Goodell wants draft to continue outside Team venues

Johnny Nix

Whatever is selected by teams (whether empty convention centers, a man's basement, to 100% individual home offices) ... It defers liability and bad PR for the NFL, as they advised reasonable measures for this.

No additional time needed per pick. You have a month to practice whatever virtual way you choose. The picks are called in via phone to someone at the end. And calling other teams for potential trade options are done via phone.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 3:06 PM, bomont said:

And they couldn't keep them out because? Also have a cop car or two patrolling and telling the morons to go back home. It doesn't matter to me but I don't see it as a deal

Keeping them "out" is one thing.  Keeping them from congregating in the parking lot in dangerous groups, is another thing altogether.

Frankly, by the time the draft gets here...who knows how many cop cars they'll have to spare to just "patrol the parking lot of some NFL team facility" to keep idiot fans from assembling in big germ spreading groups for a tailgating extravaganza.  If teams can keep things quiet, that's at least a couple cop cars to have dispatched to other more important duties, and also a handful of cops not potentially being exposed to a stupid drunken tailgating mob just so teams can house things in their normal facilities.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, Danand said:

The most stable solution I have found is Discord, but doubt the choose to use a gamer/chat platform

I've got the perfect solution.  They should hold the draft from right here on Football's Future!  Each GM would have to be hanging in his team's forum and then go into the NFL Draft Forum when it's his turn to make his pick!  Of course, GMs should be willing to receive input from members here when making their decision as to who they pick.  :D

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've got the perfect solution.  They should hold the draft from right here on Football's Future!  Each GM would have to be hanging in his team's forum and then go into the NFL Draft Forum when it's his turn to make his pick!  Of course, GMs should be willing to receive input from members here when making their decision as to who they pick.  :D

The Texans forum would get to 600,000 posts in a single hour. Most of which would be @Pastor Dillon, @Texansfan713 and I cursing out BoB.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-03-27 at 3:33 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Oh I bet they'll do a dozen lol Things will still happen that are unforeseen, at least I feel they will be. I just hope that this goes on as normal though b/c we need something. Trying my best not to sound selfish right now

They did a mock run through today with all teams. Apparently the only hiccup was right at the start (shockingly the bengals). Also, when they all joined at the start, nobody was muted so it was a mess. Hopefully it goes smoothly come Thursday. Looking forward to some team forgetting to mute themselves and tipping their hand!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojibwe said:

They did a mock run through today with all teams. Apparently the only hiccup was right at the start (shockingly the bengals). Also, when they all joined at the start, nobody was muted so it was a mess. Hopefully it goes smoothly come Thursday. Looking forward to some team forgetting to mute themselves and tipping their hand!

30 For 30: Where Is The Mute Button?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mojibwe said:

Looking forward to some team forgetting to mute themselves and tipping their hand !

yeah, I was thinking some GMs kid / wife is gonna blurt out something awkward in the background... 

Live from the Basement of BOB ( BOBOB) :   " OMFG ! They're trading JJ Watt to the Packers !!!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

yeah, I was thinking some GMs kid / wife is gonna blurt out something awkward in the background... 

Live from the Basement of BOB ( BOBOB) :   " OMFG ! They're trading JJ Watt to the Packers !!!"

Ideally, they would just tell him he’s in the draft and he’d be in a fake zoom meeting...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojibwe said:

or someone talking on mute and missing their pick

• Like 1

Going to also be interesting to see if and how many times they screw up a live interview feed? Several FO Personnel have done interviews with NFLN, ESPN, ect showing draft day their sets up in the house, where the league camera is placed for adherence,  same camera that will be used to talk with those individuals from each network.

Problem is, everyone of them had big boards sets up in the background, multiple screens where you could clearly see who might be getting targeted next if paying attention?  Things you'd never be privy to in normal draft. Wonder if they accidently screw that up once or twice ruining someone's draft board because others were also watching?