2020 NFL Draft

BZski

30 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, no. Good deal: if I had to decide right now if Davis was a bust, based on his draft position, performance and current usage, I'd say that he isn't. I was trying to give the anti-Quinn/anti-Patricia/anti-Davis crowd the benefit of the doubt. But, fine. Based on right now, he's not a bust.

What performance are you basing it on? Repeatedly being benched? Consistently being abused by the other team when he is on the field? Being nothing but a liability in coverage? Struggling to read offenses?

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't like it myself. The Dolphins have those picks and are willing to give them up... why wouldn't they just keep them after all of the other trades they made to get them? 

Maybe they include a 2021 1st in the mix too. 

if the dolphins included Houston's 1st i think we do it.  i think we should do it even if they dont add a pick next yr

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

What performance are you basing it on? Repeatedly being benched? Consistently being abused by the other team when he is on the field? Being nothing but a liability in coverage? Struggling to read offenses?

Inaccurate conclusions? Unreasonable exaggerations? Blind hate?

50 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Ok this is a fun exercise.  

Do a three round mock with picks 5, 35, 39, 56, 67 and 85

Then do another one with picks 18, 26, 35, 39, 67 and 85

Then do a third one with 6, 35, 37, 67, 71 and 85.

Then rank them.  That will give you your answer if it’s worth it or not.  You can do realistic or best case scenario. Whatever makes it worth it for you.

i keep coming back to the second one i like best. Also at 18 i can see us working a deal with the pats for that pick and they include Thuney and a 3rd or something along that(whatever fair comp is to jump fro 23-18).. just did this quick as a mock for something to look at

pick 5- Simmons, -everything                   pick 6- Simmons everything                    pick 18 Kinlaw DL

pick 35 - Blacklock dl                                  pick 35- Blacklock                                  pick 26 - Espensa Edge

pick 39-  Fulton cb                                        pick 37 Fulton                                         pick 35-  Fulton

pick 56- traded for Hooker safety              67- traded fork hooker                        pick 39-  J Taylor RB

pick 67-  hunt ot                                             pick 71- traded for hooker                    pick 67 traded for Hooker- Included a 4th next yr

pick 85- Fromm                                             pick 85- fromm                                         pick 85 Fromm

19 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i keep coming back to the second one i like best. Also at 18 i can see us working a deal with the pats for that pick and they include Thuney and a 3rd or something along that(whatever fair comp is to jump fro 23-18).. just did this quick as a mock for something to look at

pick 18 Kinlaw DL

pick 26 - Espensa Edge

pick 35-  Fulton

pick 39-  J Taylor RB

pick 67 traded for Hooker- Included a 4th next yr

pick 85 Fromm

Keep the Hooker pick, draft an OG and give me this thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sure, but #5, #39 and #56 doesn't seem to be on the table.

If it's between only #3 or #18, #26, #39 and a future pick, which would you choose?

I don’t know why it couldn’t be.  It’s a negotiation after all.  I think we would get the Chargers involved and drive up the cost.  But if these are the only options.  For me it really comes down to who I get at 18.

If Jeudy is on the board I’d really consider it.  I think he’s going to be good.  Pair him w/ Golladay and we’ve really got something.  I just think the drop off in talent is so big I don’t know if I would do it.  If the future pick is next years first. I might go for it.  

Right now I think I’d rather take Okudah and hope Epenesa falls to 35 or we trade up or grab another impact player.  Ask me again in 10 mins and i’ll Give you another answer. 

• Like 2

Inaccurate conclusions? Unreasonable exaggerations? Blind hate?

So, as usual, nothing? 

Almost weekly, he's among the lowest-graded players on Detroit's defense by Pro Football Focus. That's obviously a limited view of the situation, since the publication doesn't know any team's defensive calls, but it doesn't take a trained eye to see Davis routinely takes himself out of plays by over-running his gap, missing a tackle or failing to shed a block. And in coverage, he's regressed, conceding the progress he made in the second half a year ago. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/11/04/four-downs-passion-lions-jarrad-davis-cant-compensate-his-mistakes/4159702002/

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I mean, I can feed you the same arguments each month or so. I know you'll pretend that they don't exist, but... they... do.

Davis was drafted 21st overall. Although he has clear weaknesses (in coverage, especially), he also has strengths, which it seems Patricia has been able to hone in on. Being as he was a late 1st round pick, is still contributing and seemingly has upside in this scheme, I'd say that he isn't a bust at this point.

I mean, I can feed you the same arguments each month or so. I know you'll pretend that they don't exist, but... they... do.

Davis was drafted 21st overall. Although he has clear weaknesses (in coverage, especially), he also has strengths, which it seems Patricia has been able to hone in on. Being as he was a late 1st round pick, is still contributing and seemingly has upside in this scheme, I'd say that he isn't a bust at this point.

I'm kind of on the fence here with both of the arguements. I mean... I know he's not a complete bust, Jarrad Davis is a player in this league, not a great one or anything but he'd play on a lot of teams around the league at one of the LB spots.

Then I circle back to... was he worth the 21st pick? I mean Idk, not really, not at all I'd say. So maybe he's a bust for a 1st rounder? I mean had he been a 2nd round pick(Davis) we'd all be pretty ok/satisfied with the pick. 

Then you circle back to how good was he relative to players picked around him... and maybe... it wasn't the worst pick possible? Idk.

I do know Jarrad Davis is good enough now to keep around the team. I didn't like hearing the rumors about replacing him with no one in place to replace him.... Plus he's good enough to play all three LB spots imo. I'm not in the camp that thinks Davis is a great player, but I'm not in the camp that says he's outright terrible and should be cut either. A lot worst problems than Jarrad Davis on this team, imo. Specifically DE and DE depth. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm kind of on the fence here with both of the arguements. I mean... I know he's not a complete bust, Jarrad Davis is a player in this league, not a great one or anything but he'd play on a lot of teams around the league at one of the LB spots.

Then I circle back to... was he worth the 21st pick? I mean Idk, not really, not at all I'd say. So maybe he's a bust for a 1st rounder? I mean had he been a 2nd round pick(Davis) we'd all be pretty ok/satisfied with the pick. 

Then you circle back to how good was he relative to players picked around him... and maybe... it wasn't the worst pick possible? Idk.

I do know Jarrad Davis is good enough now to keep around the team. I didn't like hearing the rumors about replacing him with no one in place to replace him.... Plus he's good enough to play all three LB spots imo. I'm not in the camp that thinks Davis is a great player, but I'm not in the camp that says he's outright terrible and should be cut either. A lot worst problems than Jarrad Davis on this team, imo. Specifically DE and DE depth. 

Yes you are correct.  The Lions are a very bad team.  Because Jarrad Davis (a bad player) isn’t their worst problem is why they only one 3 games last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I think it comes down to how you define a bust. Everyone defines it differently, so it’s going to look different to each person. Personally, I don’t think he was worth his draft position. But he’s no Andre Ware either.