Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Animal Crossing: New Horizons/Nintendo Switch/eShop Download

Figured I'd create a thread for the game since it seems everyone and their mother is playing. 

Who all is building up their island? Thoughts on the game so far? Current Bunny Day event? 

If we want, I can use this post to add Nintendo IDs or Dodo codes for visiting (though those change daily). 

Edited by titansNvolsR#1
  • Like 1

I downloaded it Tuesday night. I have been playing a bit off and on since. A really fun light game. 

I've got all the fruits except peaches, and for flowers I have roses, tulips, windflowers and hyacinths.

0093-9232-2153 if anyone wants to add me. Just let me know who you are when you do.

Edited by pwny

Wife and I started about 4 or 5 days ago. Fighting the urge to time jump since I really want a shark for the museum. We've got the majority of the possible fish to this point. Just missing char, barreleye, and golden trout. Not sure about the bugs. 

Used about 25 nook tickets to this point between us with 3 islands that were rare. Still missing oranges. When I've finished work, I'll hop on and throw my switch code up. 

Biggest complaints to this point: 
-Can't craft in bulk
-Can't stack clams
-The crafting cutscenes
-Can't craft flimsy tools by clicking on the regular ones (have to craft a flimsy THEN craft a new tool)
-Too many Bunny Day balloons. Gives me anxiety. 
-God damn sea bass

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I'm already over Bunny Day.  I was excited for the month to switch over to April, so I could get some new fish and bugs, and every other thing is these damn eggs.  

Yeah. It's way too much. And there is such a huge discrepancy in what eggs show up. Soooo many sky and water eggs. Stone and tree eggs are fine to resource for. But Nook help you if you need earth or leaf eggs. 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I don’t understand how half of Nintendo’s games look like they’re made for preschoolers but adult fawn over them. 

Who cares what they look like? They're fun as ****. Their games play better than anyone else's. If you can get past the art style most of the games are incredibly fun to play, and that's what I want out of a game. 

This game is incredible, by the way. My wife and I have probably put 30 hours into it already. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 11:46 AM, Lions017 said:

Who cares what they look like? They're fun as ****. Their games play better than anyone else's. If you can get past the art style most of the games are incredibly fun to play, and that's what I want out of a game. 

This game is incredible, by the way. My wife and I have probably put 30 hours into it already. 

Yep. We used the switch just a few hours a week before this game. Now we have to discuss when we plan on playing to make sure we can both get on each day

Edited by Dome

On 4/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, Tyty said:

I don’t understand how half of Nintendo’s games look like they’re made for preschoolers but adult fawn over them. 

Not everything has to have a realistic art style.

I really don’t know why an adult wouldn’t be able to enjoy the art styles of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Splatoon, Animal Crossing or any others. Are we really still hung up on the “cartoons are for babies” kick?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:06 AM, Tyty said:

Nostalgia bating and sunk cost fallacy. 

Also Nintendo makes some genuinely good games, looking at you Cooking Mama the bitcoin miner edition. 

On 4/3/2020 at 2:46 PM, Lions017 said:

It's a great game.

But it's no Stardew. 

Also the basic nintendo stuff is still in and some jank like all their games (Online, menus, quality of life features etc.) 

That said I have 50 hours in it so......damn you Thomas Nookington. 

13 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's a great game.

But it's no Stardew. 

This has been my big question.. I'm already playing Stardew, so what does Animal Crossing give me that Stardew doesn't?

I love this types of games so I have been thinking about getting it, but I feel like it would just be the same experience as Stardew.