FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, festiveonion said:

Kansas City Chiefs: 105th Overall: Shane Lemieux: B+

aaaaaaand they're back. 
I like Lemieux. He needs to wash his hair. He looks like his off time is spent smelling instagram models profile pictures. Or snuggling his hot anime body pillow. 
Lemieux looks the type to wears fingerless gloves. Often. 
What I'm trying to say is he definitely has several fedoras in his closet.... and its 2020 guys. You can't have several fedoras anymore. 
He's good at football tho.....

Shane Lemieux approves

Starting block: West Valley's Shane Lemieux ready for 26th ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, festiveonion said:

Cleveland has attacked this board and without much concern for anyone else opinion. How very Browns-esque. But I won’t pretend to understand what they’re doing here.

I can respect a good long post and write-up so kudos, but you just had to get a "Browns-esque" dig in.

Lol.. this little nugget at the end had me laughing ...

... And what's the "Cleveland has attacked this board without much concern for anyone else's opinion" comment? Someone was attacked or you're saying the "Big Board" was attacked?

Either way... good stuff.. though I think we had a really good draft as Baker needs an effective OLine to operate effectively.

The focus on 3 OLineman was a best player available approach that adds adds versatility, flexibility, depth, and creates a certainty in the talent pool protecting Baker who happens to be a QB that requires a high level of OLine play (he didn't his rookie year though).

LT: Jedrick Wills Jr.

LG: Joel Bitnio // Drew Forbes

OC: JC Tretter

RG: Netane Muti // Jack Driscoll

RT: Jack Conklin // (Jack Driscoll)

Bitonio and Conklin are pro-bowlers. Wills is thought by most to be a pro-bowl talent. JC Tretter is a fringe pro-bowler. Netane Muti and Jack Driscoll are talented Zone Blocking Scheme talent redundancies with Tackle versatility.

Adding a playmaker like Antonio Gibson who can stretch the field and create spacing and RAC from the slot WR position in ways to help take defensive gravity away from Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckam Jr. on the outside.

Gibson's also provides redundancy as a quality RB option who can be a primary receiving back giving Baker a safety blanket and Kevin Stefanski the ability to scheme up quick hitting plays to get into favorable down and distance situations or convert easy first downs much like Alvin Kamara does for Drew Brees and Sean Payton. Kareem Hunt is not a dependable player in terms of availability due to suspension and if he leaves at season's end b/c Andrew Berry doesn't want to commit big dollars to him, Gibson can step in as a receiving quality impact RB to pair with Nick Chubb who was the a few yards short from leading the league in Yards.

Troy Dye has Edge rush versatility from his days as a DE, but the movement skills and instincts to take away slots and TEs in pass defense. Plays through injury and shows toughness. He's not a perfect prospect as he lacks functional strength but given the LBs still on the board (Willie Gay Jr. was the better talent but had more character concerns) Dye was in our estimation a solid to really good pick.

I'd give our overall draft a B+

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Lol.. this little nugget at the end had my laughing ...

I can respect a good long post and write-up so kudos, but you just had to get a "Browns-esque" dig in.

... And what's the "Cleveland has attacked this board without much concern for anyone else's opinion" comment? Someone was attacked or you're saying the "Big Board" was attacked?

Attacked the board meaning you went at drafting not worrying about if anyone else was high or low on someone. You guys identified your guys and went after them. 
Having 2.5 pro bowl OL on the roster already bolsters my point that you didn't need 3 OL in this draft. Certainly not 3 in a row. 

I feel you. Not a bad draft by any means. Just thought you'd go a different direction.

Edited by festiveonion
Not you specifically. Meant 'you' as in the browns.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Attacked the board meaning you went at drafting not worrying about if anyone else was high or low on someone. You guys identified your guys and went after them. 
Having 2.5 pro bowl OL on the roster already bolsters my point that you didn't need 3 OL in this draft. Certainly not 3 in a row. 

I feel you. Not a bad draft by any means. Just thought you'd go a different direction.

Ahh okay... got it.

I can respect it and the different perspective.

Good stuff with all the write-ups.

I can get how one can see it like that.

For us, We had two holes at OL heading into the draft (LT and RG), adding 3 OLineman in the draft to fill those 2 holes plays the odds and builds redundancy at a position group that may have the biggest impact on Baker's success going forward. Ultimately, it can give Baker time to get the ball to OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Austin Hooper, David Njoku, Kareem Hunt, and Antonio Gibson. Nick Chubb benefits in the run game as well with what hopefully creates a complete offense with depth.

Edited by Mind Character

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Ahh okay... got it.

I can respect it and the different perspective.

Good stuff with all the write-ups.

I can get how one can see it like that.

For us, We had two holes at OL heading into the draft (LT and RG), adding 3 OLineman in the draft to fill those 2 holes plays the odds and builds redundancy at a position group that may have the biggest impact on Baker's success going forward. Ultimately, it can give Baker time to get the ball to OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Austin Hooper, David Njoku, Kareem Hunt, and Antonio Gibson. Nick Chubb benefits in the run game as well with what hopefully creates a complete offense with depth.

For sure. It was meant as a tongue in cheek compliment FWIW. I like that you guys go after your guys. Keeps this thing interesting. 

I think Gibson is an awesome player. LIS he's one of my favorites in this draft. He makes sense with that group. It was just a value thing