2020 NFL Draft

BZski

6 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

so it looks like the question peter schrager asked the other day may be coming true. 18,26,39 let’s say a 2nd next yr do we do it? 

I don't like it myself. The Dolphins have those picks and are willing to give them up... why wouldn't they just keep them after all of the other trades they made to get them? 

Maybe they include a 2021 1st in the mix too. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Yep - 2019 snaps.

If you look at Kennard, he has 778 snaps on DL

Collins - 324 Snaps on DL

Tavai - 149 Snaps on DL

Total of 473 Snaps on DL > 305 Snaps left to disburse

There is plenty of snaps to go around for another guy or two

Christian Jones had 365 snaps on DL (207 ROLB; 156 LOLB) 

If the idea is to be multiple, getting more guys who can play different positions really and truly is 'multiple'. 

Yeah and Bryant I think we get added to that equation.  I really wish this was a stronger unit to really maximize the schemes potential.  I hope Shelton helps Davis perform better.  He really needs a big guy to open things up for him.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't like it myself. The Dolphins have those picks and are willing to give them up... why wouldn't they just keep them after all of the other trades they made to get them? 

Maybe they include a 2021 1st in the mix too. 

Because they accumulated those assets to move around and land their building blocks of the future. If they come out of this draft with their LTOTF and QBOTF, it's quite a haul.

I'm a huge fan of Epenesa, so I love that deal: we leave the draft with BPA at #18, Epenesa at #26 and still have a premium pick at #39 to land another starter. That sounds fantastic.

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Because they accumulated those assets to move around and land their building blocks of the future. If they come out of this draft with their LTOTF and QBOTF, it's quite a haul.

I'm a huge fan of Epenesa, so I love that deal: we leave the draft with BPA at #18, Epenesa at #26 and still have a premium pick at #39 to land another starter. That sounds fantastic.

I love Epenesa as well but I would be disappointed if that was the highest ranked player we got out of this.  I’d rather have 5, 39 and 56.  

I don’t want to take a WR with our first pick but if Jeudy was there at 18 and we land him plus other starters at those picks I think it would be worth it.  I think Jeudy is an instant impact player I wouldn’t like it at first but i’d Look back on it and know we did well.

22 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

so it looks like the question peter schrager asked the other day may be coming true. 18,26,39 let’s say a 2nd next yr do we do it? 

Ummm no.  They need to add in next years 1st to even get things started.  Frankly it’s to late for this, if they wanted to make something like this happen they should have packaged some picks with 18 to get more into the top half where everyone seems to know there’s a big talent drop off around 15.  Next years 1st with this package and I’ll start to listen.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Yes

Ok this is a fun exercise.  

Do a three round mock with picks 5, 35, 39, 56, 67 and 85

Then do another one with picks 18, 26, 35, 39, 67 and 85

Then do a third one with 6, 35, 37, 67, 71 and 85.

Then rank them.  That will give you your answer if it’s worth it or not.  You can do realistic or best case scenario. Whatever makes it worth it for you.

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Ummm no.  They need to add in next years 1st to even get things started.  Frankly it’s to late for this, if they wanted to make something like this happen they should have packaged some picks with 18 to get more into the top half where everyone seems to know there’s a big talent drop off around 15.  Next years 1st with this package and I’ll start to listen.  

I probably would agree with you.  The real question is which first do you want?  Who do you trust to be the worse team; the rebuilt Dolphins or the Bill O’Brien led Texans?

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Then rank them.  That will give you your answer if it’s worth it or not.  You can do realistic or best case scenario. Whatever makes it worth it for you.

Sure, but #5, #39 and #56 doesn't seem to be on the table.

If it's between only #3 or #18, #26, #39 and a future pick, which would you choose?

8 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Exactly this. I want their first next year. If not, no deal.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I'd agree. I don't think they view Davis that way. Davis is a fast, downhill run-stopper that can provide occasional pressure and struggles in coverage. They had him playing in coverage way too often during his first few years. I think Patricia feels that he can utilize Davis' strengths in this defense, which makes him a "single".

Now, yeah, if Davis struggles to make an impact this year and leaves in FA after the 2021 season, he'll be a bust. No question.

So you need more than a first rounder's contract length to tell if someone's an outright bust? Makes sense that Quinn hasn't drafted any seeing as he's only been drafting for four years. 

4 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

So you need more than a first rounder's contract length to tell if someone's an outright bust? Makes sense that Quinn hasn't drafted any seeing as he's only been drafting for four years. 

Well, no. Good deal: if I had to decide right now if Davis was a bust, based on his draft position, performance and current usage, I'd say that he isn't. I was trying to give the anti-Quinn/anti-Patricia/anti-Davis crowd the benefit of the doubt. But, fine. Based on right now, he's not a bust.

23 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I love Epenesa as well but I would be disappointed if that was the highest ranked player we got out of this.  I’d rather have 5, 39 and 56.

First part: he wouldn't be. They'd be drafting BPA with pick #18. Second part: of course. I would too. It doesn't appear to be on the table.

43 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I found this rather funny lol