Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A target on his back? Like every other civ? Mafia still wouldn't know who Soldier is even if everyone said "hey soldier listen to RMIB's idea" and he stayed quiet (which would imply he still has power). I don't think it's stupid at all, and getting 2 clears is huge no matter how you look at it.

I didn't consider that last part though. I guess move along for now, like Ragnorak said there is no need to rush revealing Soldier and it could be more helpful for him to sit back and watch interactions people have w/ a known civ (soldier). However still I think 2 clears would be more valuable, but obviously not if it breaks a rule. I guess in my head mass claiming = everybody claiming at once but you're right I remember Danger's warning now.

@Woz @Ragnarok @MathMan Thoughts on Dome? Mcmurray?

I think they both may be sneaky mafia.

Especially you and james bc you have most ow knowedlge

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hm...I actually have no thoughts on mcmurray yet.  I can't think of anything he has done that stands out.  Is there a way to search for just one person's posts in a thread?

Scroll up. Click the magnifying glass under footballfuture. It says search this topic. You can search his posts.

James is super helpful, logical, protown, and white knight

Thats what worries me.

But he shouldnt stop doing that

33 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I think they both may be sneaky mafia.

Especially you and james bc you have most ow knowedlge

That is precisely why I fear mcmurray, and expect he fears me. OW knowledge is a huge advantage in this game, if he is mafia then that is bad news as he probably been able to get a good idea of everyone's abilities like I have. 

"Expect he fears me" <-- now this is why I found it interesting how much he was agreeing with me the other day, and not implicating me at all of anything. My theory was that he wanted to look as aligned with me as possible so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was their N1 hit. That didn't happen, they hit ET80. Did they have a hit on me that was blocked or did they not consider my OW knowledge as problematic? Most likely, neither, and he is not mafia, but I believe the odds are high enough (~35%) to warrant concern. 

I just wanted to know if others were suspicious of him, but as for N2, I am riding the doom bandwagon.

What has Cwood done to warrant suspicion? 

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Some thoughts:

• Danger as the moderator posted 31 times across the 73 pages that were part of N1. People below that threshold are either not involved or trying to hide.
  • HokieHigh was supposed to be our primary replacement player. He posted just 4 times. There are four posters who have near that lack of involvement: Tk3 (gets a pass due to late join), RMIB (I'd hang onto for now due to his OW knowledge), MookieMonster, and TLO.
    • Both voted, so they're alive but they contributed nothing to the investigation. The fact that they both voted for me is not the reason I'm pointing them out. A 4:1 and 2:1 message:vote ratio is highly suspicious.
    • Cwood is also in this category (13:3 or 4.33:1).
    • By comparison, your ratio is 210:14 or 15:1. To be fair to them, however, a good number of your posts were vote tallies, but even if I carve off 10%, your ratio is still reasonable (13.5:1).
  • As I mentioned earlier, mission was active on Monday and Tuesday (38 posts through the first 23 pages, third behind only you and I in terms of early activity). He then went radio silence for 50 pages. Had he not voted on page 13, he would be at risk of being knocked out.

bringing analytics to mafia

DKQZDDbU8AAAyoo.jpg

Woz, you are one of those guys that trust the Pythagorean Theorem and probably only know the naked body through National Geographic, am I right?

Take that with your pythagorean theorem! The Joe Pisarcik Theorem, you're dead!

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

"Expect he fears me" <-- now this is why I found it interesting how much he was agreeing with me the other day, and not implicating me at all of anything. My theory was that he wanted to look as aligned with me as possible so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was their N1 hit. That didn't happen, they hit ET80. Did they have a hit on me that was blocked or did they not consider my OW knowledge as problematic? Most likely, neither, and he is not mafia, but I believe the odds are high enough (~35%) to warrant concern.

"Fear" might be a little strong, but yeah, if you're mafia that does make the game a bit harder. And if we're both civ the mafia could play the long-con of keeping us both alive to pit us against each other later on in the game.

The ET hit is weird, not sure what to make of it. Maybe they just went after someone they low-key suspected of having a good role rather than risk being blocked. Or maybe they didn't have a hit that would work on genji/hanzo.

5 hours ago, mission27 said:

Danger has been unusually active for a host tbh.  I would say 31 posts is a lot and not necessarily a fair threshold. 

I want to have fun too. :c

I've been making sure that none of my posts effect the outcome of the game though.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

kingseanjohn has been pretty spotty in terms of activity, doing enough to skate by.

I appreciate that you care enough about my activity levels. But I've been flying hurricane relief missions. I'm in San Juan now waiting to refuel then flying back to Georgia and going to bed. So I hope to wake up around night time. 

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

I dont believe you. I think you were going to pick rag and jlash no matter what their content was.

@Ragnarok @Jlash

Have you played mafia with beezee yet?

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

JLash is the only person I've played with.  As I've said, we used to play on our old forum.  

What Rags said. This is my first game on FF and first mafia game in probably 3-4 years. Beez just has it out for us.

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

bringing analytics to mafia

DKQZDDbU8AAAyoo.jpg

Woz, you are one of those guys that trust the Pythagorean Theorem and probably only know the naked body through National Geographic, am I right?

Take that with your pythagorean theorem! The Joe Pisarcik Theorem, you're dead!

Actually it is a neat tool. @Woz do you have any stats for how people reacted once they were voted?

Archived