College Football 25

Ty21

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ok but the crazy thing. Out of the top 100 actual players in CFB 25, no one is above a 96 speed. Yet I've seen numerous recruits, even quarterbacks with a speed rating that seems to not be on the same scale. Feels bizarre yknow?

Just another fun feature to point out to them. Now that the base is done, to me, they have a whole year to iron out bugs and improve features for 26. Add it to the list. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just another fun feature to point out to them. Now that the base is done, to me, they have a whole year to iron out bugs and improve features for 26. Add it to the list. 

Please no. Give us a game every like 3-5 years.

Yearly cycles are what kills sports games. No polish nor dev time to implement features. 

**** it give us a live service model with an offline mode you can buy for $60 before they do the yearly model again.

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just scouted a Freshman WR recruit that has 100 Speed. I didn't know that was possible. 

I wish for me lol I know I had two freshman QBs with 99 speed. One I encouraged to transfer bc I had a loaded QB room with 5 star prospects and he was the only 4 star prospect that wasnt a good enough passer to compliment his running like the others were on the roster. But I wish I had a WR with 100 speed or even a HB for that matter lol

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

on my main dynasty mode i'm doing with texas i just got a receiver to commit with a 101 speed rating. not to one-up you lol. 

What star was he? I think the highest I got at WR was a 96 and I scout and commit 5 and 4 star athletes. I dont recruit many 3 stars or lower but hopefully I can find a WR one time with at least a 99 speed. I mean I found two QBs with 99 speed you would think I can find a WR or a HB with 99 speed no problem lol

I have seen 98 and 99 speed at qb and wr

Also, just now learned that when you can do position changes, sort by position and you can pick where your ATH play.. often they are better at a different position than recruited.. example, a 4 star 6'4" ATH scouted as physical WR is 71 overall. At LB he's 74, S 75

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

Finally broke down and bought an Xbox so I could get this game.  I have a newborn so wanted something I could play while sleep deprived from the couch.  

Just lost a heartbreaker to Georgia in the semifinal as Louisiana Tech.  It's pretty hard early on to recruit with crappy schools given how few hours you have per week but I'm starting to get the hang of it.  Last recruiting class was by far my best and I redshirted most of them so excited for this next season, especially with my freshman 98 speed/throw power QB

• Like 4

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Finally broke down and bought an Xbox so I could get this game.  I have a newborn so wanted something I could play while sleep deprived from the couch.  

Just lost a heartbreaker to Georgia in the semifinal as Louisiana Tech.  It's pretty hard early on to recruit with crappy schools given how few hours you have per week but I'm starting to get the hang of it.  Last recruiting class was by far my best and I redshirted most of them so excited for this next season, especially with my freshman 98 speed/throw power QB

I was have that problem soon bc I downloaded someone created my alma mater Southeastern Louisiana University. They are an FCS school so Im going to put them in a dynasty mode with me as the created coach of course lol Im going to start as an Independent to get rid of UMass then move to the ACC. Im bracing myself for struggles early with recruiting. I currently have a dynasty with LSU and recruiting have been easy since Ive gotten better with it. Im close to locking my third straight 1st overall class and this year I have (13) 5 stars. (7) of the top 12 prospects committed. So its been easy. Ive won 3 straight national championships and currently Im in the semifinals playing Florida. If I beat them I have to be Miami or Clemson for my 4th straight national championship. 

The one thing I hate though is how much I fumble especially late in games when Im trying to run out the clock. It cost me in one game and almost cost me in a few more others but I managed to pull through. Im holding the protect the ball button too and still fumbling. But yeah I think as you advance in the game and start to unlock your coaching abilities your program should be better. I finally got to unlock in the CEO where I can get a prospect to commit immediately after sending a scholarship. That should help me be able to focus on more prospects bc even though Im getting alot to commit Im missing out still on others bc Im not focusing on them early on. I just chalk it up to I cant sign everyone who has me in their top 5 or at least that Im interested in lol

Im just curious as to what do you yall look for in an athlete to determine what position you will change him to play? Or do yall just keep him at the projected position? I normally just keep them at their projected position but Id like to experiment with some to see if they can even be better at another position especially if I need upgrade at certain positions. 

On 8/6/2024 at 8:04 AM, FinneasGage said:
On 8/5/2024 at 11:29 PM, MKnight82 said:

I just scouted a Freshman WR recruit that has 100 Speed. I didn't know that was possible. 

on my main dynasty mode i'm doing with texas i just got a receiver to commit with a 101 speed rating. not to one-up you lol. 

now that he's on my roster he's just a 99 fwiw 

On 8/6/2024 at 6:47 PM, adamq said:

Also, just now learned that when you can do position changes, sort by position and you can pick where your ATH play.. often they are better at a different position than recruited.. example, a 4 star 6'4" ATH scouted as physical WR is 71 overall. At LB he's 74, S 75

They got rid of this with the latest patch. Can no longer change incoming freshmens positions 

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

What? No way. That's the point of an Athlete.

Yeah I was annoyed. Now if you try to change them a year later, they get treated as any other player so you take a massive hit to their overall by moving positions. Hopefully EA switches it back

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Yeah I was annoyed. Now if you try to change them a year later, they get treated as any other player so you take a massive hit to their overall by moving positions. Hopefully EA switches it back

Pretty sure its fixed for online dynasties but not yet for offline ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Pretty sure its fixed for online dynasties but not yet for offline ones

Wow so it was just a f up, which killed my experimental dynasty. I was building up Mizzou by only recruiting athletes and switching their position, everything but K/P that is. It worked quite well

Edited by adamq