College Football 25

Ty21

some news

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-ncaa-football-players-comments

"We are building architecture of the game with database structure if and when that comes online we can add it to the game very seamlessly,” EA Chief Operating Officer Blake Jorgensen says.

The statement indicates that EA is certainly building up some sort of technical infrastructure that would allow it to more easily implement real-world athletes’ name, image, and likeness. What form that ultimately takes though, and how quickly it can be achieved, remains unknown.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, August4th said:

some info

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/heres-everything-i-know-about-ea-sports-college-football-with-updated-info/

sounds like EA is going all in on making the game atmosphere feel like college football with crowd chants and band music

Let's just be honest, it doesn't matter how "good" this game is, it'll get eaten alive from everyone for every single little thing wrong. It has no chance to get a favorable view. 

5 hours ago, Norm said:

Let's just be honest, it doesn't matter how "good" this game is, it'll get eaten alive from everyone for every single little thing wrong. It has no chance to get a favorable view. 

I think it has a lot of potential, tbh. Madden's gameplay is meh but it's at least playable. I just hope that they put a lot of emphasis on the "franchise" mode and make recruiting fun. I'd love to have an online mode where you can play with friends and go after recruits/transfers, etc.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norm said:

That’s fair. As long as dynasty is on par at least with 14, they add playoffs, and no college MUT I won’t be overly critical. Also the my player mode being able to port to madden again would be cool, although madden desperately needs to fix their my player mode. It’s been broken since 2012. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That’s fair. As long as dynasty is on par at least with 14, they add playoffs, and no college MUT I won’t be overly critical. Also the my player mode being able to port to madden again would be cool, although madden desperately needs to fix their my player mode. It’s been broken since 2012. 

I'm not the biggest "EA BAD!" guy so I have decently high hopes, but it's absolutely going to game a MUT style mode right? It seems like there's no chance they'll skip that. 

On 6/18/2022 at 12:12 PM, iknowcool said:

NCAA 14 MUT was awesome and the only ultimate team-like mode in any sports game that I have enjoyed.  It would have bummed me if that wasn't brought back. 

It'll come back but it'll probably be annoying as hell

On 6/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, iknowcool said:

NCAA 14 MUT was awesome and the only ultimate team-like mode in any sports game that I have enjoyed.  It would have bummed me if that wasn't brought back. 

I know Ive said it before, but MUT is the only game mode keeping that EA franchise alive (to me).

They HAVE to fix the issues with it because there is so much potential there.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:08 AM, Norm said:

Not sure where this logic comes from.   Kinda sounds like a backhanded defense of Madden, although I could be wrong.

NCAA 14 still regarded as an excellent football game by most.   If they release it and its notably inferior gameplay/dynasty/feature-wise to NCAA 14, then yes...it will get blasted, and deservedly so.

But hell, even if they just re-released NCAA 14 with modern graphics and a few improvements, I think many people would buy it, including me.

28 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not sure where this logic comes from.   Kinda sounds like a backhanded defense of Madden, although I could be wrong.

NCAA 14 still regarded as an excellent football game by most.   If they release it and its notably inferior gameplay/dynasty/feature-wise to NCAA 14, then yes...it will get blasted, and deservedly so.

But hell, even if they just re-released NCAA 14 with modern graphics and a few improvements, I think many people would buy it, including me.

What I’m scared of was that 14 was the potential first step in the wrong direction. They neutered recruiting by only allowing you to assign points and then it was essentially hands off until you either got the recruit or didn’t. I feel like it’s possible it would’ve kept going downhill if they’d kept on, but hopefully they know what they have with this game and how much money they had to put into it will make them full **** it. We’ll see. It’s what I’ve wanted for a long time, and something that hopefully enables me to retire my ps3 once and for all. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I still play 14 so obviously I think it's a good game. But it has the added benefit of being the last one so the only one to play it and only the hardcore guys are still around talking about it, and obviously still playing it, so of course the talk around it is going to be positive.

I think the new one will be a good game and I do not believe it will just be a Madden clone. But you can bet your *** the internet is going to do everything they can to make it seem like a disaster. This is what they do to about every game anymore. 

Like if it's just better graphics but the same, yes I'll buy it too. But it'll still get murdered online. That's all I'm saying. The whole reality vs Internet perception of gaming anymore, especially anything EA. 

• Like 1

Releasing it only to PC and current Gen (ps5 and Xbox whatever) is super bold as it cuts out a significant part of their potential base but means the game can actually max out on current gen’s potential 

17 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Releasing it only to PC and current Gen (ps5 and Xbox whatever) is super bold as it cuts out a significant part of their potential base but means the game can actually max out on current gen’s potential 

It's also another year out, so it gives more people a better opportunity to move from last gen.  I don't know when the consoles will be easier to come by, but it's something that should get progressively easier and easier.

• Like 1