FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

29 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Akers before Edwards-Helaire? 

scratching my head at that one

cant see Marlon Davidson dropping this far IRL so nice getting him at 61 @mountainpd

3 years of production >> 1 year of production

Akers was successful in a dysfunctional offense, worst o-line in the nation, bad coaching, bad QB play you name it. CEH was in a historically good offense that had the #1 overall pick at QB, 3 lineman that will be drafted in a few weeks, and an OC that is now in the NFL. 

Also, we liked Akers ability to be a feature/3 down back next year if Conner is not retained. CEH is dynamic but better suited in a committee. Akers can break tackles, good in the passing game, low 4.4s so can take it to the house, can pass protect, and played QB in high school. He can do it all. 

CEH would have been a fine pick but Akers just fit what we were looking for more. We met with both at the combine FWIW. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

3 years of production >> 1 year of production

Akers was successful in a dysfunctional offense, worst o-line in the nation, bad coaching, bad QB play you name it. CEH was in a historically good offense that had the #1 overall pick at QB, 3 lineman that will be drafted in a few weeks, and an OC that is now in the NFL. 

Also, we liked Akers ability to be a feature/3 down back next year if Conner is not retained. CEH is dynamic but better suited in a committee. Akers can break tackles, good in the passing game, low 4.4s so can take it to the house, can pass protect, and played QB in high school. 

CEH would have been a fine pick but Akers just fit what we were looking for more. We met with both at the combine FWIW. 

Ill Allow It GIFs | Tenor

i like both honestly just hv seen CEH go well before Akers almost exclusively

wonder who goes first IRL

• Like 1

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Ill Allow It GIFs | Tenor

i like both honestly just hv seen CEH go well before Akers almost exclusively

wonder who goes first IRL

Before the combine I would have said CEH for sure. Now I think it is much closer. Akers dominated and ran a 4.47. CEH ran a 4.6

• Like 1