EaglesPeteC

DAYS 1 AND 2 DRAFT REVIEW FOR THE AFC EAST AND AFC WEST

Dolphins

5- Justin Herbert QB

18- Josh Jones T

26- Antoine Winfield Jr S

29- D’Andre Swift RB

61- Marlon Davidson DL

In my opinion, the Dolphins did themselves a disservice not getting in on the trade up for Tua. By allowing the Chargers to jump them, this is not an impressive looking group. The Dolphins didn’t seem enamored with Herbert. They tired to trade back and could and settled on Herbert. Then with their next two first round picks the reached on 2nd round prospects in Josh Jones and Antoine Winfield. Swift and Davidson are fine picks but I don’t think counteract the failing at the top of the draft.

Jets

11- Makhi Becton T

48- Laviska Shenault WR

68- Noah Igbinoghene CB

79- Jonathan Greenard EDGE

I am a big fan of this start for the Jets. I think Becton might be the most physically gifted tackle in the draft. If healthy, Shenault is an offensive weapon the Jets haven’t had in years. In the 3rd round, they got two 2nd round prospects at positions of major need.

Patriots

23- Patrick Queen LB

87- Jacob Eason QB

100- Tyler Johnson WR

I think the Patriots got this all wrong. Passing on Love at 23 for a non premium position in LB is almost unforgiveable. Then they settle on Jacob Eason in the 3rd. The Patriots may have the most uninspiring QB room in the league. Then they add to a room full of slot WR’s another slot WR. Neat.

Bills

60- Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

86- Bradlee Anae EDGE

The Bills got Stephon Diggs. So that already makes it a homerun of a draft. I got to tell you though, after waiting 60 picks to fill a position of need, I don’t get the pick of a RB after it looks like Devin Singletary was a very capable feature back. Anae is also a bit of an uninspiring EDGE without a lot of athletic upside.

Chargers

3- Tua Tagovailoa QB

71- Jordyn Brooks LB

The Chargers did what the Dolphins refused to do and went up and got the QB they needed. This was a great move and Tua is perfect for them. He is the best fit for this offense. Pretty much everything else they do is irrelevant if Tua becomes the QB he can be. I would have like to see them grab a OT in the 3rd as there were still some good ones on the board but Brooks is a fine player.

Raiders

12- Ceedee Lamb WR

41- Grant Delpit S

97- Jalen Hurts QB

The Raiders made a lot of moves and somehow come out of this draft with very little to show for it in 2020. They traded for lots of future picks, when you think that the Raiders would make more of a push to win now. This plan can be solid however if the Raiders are in on next year’s QB class. They picked up the Panthers 1st Round pick which could very well be in the top 10. The two players they did walk out with are homeruns in Lamb and Delpit. Edit: a mere hours after I typed this up, they go and draft a QB…….I dunno man…..

Broncos

13- Jerry Jeudy WR

46- Jeremy Chinn S

77- Amik Robertson CB

83- Ben Bartch G

This might be my favorite draft so far. The Broncos hit on 4 very strong players in real positions of need. Jeudy is an excellent get for this offense. Robertson and Chinn really give some strong athletes and playmakers on the back end. Bartch is a really good utility player on the offensive line. Great job by the Broncos here.

Chiefs

25- Yeter Gross Matos DE

32- Trevon Diggs CB

50- Jonathan Taylor RB

104- McTelvin Agim DT

106- Shane Lemieux G

On paper this is a nice crew, but it is hard to see past them trading a premium player like Chris Jones. For me, I’d rather just have Chris Jones than TGM. I’m not the biggest Trevon Diggs fan, but he may fit what the Chiefs like to do on the back end. Taylor can be a game changer for what is already a scary offense. Agim plugs the roster hole created by Chris Jones and Lemieux is a quality guard that could compete to start. Overall a strong draft so far.

• Like 7

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens

1.28 - Zach Baun OLB  ———B
2.54 - Lloyd Cushenberry OG —A
2.63 - Malik Harrison ILB ——B+
3.76 - Lynn Bowden Jr WR — C
3.85 - Raekwon Davis DE —- A
4.113 -
4.129 - 
7.226 - 

Out: Matt Judon OLB, Ellis NT

In: Sammy Watkins

After a disappointing end to last season, the Ravens should be walking into this draft with their heads high. They have the reigning MVP in a very young Lamar Jackson and weapons all over. Free agency was a definitive win for them with the additions of Wolfe and Campbell. Nine selections is a great start to any draft plan too.

In no particular order, Baltimore needed to look into adding help at ILB, IOL, EDGE, and WR.

They’ve targeted those needs aggressively, moving around the draft board and shopping some good players in the process.
After the Baun selection, the Ravens FO shipped Judos and Ellis for Carolina’s 3rd and 4th round selections.. an admirable haul.
Day two netted the Ravens 4 picks. They got fantastic value on Davis, who looks perfect learning behind Campbell, and Cushenberry who steps in to protect The Franchise.

That WR room got revamped and we’ll see if Harrison can be the next great Ravens ILB

WR: Brown, Watkins, Snead IV, Boykin, Bowden Jr, Moore

With three more selections and two in the 4th round, Baltimore is in really good shape. Look for them to double down on positions they’ve addressed so far, namely EDGE with the loss of Judon, potentially LB, DL, and OL. Ravens have afforded themselves the ability to go BPA from here on out. They’re the class of the AFC North as it stands right now, and look like early Super Bowl Favorites.

A- draft grade

Pittsburgh Steelers

2.59 - Cam Aikers RB — C
3.102 - K’Von Wallace S — A+
4.109 -
4.112 -
4.124 -
6.183 -
7.233 -

Notes:

Steel City had a productive free agency. Trading for DL help with Chris Wormley, resigning Bud Dupree, and signing Derek Watt, Eric Ebron, and Stefan Wisniewski. Despite their cap limitations I’d say that’s a pretty good start.

And given what they started with in terms of draft capital, the Steelers have moved around quite well so far.

Coming in, they needed to keep an eye on WR, S, RB, and the interior of both lines and the linebacker corps.

I won’t lie, I really liked what the Steelers were doing before the trade up for Aikers. But for me, giving up capital to snag a RB not named Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift is a mistake that early. I think they could have stood pat and gotten a quality back, or addressed the position later. I know Conner and the backups aren’t steady.. but there is depth there at the very least. RBs can be had later, even dynamic ones. All in all he is a good fit for them, so its hard to dock Pittsburgh too much there.

The Wallace pick more than makes up for it however. Robin to Simmons Batman in Clemson. A move piece next to an already great one in Minkah, this is insurance in case he goes down as well as just nuts versatility on that backend.

Steelers have five more picks and three 4th rounders so we’ll see if they how they address the remainder of their needs. They have plenty of time and capital.

A side note should be added about QB here. At this point in the draft, the Steelers need to decide if Duck and Rudolph showed enough at backup to warrant skipping the position in the draft. Realistically, if you can’t find a prospect better, there’s no need to bring someone else into the fray.
Keep an eye on Jameis here. I think that would be a sneaky good fit for this squad if Tampa wants to get rid of him…

A- draft grade

Cleveland Browns

1.8- Jedrick Willis OT ———B
3.78 - Netane Muti OG——- C+
3.80 - Jack Driscoll OT——- B-
3.81 - Troy Dye LB ———— C+
3.91 - Antonio Gibson ——- B-
5.157 -

IN: Justin Evans S, Te’von Coney LB, Oak 2021 5th

Cleveland was one of the more active teams in free agency as far as money spent was concerned. Electing to fill holes with the addition of Hooper, Conklin, Keenum, Joseph, Sendejo, Clayborn, and others.

They entered the draft with 7 picks and have maneuvered this thing as much as anyone. 

Their needs coming in are OT and LB and they will keep an eye on pass catchers, S, and DL as well.

To kick things off, the Browns shipped out a mid rounder to insure they got their guy in Willis. They followed it up with getting insane value in S Delpit, though after sleeping on it apparently decided a bevy of third rounders, as well as safety and linebacker depth was a better route.

I didn’t really like the move, but if you think the best value in this draft is the bottom of the third round then this makes some sense.

What made matters worse was turning four selections in thirteen picks into two more offensive linemen, a reach on an admittedly tantalizing prospect in Gibson and a LB with mixed reviews.

Cleveland has attacked this board and without much concern for anyone else opinion. How very Browns-esque. But I won’t pretend to understand what they’re doing here.

There is such a thing as going too hard in the mf paint and three straight selections is overkill.

They have one more pick as it stands right now. Look for a trade back…. or another offensive lineman probably.

C+ draft grade

Cincinatti Bengals

1.1 - Joe Burrow WB --------A
2.33 - Isaiah Wilson OT ——A+
3.65 - Logan Wilson LB——-B
4.107 -
4.121 -
5.147 -
6.181 -
7.216 -

OUT Billy Price

Bengals are up next.

In a very un-Bengals move, they attacked free agency. Bringing in a ton of big names like Mackensie Alexander, his former teammate Trae Waynes, Xavier Su’a-Filo, DJ Reader, Josh Bynes and Vonn Bell among others. They shored up some holes, especially on defense, and are primed to kickstart this rebuild into gear.

This team had eight picks to make it work coming in… keeping an eye on holes at QB, LB, OL, and pass catchers.

They’ve taken the stand pat and select the best possible player approach so far this draft. They’ve done an admirable job too.

Burrow is Burrow. Nothing I write here will be better than something someone has already said. It’s an A pick, and the obvious move for this franchise.

I loved Wilson. I truly think he’s has an excellent chance to be the 4th tackle off the board in this draft. Getting two first round picks here was a great start.

I see the hole at LB and understand why they went that direction with Wilson. I didn’t love the pick, I didn’t hate it either.

The Bengals have quietly had an excellent draft so far. They have five more selections including two 4th rounders to fill some of the remaining holes on their roster.

A grade

All in all, I'd put this division up against any of them in terms of how they drafted. 
Each team did great.
(And Cleveland would be higher if they hadn't traded Delpit)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens

1.28 - Zach Baun OLB  ———B
2.54 - Lloyd Cushenberry OG —A
2.63 - Malik Harrison ILB ——B+
3.76 - Lynn Bowden Jr WR — C
3.85 - Raekwon Davis DE —- A
4.113 -
4.129 - 
7.226 - 

Out: Matt Judon OLB, Ellis NT

In: Sammy Watkins

After a disappointing end to last season, the Ravens should be walking into this draft with their heads high. They have the reigning MVP in a very young Lamar Jackson and weapons all over. Free agency was a definitive win for them with the additions of Wolfe and Campbell. Nine selections is a great start to any draft plan too.

In no particular order, Baltimore needed to look into adding help at ILB, IOL, EDGE, and WR.

They’ve targeted those needs aggressively, moving around the draft board and shopping some good players in the process.
After the Baun selection, the Ravens FO shipped Judos and Ellis for Carolina’s 3rd and 4th round selections.. an admirable haul.
Day two netted the Ravens 4 picks. They got fantastic value on Davis, who looks perfect learning behind Campbell, and Cushenberry who steps in to protect The Franchise.

That WR room got revamped and we’ll see if Harrison can be the next great Ravens ILB

WR: Brown, Watkins, Snead IV, Boykin, Bowden Jr, Moore

With three more selections and two in the 4th round, Baltimore is in really good shape. Look for them to double down on positions they’ve addressed so far, namely EDGE with the loss of Judon, potentially LB, DL, and OL. Ravens have afforded themselves the ability to go BPA from here on out. They’re the class of the AFC North as it stands right now, and look like early Super Bowl Favorites.

A- draft grade

Pittsburgh Steelers

2.59 - Cam Aikers RB — C
3.102 - K’Von Wallace S — A+
4.109 -
4.112 -
4.124 -
6.183 -
7.233 -

Notes:

Steel City had a productive free agency. Trading for DL help with Chris Wormley, resigning Bud Dupree, and signing Derek Watt, Eric Ebron, and Stefan Wisniewski. Despite their cap limitations I’d say that’s a pretty good start.

And given what they started with in terms of draft capital, the Steelers have moved around quite well so far.

Coming in, they needed to keep an eye on WR, S, RB, and the interior of both lines and the linebacker corps.

I won’t lie, I really liked what the Steelers were doing before the trade up for Aikers. But for me, giving up capital to snag a RB not named Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift is a mistake that early. I think they could have stood pat and gotten a quality back, or addressed the position later. I know Conner and the backups aren’t steady.. but there is depth there at the very least. RBs can be had later, even dynamic ones. All in all he is a good fit for them, so its hard to dock Pittsburgh too much there.

The Wallace pick more than makes up for it however. Robin to Simmons Batman in Clemson. A move piece next to an already great one in Minkah, this is insurance in case he goes down as well as just nuts versatility on that backend.

Steelers have five more picks and three 4th rounders so we’ll see if they how they address the remainder of their needs. They have plenty of time and capital.

A side note should be added about QB here. At this point in the draft, the Steelers need to decide if Duck and Rudolph showed enough at backup to warrant skipping the position in the draft. Realistically, if you can’t find a prospect better, there’s no need to bring someone else into the fray.
Keep an eye on Jameis here. I think that would be a sneaky good fit for this squad if Tampa wants to get rid of him…

A- draft grade

Cleveland Browns

1.8- Jedrick Willis OT ———B
3.78 - Netane Muti OG——- C+
3.80 - Jack Driscoll OT——- B-
3.81 - Troy Dye LB ———— C+
3.91 - Antonio Gibson ——- B-
5.157 -

IN: Justin Evans S, Te’von Coney LB, Oak 2021 5th

Cleveland was one of the more active teams in free agency as far as money spent was concerned. Electing to fill holes with the addition of Hooper, Conklin, Keenum, Joseph, Sendejo, Clayborn, and others.

They entered the draft with 7 picks and have maneuvered this thing as much as anyone. 

Their needs coming in are OT and LB and they will keep an eye on pass catchers, S, and DL as well.

To kick things off, the Browns shipped out a mid rounder to insure they got their guy in Willis. They followed it up with getting insane value in S Delpit, though after sleeping on it apparently decided a bevy of third rounders, as well as safety and linebacker depth was a better route.

I didn’t really like the move, but if you think the best value in this draft is the bottom of the third round then this makes some sense.

What made matters worse was turning four selections in thirteen picks into two more offensive linemen, a reach on an admittedly tantalizing prospect in Gibson and a LB with mixed reviews.

Cleveland has attacked this board and without much concern for anyone else opinion. How very Browns-esque. But I won’t pretend to understand what they’re doing here.

There is such a thing as going too hard in the mf paint and three straight selections is overkill.

They have one more pick as it stands right now. Look for a trade back…. or another offensive lineman probably.

C+ draft grade

Cincinatti Bengals

1.1 - Joe Burrow WB --------A
2.33 - Isaiah Wilson OT ——A+
3.65 - Logan Wilson LB——-B
4.107 -
4.121 -
5.147 -
6.181 -
7.216 -

OUT Billy Price

Bengals are up next.

In a very un-Bengals move, they attacked free agency. Bringing in a ton of big names like Mackensie Alexander, his former teammate Trae Waynes, Xavier Su’a-Filo, DJ Reader, Josh Bynes and Vonn Bell among others. They shored up some holes, especially on defense, and are primed to kickstart this rebuild into gear.

This team had eight picks to make it work coming in… keeping an eye on holes at QB, LB, OL, and pass catchers.

They’ve taken the stand pat and select the best possible player approach so far this draft. They’ve done an admirable job too.

Burrow is Burrow. Nothing I write here will be better than something someone has already said. It’s an A pick, and the obvious move for this franchise.

I loved Wilson. I truly think he’s has an excellent chance to be the 4th tackle off the board in this draft. Getting two first round picks here was a great start.

I see the hole at LB and understand why they went that direction with Wilson. I didn’t love the pick, I didn’t hate it either.

The Bengals have quietly had an excellent draft so far. They have five more selections including two 4th rounders to fill some of the remaining holes on their roster.

A grade

All in all, I'd put this division up against any of them in terms of how they drafted. 
Each team did great.
(And Cleveland would be higher if they hadn't traded Delpit)

Just an awesome write up. Kudos. 

NFC South

New Orleans Saints

1.24 - Kenneth Murray LB—— B

3.88 - Adam Trautman TE —— B

4.130 -

5.170 -
6.204 -

NOLA had some moves to make this offseason.. and were very successful accomplishing them for the most part. Booze bellowed over bourbon street as star QB Drew Brees and enigma Taysom Hill returned. Emmanuel Sanders signed as a running mate for Thomas and the secondary was shored up with the addition of Malcolm Jenkins. The Saints always seem to somehow defy expectations when maneuvering cap situation and this year was no exception.

This roster has vets everywhere and with that comes uncertainty for the future. Make no mistake this was a roster primed for a playoff run as it stood before the draft.

To me, NOLA needed to absolutely address CB and LB as well as think to the future on QB, TE, and WR.

Unfortunately, they entered the draft with less selections than anyone else, save Kansas City who they are tied with.

Now, one could assume they were targeting Patrick Queen initially… and some will say they actually made out better off, when Queen went right before their selection.. dropping an oft-higher rated Murray into their laps.
‘But FestiveOnion, you say.. Isn’t LB one of their biggest needs? They addressed it in the first round with the best prospect on the board..’
Tru Dat, Saints fans. And I think a ‘B’ grade is fair.
But with 5 selections, why wasn’t moving down the priority here?
Kansas City did. And they’ve been able to find plus value at nearly every slot.
And I know what they say about defense winning championships, but IF you do stay put. IF you want that first round talent.
WHY not address that QB of the future selection with Love? Payton is clearly comfortable rolling with 3 QBs, especially if Hill is one of them.

The Trautman selection makes sense. Again, I would have liked to see the Saints move down when they have the opportunity to attract more picks. I didn’t think he was the best player on the board, but I know some see him as the best TE in the draft., and he’s certainly top 3 for me. Let’s split the difference. He’s a good fit for them.

I grade this draft out as a B.
The Saints seem content staying at their positions and they have definitely ended up with good prospects each time.
But I would have loved to see them trade down and acquire additional capital.

ILB: Patrick Queen, Alex Anzalone, Kiko Alonso, Craig Robertson

TE: Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Adam Trautman, Garrett Griffen

NOLA has 3 more picks as it stands right now. Look for them to target a CB soon or sign one post draft. Keep an eye on WR, OL, QB, S, and RB as depth positions.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2.35 -Ezra Cleveland OT ——A-
2.37 - Ross Blacklock DT ——B+
4.125 -
4.139 -
5.160 -
5.162 -

5.167 -
6.195 -
6.198 -

Out: Cameron Brate TE

In: Anthony Harris S, Dalvin Cook RB

Tampa grabbed every headline when Blaine Gabbert decided to sign earlier this offseason. He and Tom Brady should provide an excellent 1, 2 punch for Arians Air it Out offense.

Many questioned the fit initially of a Brady led Arians offense. On paper though, you can see the rationale. There aren’t many holes. And old white guys in Boston love moving to Florida sooner or later.

Coming into the draft Tampa had needs at OT, RB, and S
They look to depth and the future at IDL, QB, and perhaps WR.
Brady was aggressive with his signing of Tampa, they needed to be aggressive in return, filling their holes and ensuring a solid roster was provided for the GOAT to do his GOAT things.

And boy were they aggressive.

Tampa kicked it off shipping Brate to those Patriots they will now forever be connected to. Putting their eggs into OJ Howards proverbial basket.. and getting a nice return in the process.

Then they really busted this thing open: Flipping mid round picks to Minnesota for star RB Dalvin Cook and an up and coming safety in Anthony Harris.

Deciding they weren’t done snagging headlines or picks, Tampa shopped their first rounder for 2 top 40 selections who ended up being Ezra Cleveland and Ross Blacklock.

How’s that for addressing your needs?

All in all the Bucs started the draft with 7 picks

If things stay as they are now, Tampa would end with nine picks, two additional pro bowlers and two players earning first round buzz.
That’s obscenely impressive.

This offense looks record braking on paper.

Tom Brady

Dalvin Cook

Ronald Jones II

Mike Evans

Chris Godwin

OJ Howard

Nuts. Nuts. Nuts.

Tampa has to walk away with an A+ so far.
They managed their needs perfectly and still have five picks in the next two rounds.

Look for depth at WR, OL, CB and perhaps EDGE to be addressed.

Atlanta Falcons

1.16- K’Levon Chaisson —— B

2.51 - Josh Dugger ————- B+

3.74 - Cameron Dantzler —— C+
4.119 -
4.143 -
6.188 -
7.229 -

IN: Matt Breida RB

Even after bringing Dante Fowler Jr. into the fray and resigning DT Tyeler Johnson the Falcons entered this draft with needs all over their defense and has stayed true to that side of the ball up until this point.

Chaisson and Dugger are fun pieces to add to that defense. It’s clear the Falcons front has put an emphasis on versatility coming in. These picks are solid if not unspectacular but bring pedigree or an aggressive blue collar attitude to their games. I can see both of these Southern boys resonating with Atlanta’s fans from the get go.
Dantzler loses me. Although another SEC find, and very much productive in his tenure at Miss. St, he tested so poorly at the combine you just have to worry about his NFL ceiling.

The Falcons couldn’t go past round 3 without a pick at the position and that’s the problem with not addressing those glaring needs initially.
Say what you want about him but if Dantzler comes in and falls on his face you’ve ensured you’re wasting a 3rd round pick.
His upside is certainly limited. They’ll know day 1 if he can play or not.

I’d be remiss to not mention star RB Todd Gurley’s homecoming.. and they shored up any questions at the position with an absolutely brilliant move, acquiring Matt Breida from a crowded 49ers backfield.

All in all, the Falcons have four picks left, 2 of them in the next round. They can iron out the holes here or at least try to address depth.

I give them a solid B for their efforts so far.
Look for Atlanta to continue to target defense the rest of the way, with a double dip at CB not out of the question.
IOL and perhaps another WR or TE running-mate for newcomer Hayden Hurst look to be positions that could use depth as well.

Falcons get a solid here. They should be happy with what they've done so far. 

Carolina Panthers

1.4 Isaiah Simmons Def ——B
1.19 - Xavier McKinney S —— D
4.134 -
5.148 -
5.152 - 
7.222 -

OUT 2021 1st, 2nd round picks

IN Joe Dahl OG, Matt Judon OLB,
Justin Ellis NT

Carolina has taken an… aggressive.. approach to rebuilding.

Trading up for Simmons, trading a 2021 1st and 2nd rounder for Xavier McKinney, and then trading the house for Dahl, Judon, and a nose tackle is certainly…

well..

it’s something alright.

Panthers needed all the draft capital they could muster. They’re in full rebuild mode right now, or needed to be. This division looks like a buzz saw and the Panthers simply can’t compete with their current roster.
I know the front office and fans were so close to that trophy so recently… and they really have some pieces to be excited about.
But this team is a year or two away from competing.

This draft may have set them back longer.
You cannot give up a future 1st and 2nd for a safety in this class.

Simmons was a good get. McKinney was too.

Ellis does little to move the needle for that D line. They need more picks there. They also need to address CB with their four remaining picks. Pass catchers need to be added as well.

C- grade.

Overall this is a mixed bag of a division. 
Steady. Unspectacular. 
Except for TB who has to come down from that Brady high at some point here.... right?

• Like 2

NFC North

Vikings:

1.22 - Jeff Gladney CB —————- B-

2.45 - AJ Terrell CB ——————— A-

2.58 - Prince Tega Wanogho OT —- B+

3.69 - Bryan Edwards WR ————- C

3.89 - John Simpson OG ————— B-
3.105 - Terrell Burgess S —————-A-
4.117 -
4.132 -
6.206 -
6.215 -
7.220 -
7.254 -

Out: Dalvin Cook RB, Anthony Harris S, David Morgan TE

In: Chris Jones DT, Tevin Coleman RB

The Vikings have made some nooiiiiiise so far.

They entered the draft with 12 selections, an average QB (heh), a new WR in Tajae Sharpe, and needs at CB, WR, and both lines.

Kicking it off by trading star RB and S, Cook and Harris respectively, the Vikes decided they had enough value to sit on, selecting a top CB in Gladney and shipping out their second 1st rounder for Chris Jones (oof great move).

They follow it up by moving around the board, collecting and trading away picks to get their guys in AJ Terrell, Tega Wonogho, Edwards, Simpson, and Burgess.

This has maybe been the most aggressive team so far, putting a stamp on 6 selections in the first 3 rounds with Chris Jones and Tevin Coleman.

Thanks for making me do all that trade research guys I really appreciate it.

Look for the Vikes to stay aggressive with their final 6 selections. Keep an eye on a developmental QB, and RB and S prospects to replace the guys they lost

A grade and I hate the color purple

Packers:

1.30 - Denzel Mims WR —— C-
2.62 - Lucas Niang OT —— B+
3.94 - Davon Hamilton DL— B+
4.136 -
5.176 -
6.193 -
6.209 -
6.210 -
7.237 -
7.243 -

Pretending you’re unbiased is overrated and I don’t know how to do it anyway. But let’s give it the old college try (#ForkEm) for the back half here.

The Packers hardly made any moves in free agency, besides stealing Wagner, Funchess and Kirksey on pretty friendly contracts.

I’ll start off by saying the grade for Mims was probably too harsh.
I like Mims. I just liked other guys later, when the value made more sense.
I’m going to keep it, for posterity sake, but I do like the WR room afterwards

WR: Adams, Funchess, Lazard, Mims, Valdes-Scantling, St. Brown, Kumerow

I thought the value on Niang was excellent.
I quite liked the spot for Hamilton too, but understand he’s not for everyone.

I’d imagine the Packers handsome and charming GM will lean towards BPA.
They have some needs at LB and DL I would like them to address. As well as perhaps a developmental QB, RB, TE, or IOL depth.
Of course I could just be saying that. 

And with seven more picks and some players to move I bet he tries to trade again.

But this is just guesswork. I can’t read minds. Even handsome, charming ones.

Packers B draft so far.

Bears:

2.43 - KJ Hamler WR —- B-

2.55 - Jordan Love QB — A
4.138 -
5.164 -
6.197 -
6.201 -
7.227 -
7.234 -

Oh Chicago, your windy city with its bizarre food takes and smelly pubs.. and questionable choices on the gridiron.

Quinn was a good get, even if that contract is too long. Graham was too. If you close your eyes. And pretend it didn’t happen.
I liked the Demetrius Harris signing better, personally.

Mingo, Ifedi, Burns I liked and the oh so fun move of bringing Foles in. Muah. Kiss those italian fingers beef sandwich lovers. Cherry on top. Or should I say hot peppers on top. Portillos is amazing….

The Bears entered this draft with needs at OL, CB, S, WR, and possibly Kicker (jk bears fans.. sorta)

Despite limited capital, I liked what the Bears were able to accomplish. They took the most Bears-esque receiver in the draft with the selection of Hamler. I like him on an offense that already features Robinson, Miller, Patterson, Ridley and Wims.

Following it up with a ballsy selection in Love, and you can see how serious the Bears are bout improving their QB room.

They’ll probably take a shot on a TE here cause, Chicago… but they have six more picks to do so. Bravo bears

B+ draft grade

Lions:

1.6 - Jeff Okudah CB ——- A+
1.14 - Javon Kinlaw DT —— A

2.49 - Brandon Aiyuk WR — A-
3.92 - Ben Bredson OG —— B
5.156 -
6.185 -
6.186 -
6.199 -
7.228 -
7.236 -
7.252 -

Out: Joe Dahl OG

In: Taco Charlton DE

This team. This team right here.

Lions are gonna Lion. But they didn’t Lion these last few days… you feel me?

Detroit kicked off free agency by signing all of New Englands players and then resigning all of the ones that used to be on New England.

(They also added Vaitai and Trufant)

They started with 9 selections and have played this draft masterfully to this point.

Kicking it off by stockpiling a hoarde of picks from the Chargers, the Lions took perhaps the 2nd player on their overall board in Okudah. They used some of that harem of picks to jump back into the 1st for Kinlaw and just like that, their most pressing needs are filled.

Follow it up with an Aiyuk steal and some guy named Ben and you’ve got the recipe for maybe the best draft anyone has put together so far.

The Lions have seven more picks to hash this thing out. They have been active and will probably continue to be.
Look for them to address OL more, as well a possible S so their head coach can sleep better at night. Punter, QB and LB will probably be addressed again, or whichever BPA the Lions decide. They’ve earned that right.

A+

NFC North is bludgeoning each other for attention in classic NFC North fashion.
I don't think it's biased to say this group should be leading the others in terms of how they've drafted.
Packers are dragging them down. If I was their GM I'd watch my back. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Chargers

3- Tua Tagovailoa QB

71- Jordyn Brooks LB

The Chargers did what the Dolphins refused to do and went up and got the QB they needed. This was a great move and Tua is perfect for them. He is the best fit for this offense. Pretty much everything else they do is irrelevant if Tua becomes the QB he can be. I would have like to see them grab a OT in the 3rd as there were still some good ones on the board but Brooks is a fine player.

One thing I do think people need to bear in mind when thinking that Chargers need an OT.  Acquiring Tua makes it far less necessary., because Tua is lefthanded.  Does it make more a sacrificial lamb of Tyrod?  Yes.  But Bulaga has been one of the, if not the, best RT's in the league and with Tua in, that makes him Tua's blindside protector, not whichever of Sam Tevi or Trey Pipkins wins the battle in Thunderdome for who starts at the other tackle spot.  If anything, a long-term plan past injury-plagued Mike Pouncey at center (which Dan Feeney really isn't) and some sort of insurance against oft-injured Forrest Lamp at LG is arguably a more pressing need on their line.