2020 NFL Draft

BZski

1 minute ago, flyguy1609 said:

say they offer 18,26 ,39 and Houston's 1 next yr. your still saying no?  i know it would suck to drop back that much but like everyone has been saying there is going be alot of studs at those picks.

Houstons 1st next year helps but I would still prefer the Chargers as a trade partner with a deal that would be #6, #37 and another pick. Your chances of hitting triples is much better in the top 10 than it is at 18 and/or 26. It can happen but you're probably closer to hitting singles or doubles if you're lucky. That's how we wind up with a Jarrad Davis or Taylor Decker instead of Ronnie Stanley or Jalen Ramsey.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Houstons 1st next year helps but I would still prefer the Chargers as a trade partner with a deal that would be #6, #37 and another pick. Your chances of hitting triples is much better in the top 10 than it is at 18 and/or 26. It can happen but you're probably closer to hitting singles or doubles if you're lucky. That's how we wind up with a Jarrad Davis or Taylor Decker instead of Ronnie Stanley or Jalen Ramsey.

To be fair this draft is particularly deep. Doesnt compare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

To be fair this draft is particularly deep. Doesnt compare.

We say that every year on different positions. Nearly 300 guys are going to be drafted. There isn't a year that we don't say position group x has a lot of talent and is deep. This year happens to have a very very deep WR group. QB class is deeper than usual; RB class has guys but doesn't have a "wow" guy; TE class seems really weak; DT has a lot of guys, LB's are pretty thin, CB's has a bunch of guys. 

If the team wants to get a whole bunch of picks and try to hit a few doubles in the middle rounds plus get value with talent dropping high into the 2nd, sure. To say that we're going to wind up with players of equal talent because the drat is deep seems unlikely to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We say that every year on different positions. Nearly 300 guys are going to be drafted. There isn't a year that we don't say position group x has a lot of talent and is deep. This year happens to have a very very deep WR group. QB class is deeper than usual; RB class has guys but doesn't have a "wow" guy; TE class seems really weak; DT has a lot of guys, LB's are pretty thin, CB's has a bunch of guys. 

If the team wants to get a whole bunch of picks and try to hit a few doubles in the middle rounds plus get value with talent dropping high into the 2nd, sure. To say that we're going to wind up with players of equal talent because the drat is deep seems unlikely to me. 

I dont think this is fair at all but alright. This draft is flat out deeper than those....by a wide margin I think. 

• Like 1

I get teams like their QBs, but thats a stupid Idea for Miami IMO.  I think part of that is because I am not nearly as high on Burrow as others are.  I think Tua is the better prospect if he didnt have the injuries.  Given he does have that history, I'd rather have Tua and Simmons/Okudah/Wirfs/Wills/etc than Burrow.  Not to mention the other stuff they would have to give up to get to #1. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get teams like their QBs, but thats a stupid Idea for Miami IMO.  I think part of that is because I am not nearly as high on Burrow as others are.  I think Tua is the better prospect if he didnt have the injuries.  Given he does have that history, I'd rather have Tua and Simmons/Okudah/Wirfs/Wills/etc than Burrow.  Not to mention the other stuff they would have to give up to get to #1. 

I’m really not enamored with any of the qbs this year except Tua. With his injury history, I’d probably shy away from him as well. I think Miami is insane for trading all their capitol for one player. Reminds me of the Herschel walker or Ricky Williams trade. No way I do it, even if it is a qb.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF Live Draft

Miami trades up with Washington to #2

5th, 39th, 2020 6th, 2021 1ST

Leaving Lions at #3 with Mr. Chase Young.

If I am the Lions, I would trade back up into the 1st and grab CJ Henderson, Kristian Fulton or one of those other guys in the bottom third of the draft. 

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If I am the Lions, I would trade back up into the 1st and grab CJ Henderson, Kristian Fulton or one of those other guys in the bottom third of the draft. 

Henderson is now projected to go top 10. been seeing Fulton drop to us in the 2nd rd

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

Henderson is now projected to go top 10. been seeing Fulton drop to us in the 2nd rd

PFF just did a live draft - Fulton went at 15, Henderson went at #16. 

Kinlaw went at 17 and Derrick Brown went at 22. 

Just an interesting exercise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF just did a live draft - Fulton went at 15, Henderson went at #16. 

Kinlaw went at 17 and Derrick Brown went at 22. 

Just an interesting exercise.

it really is. just counting down the hours til its show time. hope we just dont mess it up to much:D9_9

• Like 1