldn't be upset if your a Lion at the end of this draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lol I was just pondering how underrated I thought Arnette was yesterday...

53 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree that Okudah is the least likely to be there but one of the top 4 prospects I want (or worst case one of the top 3 OTs) will be available at 9.  Could even go CJ Henderson if we want a CB since some seem to think he is on the same level as Okudah.  

Henderson seems to be a lot flashier and better at off ball.  Seems to get his hands on a lot more passes but Okudah just makes life miserable for WR.  Henderson is also allergic to tackling. He reminds me of that Safety from Louisville couple years ago that had like 14 ints.  I feel a lot better about Okudah. I feel like Henderson could bust only because coaches won’t play him because of the tackling.

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

13 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

The amount of draft compensation it would take from them to move up from 18 (including 26) in order to get #3 and THEN trade #3 and #5 just for #1 seems highly unlikely.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

No way I’d trade them #3 without getting #5 back. 

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

No way I’d trade them #3 without getting #5 back. 

say they offer 18,26 ,39 and Houston's 1 next yr. your still saying no?  i know it would suck to drop back that much but like everyone has been saying there is going be alot of studs at those picks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The amount of draft compensation it would take from them to move up from 18 (including 26) in order to get #3 and THEN trade #3 and #5 just for #1 seems highly unlikely.

det gets 18,26,39 Texans 1 next yr. 

Cincy gets 3,5, dolphins 1&2 next yr some players?

Dolphins get Joe Burrow(alot of scouts compared his last yr in school to Luck's)

12 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

say they offer 18,26 ,39 and Houston's 1 next yr. your still saying no?  i know it would suck to drop back that much but like everyone has been saying there is going be alot of studs at those picks.

I would say no if Houston's 1 is not on the table.  I'd rather trade with SD or Jax stay in top 10, or just pick at 3. If Houston's 1 is on the table, then I'd make the trade and absolutely hate what we missed out on.