Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lynching math N1 is actually not a bad move, because there is almost certainly a role that can revive in this game (Mercy is an OW character whose signature ability is ressurect). Lynch Math, if he's mafia that's probably the game right there for us. If he's not, then we get a cleared math starting D3. Risk is if he's town and Mercy gets killed before she can rez him N2, or if she can't even ressurect and I'm wrong about her ability.

I like this idea. Though maybe it would be better to go for someone like bucs (malf suggested) or maybe matts?

23 hours ago, Woz said:

Voting history so far

COMPETITOR          ACTIVE VOTE         PREVIOUS VOTES
bucsfan333          beezee              Woz
CWood21             Jfinley88
james.mcmurry13     domepatrol91
jfinley88           MathMan
kingseanjohn        11sanchez11
LionsFTW            domepatrol91        11sanchez11, MathMan*, Woz
MathMan             utley4568           RandyMossIsBoss, beezee, Woz
mission27           Ragnarok
Ragnarok            MathMan
theuntouchable      Jfinley88
Woz                 EliteTexan80#

ACTIVE TALLY
domepatrol91        2
Jfinley88           2
MathMan             2
11sanchez11         1
beezee              1
EliteTexan80        1
Ragnarok            1
utley4568           1

* assumes bolded "Malf" on page 17 is pointing the finger
# assuming my bolded tag on page 6 counts (Danger saw it and said I cannot do it anymore (boo!))

My incredibly way too early foursome:

• EliteTexan80 -> for someone who is normally as boisterous as he is, he's been a shadow
  • kingseanjohn -> way back on page 5 was "Let's go!" before the game began; afterward, has been very terse with pro forma responses
  • RandyMossIsBoss -> a one word GIF of "In" and then nothing. I'd almost vote out to treat as an inactive
  • domepatrol91 -> this one is the weakest in my mind, but something just feels off here

Good luck keepiing up with this with MAlf. He changes his vet like every 14 seconds. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Good luck keepiing up with this with MAlf. He changes his vet like every 14 seconds. 

I'm quite aware. By my count he's voted 9 times already (a couple of repeats).

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
On 9/25/2017 at 11:07 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

From a meta perspective I wouldn't be against an early dome lynch. His 3rd consecutive game, 4th ever. Last two he was civ and (rightfully so) got by on a newbie pass for the entire game. At this point any competent mafia player would tell him to keep that act up, so maybe we should eliminate that issue early?

Id be against that as he actually tries. Im for the activity.

Yeah, I get that. I just think he could be hard to pin later on if he's mafia but can keep up his same charade.

4 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Lynching math N1 is actually not a bad move, because there is almost certainly a role that can revive in this game (Mercy is an OW character whose signature ability is ressurect). Lynch Math, if he's mafia that's probably the game right there for us. If he's not, then we get a cleared math starting D3. Risk is if he's town and Mercy gets killed before she can rez him N2, or if she can't even ressurect and I'm wrong about her ability

Thinking more about this, plus the "objective in order to get 1 random living team member an additional ULTIMATE ability", if the game's been in the works for a while, Mercy might not get her rez unless she earns her ultimate. Her primary ability might be a protection (her dash in-game is called "guardian angel")

On 9/25/2017 at 10:36 PM, Woz said:

Further than quite a few. I am at a disadvantage as most of you have apparently played against each other recently and might have more social interactions/clues to behavior that I'm missing. Also, since I'm the "new guy" and being a bit combative, I could be seen as an easy target to lynch. At the same time, I have no choice on that front because of my lack of situational awareness.

Me telling you this might cause you to think this is a mafia thing to do, beg "I don't know anyone" to get away with being odd. Of course, me saying that cause you to think I'm mafia. I'm not but there's nothing I can say at this point to counter that, beyond that I'm trying to get more people involved in order to see if we can shake something loose.

The most WIFOM post I have seen in years.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I have to be up in 7 hours so I'm off to bed. I'll check in tomorrow when I have time.

Mafia tend to get worried about appearances. He wasnt even really posting at this time.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:40 PM, Danger said:

>MathMan

Literal.

Ok I'm done here. Good night friends.

Honestly, some of these host interactions could affect the game. I can tell you that I read something into them, personally. 

12 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There are actually a fair amount of people trying. Lots of game talk mixed in with some of the usual day one stuff..

It wasnt as good as you made it out to be. But ive made it to page 30. Not sure if I am going to stop now or keep going. 

Archived