Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Steelers

Madmike90

Chicago_Bears_Logo_Mike_Ditka_Superfan--VSPittsburgh-Steelers-NFL-Team-Colors-Arch

Week 3: Bears vs Steelers - 24th of September 2017 - Chicago High: 89°F | Low: 66°F - The Place...

6cbbb1299a620e6a4894ef75ed2f7c31.jpg

Trivia...

All Time Record...Bears led the all time series 18-7-1.

The last meeting took place on 22 September 2013 with the Bears running out 40-23 winners.

Two of the greatest Bears of all times ended up here because of trades with the Steelers...

On the first day of the 1964 NFL Draft, the Bears traded their second- and fourth-round selections to the Steelers in exchange for Pittsburgh's first-round choice the following year.

With the picks they acquired from the Bears, the Steelers chose Notre Dame receiver Jim Kelly at No. 28 and Jackson State tackle Ben McGee at No. 51. Kelly played just one season for the Steelers, catching 10 passes for 186 yards and one touchdown. McGee had a more successful career, being voted to two Pro Bowls in nine seasons with the Steelers.

But the Bears spent the No. 3 pick in the 1965 draft that they had acquired from Pittsburgh on Illinois linebacker **** Butkus. The Chicago native was voted to the Pro Bowl in each of his first eight NFL seasons, was selected All-NFL seven times and is still considered arguably the most ferocious defensive player in league history.

Butkus was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1979 and had his No. 51 jersey retired by the Bears in 1994.

Before the 1938 season, the Bears sent end Edgar "Eggs" Manske to the Steelers in exchange for Pittsburgh's first-round selection in the 1939 draft.

The Bears used the pick to take Colombia quarterback Sid Luckman at No. 2. Luckman not only led the Bears to four NFL titles during 12 seasons with the team from 1939-50, but he played a key role in revolutionizing pro football by helping to introduce the "T" formation.

Luckman was voted All-NFL five times, led the NFL in touchdown passes three times and was named league MVP in 1943. He was selected to the NFL's All-Decade Team for the 1940s and threw a league-record seven TD passes in a 1943 win over the New York Giants.

Manske returned to the Bears midway through the 1938 season and remained with them through 1940, when they crushed the Washington Redskins 73-0 in the NFL title game.

Stat Leaders...

Passing - Mike Glennon 514 yards 2 TDs - 2 INTs vs. Ben Roethlisberger 506 yards 4 TDs - 1 INT.

Rushing - Tarik Cohen 79 yards vs. Le'Veon Bell 115 yards.

Receiving - Kendall Wright 103 yards vs. Antonio Brown 244 yards.

Tackles - Eddie Jackson 11 tackles vs. Ryan Shazier 15 tackles.

Sacks - Akiem Hicks 2 sacks vs. T.J Watt/ Anthony Chickillo 2 sacks.

INTs - What are those again? vs. T.J Watt 1 INT.

Injury Report...

Bears..

Jordan Howard--RB--Limited Participation in Practice

Benny Cunningham--RB--Limited Participation in Practice

Nick Kwiatkoski--LB--Did Not Participate In Practice

Kyle Long--G--Limited Participation in Practice

Akiem Hicks--DE--Limited Participation in Practice

Mark Sanchez--QB--Did Not Participate In Practice

Tom Compton--T--Did Not Participate In Practice

Deon Bush--S--Full Participation in Practice

Prince Amukamara--CB--Limited Participation in Practice

Markus Wheaton--WR--Full Participation in Practice

Josh Sitton--G--Did Not Participate In Practice

Kendall Wright--WR--Limited Participation in Practice

Steelers...

Ben Roethlisberge--rQB--Did Not Participate In Practice

Darrius Heyward-Bey--WR--Did Not Participate In Practice

Stephon Tuitt--DE--Limited Participation in Practice

Jesse James--TE--Did Not Participate In Practice

Bud Dupree--LB--Limited Participation in Practice

Maurkice Pouncey--C--Did Not Participate In Practice

Jerald Hawkins--T--Full Participation in Practice

T.J. Watt--LB--Limited Participation in Practice

Marcus Gilbert--T--Did Not Participate In Practice

J.J. Wilcox--S--Full Participation in Practice

Coaching Matchup...

John Fox - Career record - 136-120 (.531) vs. Mike Tomlin - Career Record - 113-63 (.642)

Simply put, they need one of either Long or Sitton to play (preferably both) in order to stand a chance to run the ball and keep this game within reach.  Otherwise forget it.

Hard to contain an offense like the Steelers who have so many play makers but I'm not as worried about the defense.  They can hold their own as long as the offense doesn't hang them out to dry.

I'll be working during this game, likely driving home from Iowa during the next game, working the following game.  I have yet to sit down and watch a Bears game this year and won't for a while.  And given their current state, I'm not all that disappointed.  And that kinda sucks to think about.  I miss the days when my entire week was essentially planned around watching the Bears.

I'm going 31-3, Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh has no reason not to absolutely stack the box every play, because Glennon is like the worst or second-worst QB in the league in terms of their longest completed pass through two games.

I can see the Bears defense holding up okay in the run game, but the Steelers passing attack will destroy them if there's no pass rush.

Ooooo the Markus Wheaton revenge game.

I can't imagine that we'll be as bad as the Bucs game, however the Steelers are a better team than Tampa and I expect them to take this one pretty comfortably. Steelers win 28-13.

I just wanna see something promising in this one, maybe we get the run game going, maybe a few sacks, maybe a few of those turnover things we've heard so much about. I'm just sick of games being over then it's just pure negativity for a week, just give us something.

This week's first positive: That photo of Soldier Field is an absolute beauty.

2 hours ago, RidiculousJames said:

Ooooo the Markus Wheaton revenge game.

I can't imagine that we'll be as bad as the Bucs game, however the Steelers are a better team than Tampa and I expect them to take this one pretty comfortably. Steelers win 28-13.

I just wanna see something promising in this one, maybe we get the run game going, maybe a few sacks, maybe a few of those turnover things we've heard so much about. I'm just sick of games being over then it's just pure negativity for a week, just give us something.

This week's first positive: That photo of Soldier Field is an absolute beauty.

Lol that didn't work out so well for the mike Glennon revenge game.

I think we are shifting our expectations way to far on the negative side. This is still a week to week league and Pittsburgh is not some elite next level team. I think we hang with the Steelers til the fourth quarter and then someone blows a defensive assignment (Looking at you Eddie) followed by a classic Glennon urinating down his leg pick in double coverage.

Steelers run the clock out with multiple third down conversations.

23-30 Steelers. 

Archived