FFMD II Dallas Cowboys Front Office

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Our "second" round pick was just up. Just for fun - who would we have drafted had we stayed put?

• Kyle Dugger, S
  • Damon Arnette, CB
  • Cole Kmet, TE
  • Curtis Weaver, Edge
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IEcW9RBaxto_mfTk2vfEEkZQdsqO3r_7M3hMLzUcOVQ/edit#gid=1177407507

Depending how you view Weaver - who I think would have been the pick - determines if you think we won or lost the trade.

I’d take the trade for Epenesa over all them by a wide margin tbh. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Please explain Weavers production ration to me...if he can't play

I never said he can't play, I just don't have him graded as a 2nd rounder. He's a 3rd rounder to me. I just kind of saw a guy who ran around slow footed tackles. 7 of his 13.5 sacks this year came against Portland State and UNLV. Just like Jaylon Ferguson last year - 45 career sacks but he was a 3rd round player.

There are things to like, but I like other guys more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’d take the trade for Epenesa over all them by a wide margin tbh. 

We had to make a small trade up to get out of your spot to ensure we got one of the last first round graded players on our board. Nearly blew up on us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We had to make a small trade up to get out of your spot to ensure we got one of the last first round graded players on our board. Nearly blew up on us

You had first round grades near pick 50?!?

We ran out of first round grades at 18 people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You had first round grades near pick 50?!?

We ran out of first round grades at 18 people.

Let's say to top 32 grades as opposed to first round, because there is a difference, but yes. Terrell and Johnson

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well given that stance we should take another vote if it gets super close to our pick. There are still some guys on the board that have early starting potential we can draft.

Exactly. As soon as he said he wants to wait to see who is there, I was like, well maybe we will too. There's a chance we don't agree to the trade anymore if the board falls a certain way.

The deal should be off the table. If they want to negotiate again that's fine but they offered a deal, we accepted, then they basically backed out of their own offer.

I was willing to make the trade at the time, but now that we are watching the board it shouldn't be assumed we still accept the deal whenever they are ready

Just now, DaBoys said:

Exactly. As soon as he said he wants to wait to see who is there, I was like, well maybe we will too. There's a chance we don't agree to the trade anymore if the board falls a certain way.

The deal should be off the table. If they want to negotiate again that's fine but they offered a deal, we accepted, then they basically backed out of their own offer.

I was willing to make the trade at the time, but now that we are watching the board it shouldn't be assumed we still accept the deal whenever they are ready

sheesh

cant a brother wait til he knows whos available

just being proactive on the trade front