Packers Re-Sign Ricky Jean-Francois

deltarich87

On 9/13/2017 at 11:38 AM, Shanedorf said:

GB doesn't throw cash around willy-nilly, yet they kept RJF on the week 1 roster which guarantee's his full year salary. It's possible they did that in order to keep him waiting in the wings instead of joining another team. RJF is a pretty astute businessman

Welcome back RJF...just as nostra-dumbass predicted last week

photo.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

no official word until DeltaRich posts it...but Pankey is a fair guess now that Bulaga is back at practice

Makes sense.  Bulaga, Murphy and McCray can be the 3 OT until Bahk is ready to go.  Was just wondering if the Spriggs injury might land him on the IR if they think it is going to be a longer time before he is back.

4 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Uh oh I'm probably bout to read about Daniels being out a long time on the next thread I click on I bet

The issue this week is the quick turnaround to the Bears game next Thursday - that may impact who plays on Sunday. GB can play it safe with injured guys this week, then play them vs Chicago and have the 12 days mini-bye before their next game at Dallas

Albert is a lot better than anything we have behind Bakh and Bulaga.  Also going to get a lot more expensive and only a rental player.

But...Murphy, to me, looked pretty good at LT.  McCrary looked alright at RT.  I'm okay with them as primary backups, especially if Barclay can come back.

Spriggs on IR doesn't make me want Albert...at least not yet.

Makes you wonder if Spriggs was fighting something all training camp and it's finally got so serious that they needed to shut him down.

Could explain his struggles. Not trying to give him a past at all, if you put yourself on the field you have to answer for your play... and his was poor. Just saying might be part of the overall puzzle.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Makes you wonder if Spriggs was fighting something all training camp and it's finally got so serious that they needed to shut him down.

Could explain his struggles. Not trying to give him a past at all, if you put yourself on the field you have to answer for your play... and his was poor. Just saying might be part of the overall puzzle.

You might be on to something.  He looked so much better last year so it was surprising how he struggled this summer.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

You might be on to something.  He looked so much better last year so it was surprising how he struggled this summer.

Yeah. These guys need to be told when to shut it down most of the time. Most aren't offering to take themselves out. An injury, like fatigue, can cause poor technique because you naturally want to overly compensate... poor technique leads to getting beat.

And the packers probably played along until it became clear he can't go or play affectively with the injury.

Archived