Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

10 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Idk how I feel about paying 40m for a CB who's 29 with injury history, but its what Jose wants

Well he's a top-3 CB in the PL when healthy, so when he's playing he'll be a clear upgrade on what you got. I just don't understand how many cB's Jose can buy without investing in fullbacks. Ridiculous.

13 hours ago, kempus said:

We want to get rid of him, thats the point. Hes burned lots of bridges at Spurs, Poch doesnt want him here. He can leave for 25 million next summer, we're just trying to extract as much as we can for him now. Alderweireld also missed more than half the season last year, we dont really need to replace him.

I understand wanting to see him gone, but wanting to sell him to a direct rival without re-investing the money into the rest of the squad seems like poor management. I'd rather take the 15M hit in value, sell him next summer while keeping top-4 this season.

27 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I understand wanting to see him gone, but wanting to sell him to a direct rival without re-investing the money into the rest of the squad seems like poor management. I'd rather take the 15M hit in value, sell him next summer while keeping top-4 this season.

Whos saying the money wouldnt be reinvested? Poch doesnt want him, its not really about taking a 15 million hit. He has large wages, takes up a squad slot and isnt wanted. Theres apparently no other interest for him, so theres not much choice as to who hes sold to. Hes a bench player at this point anyway.

5 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t get why Barca wants to get rid of Mina so bad, especially after the World Cup he had. They finally have some good CB and they want to get rid of Mina after half a season? 

Spain has a squad rule that limits La Liga teams to 3 "foreign" players each - Barcelona are well over that limit.  Coutinho (unless he gets Portuguese citizenship through his wife by the end of the month), Arthur, Malcom, Vidal, Mina and Marlon are all "foreign", so they need to find a way to offload 2 or 3 of them and/or find ways to get any of the EU citizenship

(I say "foreign" because the list of countries that are not treated as such for these purposes is quite long and includes all EU countries, a bunch of other European countries, all African countries that are part of the Cotonou Agreement and most Caribbean countries off the top of my head)