2nd Rnd - Pick 20 | Overall: 52 | LAR selects J.K. Dobbins - RB
2nd Rnd - Pick 21 | Overall: 53 | IND selects Julian Okwara - 34OLB
2nd Rnd - Pick 22 | Overall: 54 | BAL selects Lloyd Cushenberry - RG
2nd Rnd - Pick 23 | Overall: 55 | CHI selects Jordan Love - QB
2nd Rnd - Pick 24 | Overall: 56 | TEN selects Cole Kmet - TE
2nd Rnd - Pick 25 | Overall: 57 | HOU selects Curtis Weaver - 34OLB
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

3. San Francisco (Henry Ruggs): A lot of people like Ruggs, and so I'm not blaming the 49ers for taking him higher than I'd like, but only two spots removed from Jeudy and Lamb?  I wonder if the 49ers FO panicked when the top two receivers were gone and grabbed him prematurely.  Elite athleticism, but is he really on the same level as proven receivers like Jeudy and Lamb?  I don't think so.

Honestly if Shanahan could mold a receiver it would be pretty similar to Henry Ruggs i am sure. Like N4L and Forge said in an ideal world we would have traded down again and looked for a receiver later on. However that wasn't possible and while Ruggs isn't as polished as Jeudy or Lamb i really love his fit in the 49ers offense.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

We traded down with only one receiver gone. We could have had Jeudy if we wanted Jeudy (the broncos selected him with the pick that we traded them) . There is a good chance that Ruggs goes 12 to Vegas or 13 to SF in the real draft. We traded down, picked up a third,  then tried to trade the pick to Philly so that they could select him, and then tried to trade the pick to Dallas so they could take their guy before actually taking him. There was definitely no panic. He was the selection that made the most sense for the 49ers. 

Really don't think SF taking Ruggs is anything to scoff at.  He's a dynamic weapon.  Jeudy is obviously the more well-rounded guy, but Ruggs is what the league is all about today.  He can blow the doors off a game in the blink of an eye.  Whichever guy you prefer in the broader sense...In a lot of ways, Ruggs almost seems like a better fit for the Niners than Jeudy.  Just primed to take some slants to the house and make JimmyG look like he's worth some of his contract.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I hated the agent crap in FFMD. The entire 49er forum did back then, which is why we never participated in the free agency aspect of FFMD 

Yeah.  The whole idea of Free Agency in most mocks just kinda ends up being a big slapfight.  A few people end up spending a bazillion dollars, and everyone else leaves in some state between annoyed and irate.  Especially if you throw whole forums in there together.

Glad this FFMD revival took the smart road, and just avoided the minefield of that element.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Had to get a bunch of stuff ready to launch eLearning this morning for my students. Will make a decision shortly. 

What grade?  I teach the 13th grade (college prof)... Also, don't draft any of my targets ;)

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

What grade?  I teach the 13th grade (college prof)... Also, don't draft any of my targets ;)

Elementary aged kiddos, distance learning for this group is going to be... interesting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Find someone who loves you the way FFMD loves trading down 

...but also, maybe have realistic expectations, because my wife definitely doesn't love me that much.

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly if Shanahan could mold a receiver it would be pretty similar to Henry Ruggs i am sure. Like N4L and Forge said in an ideal world we would have traded down again and looked for a receiver later on. However that wasn't possible and while Ruggs isn't as polished as Jeudy or Lamb i really love his fit in the 49ers offense.

Well, that makes sense.  I'm not as familiar with SF's scheme, obviously, because I'm not a Niners fan, so I guess take the grade with a grain of salt.  If it makes you feel better, I'd be grading yall at like a C, because it's not a terrible pick, just not a good one or great one IMO.  Most of the picks in the first round were good.  There was a big dropoff after the worst two, since I was trying not to strictly grade using my personal big board, which would make things wonky.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

14 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Elementary aged kiddos, distance learning for this group is going to be... interesting.

I got the high schoolers. We can send kids through a pure FFMD based curriculum! 

• Like 1