College Football 25

Ty21

4 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Definitely.  I have to encourage like 20 guys an offseason it seems from over recruiting, and not enough players declaring for the draft early.

Some players do end up on other teams, but not everyone.  I don't know what the rhyme or reason is though.  I've seen some former players on other teams do well, and some high overall guys seem to just disappear from the game, like the old cut system.  A lot of them will end up in the transfer portal again the following season, because the team they get assigned to won't fit their deal breaker.  I've seen it happen with a lot of my former players with the proximity from home deal breaker.  

Dang 20 guys? Thats alot. You must be doing some seriously great recruiting lol Congrats on that. But yeah its good that those transfers you can see on other teams. Im not shocked to hear other players just disappear from the game. Ok so some of those players end back up in the transfer portal? Thats rather interesting. Those dealbreakers are something else though lol 

On 8/2/2024 at 7:53 AM, stl4life07 said:

Does anyone ever encourage someone to transfer?

Ive only done it once in my 2nd season with LSU. I committed the 2nd ranked QB prospect and wanted him to start as a true freshman. I didnt think Nussmeire would come back for his Senior season but he did. I told him to transfer. Also when someone on your team does transfer do you see them on another team? Like see them on another roster or even play against them in the game?

I do if by their Soph or Jr season and they've already RS'd and basically have no chance of playing time. Frees up space for recruits.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I do if by their Soph or Jr season and they've already RS'd and basically have no chance of playing time. Frees up space for recruits.

Yeah I had to encourage guys this past offseason bc I was over the roster limit. I’ll probably have to do the same this offseason. 

Honestly the thing not talked about the most from what I’ve seen is how bad punting it, unless I just have a really bad punter all the time. The only time to punt is when you’re around the 50 and can pin them in the 20. Otherwise you’re just gonna trade like 20 yards or field position on a punt on the other side of the field lol 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Honestly the thing not talked about the most from what I’ve seen is how bad punting it, unless I just have a really bad punter all the time. The only time to punt is when you’re around the 50 and can pin them in the 20. Otherwise you’re just gonna trade like 20 yards or field position on a punt on the other side of the field lol 

It depends on the punter but agreed. I had a power punter and he was useful, the new recruit I got after he graduated can barely get it 40 yards if I max power and don't mess up, sometimes ends up being the 20 like you said.

Kicking is garbage too. I've got an accurate kicker who still has a crazy bar and needs full power to hit attempts 45 or shorter, and shanks it sometimes still. Yet the CPU nails 55+ yarders down the middle with anyone and everyone.

Is it just me or is it impossible to throw a screen pass to the back? Like I just cant do it. Im always getting hit either before or as I throw the ball.

Also Im seeing how I have to encourage so many players to transfer. 85 limit roster size and I had like 102 players so I had to get it down to 85. The good news is though I constantly reload. I had back to back top class in the nation. Looks like Im going to have that again this year as Ive already signed (8) 5 star prospects at various positions. It seems to be now me (LSU) and Oregon competing for the top spot and so far Im always beating them lol. So I have overall talent so that makes me cutting somewhat hard but also easy just due to if I cut a talent I have another talent at that same position to replace. 

Still so annoyed my Heisman winning qb decided he didn’t like the prospect of going pro at Central despite us winning the natty that year and went to Tennessee to back up a younger qb. He played one snap there all season. 

Tennessee is a good 4 star program to build. You'd have to do some recruiting on the defensive side of the ball, but they have a freshman QB who is already like 86 overall and has elite development trait.

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Still so annoyed my Heisman winning qb decided he didn’t like the prospect of going pro at Central despite us winning the natty that year and went to Tennessee to back up a younger qb. He played one snap there all season. 

I like the concept of factors that contribute to a player's decision to want to transfer or go pro, but agreed that some of the things seem silly and should be overridden when they do something like winningr a Heisman.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just scouted a Freshman WR recruit that has 100 Speed. I didn't know that was possible. 

I think it drops down a few points when he comes on. 

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just scouted a Freshman WR recruit that has 100 Speed. I didn't know that was possible. 

on my main dynasty mode i'm doing with texas i just got a receiver to commit with a 101 speed rating. not to one-up you lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

on my main dynasty mode i'm doing with texas i just got a receiver to commit with a 101 speed rating. not to one-up you lol. 

Why is that a thing??? LOL

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess you get that Tyreek Hill recruit every once in awhile lol 

Ok but the crazy thing. Out of the top 100 actual players in CFB 25, no one is above a 96 speed. Yet I've seen numerous recruits, even quarterbacks with a speed rating that seems to not be on the same scale. Feels bizarre yknow?