2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Guys we likely will target:

CB Trevon Diggs

CB Kristian Fulton

CB Jaylon Johnson (most likely to fall to 2.46 out of 3 IMO)

S Antoine Winfield

S Kyle Duggar

S Xavier McKinney (most likely to fall IMO with Duggar)

T Ezra Cleveland

T Josh Jones 

DL Justin Madubuike

Not nearly as high on Gross-Matos as others, and I don't expect EDGE Espenensa, RB's Swift & Taylor to last much longer.  

I wouldn’t count Ashtyn Davis out of that group.  He’s a hell of a player.  Davis, like Helaire, is one of my favorite players in the draft.

For me Cleveland or Fulton would be the dream scenario now. But a lot of other good players worth the value on the board. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Guys we likely will target:

CB Trevon Diggs

CB Kristian Fulton

CB Jaylon Johnson (most likely to fall to 2.46 out of 3 IMO)

S Antoine Winfield

S Kyle Duggar

S Xavier McKinney (most likely to fall IMO with Duggar)

T Ezra Cleveland

T Josh Jones 

DL Justin Madubuike

Not nearly as high on Gross-Matos as others, and I don't expect EDGE Espenensa, RB's Swift & Taylor to last much longer.  

Add Jeremy Chinn to that list. They will be feeling good about themselves tomorrow, they may feel more inclined to make some bets on guys. Feel good story, insane athlete with the potential to fill a critical role in the future.

I would wait on a corner if the team’s #1 safety is on the board at 46. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I wouldn’t count Ashtyn Davis out of that group.  He’s a hell of a player.  Davis, like Helaire, is one of my favorite players in the draft.

For me Cleveland or Fulton would be the dream scenario now. But a lot of other good players worth the value on the board. 

I have him more in the 60-80 range, so the way ppl are going need-heavy and some teams going wacky, I had him as a Rd3 target,

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Add Jeremy Chinn to that list. They will be feeling good about themselves tomorrow, they may feel more inclined to make some bets on guys. Feel good story, insane athlete with the potential to fill a critical role in the future.

I would wait on a corner of the team’s #1 safety is on the board at 46. 

Kinda agree on waiting for the CB - the exception are those 3.   

Chinn I think falls to Rd3.    

Cleveland at T / Fulton (seems like a pipe dream) or Johnson would be an amazing mix of need / overall ceiling & BPA that would require some repeat of tonight's "interesting" decisions....

No arguments with the points made on either player, but forecasting the board is part of the value mining.   For example, my love of Lynn Bowden is not something grown men should speak of publicly, and same for DPJ later on - but no way I hit that until Rd3+.   Trying to forecast the value range, although this year is likely going to be subject to wider variation once we get out of the top 50-60.

Edited by Broncofan

9 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Where you’d hear that? I’ve been looking around trying to figure out who they wanted to move up for. 

Popping up all over Twitter, also heard the DNVR guys talking about it. It makes sense. Vic looked pretty disappointed tonight lol. I think he saw his guy at ILB much like he did with Roquan in Chicago. Elway mentioned that there was another position they were comfortable taking a player at if they stayed at 15, but it wasn’t Kinlaw they were in on. Klis was talking about linebackers all day before the draft started. Teams didn’t want to move all the way down to 46 so they couldn’t get into the 20s. It sounds like they loved Patrick Queen and Vic pounded the table for him to some degree.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Popping up all over Twitter, also heard the DNVR guys talking about it. It makes sense. Vic looked pretty disappointed tonight lol. I think he saw his guy at ILB much like he did with Roquan in Chicago. Elway mentioned that there was another position they were comfortable taking a player at if they stayed at 15, but it wasn’t Kinlaw they were in on. Klis was talking about linebackers all day before the draft started. Teams didn’t want to move all the way down to 46 so they couldn’t get into the 20s. It sounds like they loved Patrick Queen and Vic pounded the table for him to some degree.

I can see that. 10000%. I didn’t see it on Twitter but it makes sense. Klis was all over the Murray story today.

Really stoked about  Jeaudy, dude is gonna be our AB (without the headcase). Now if we land my guy Jaylon Johnson tomorrow I'll be over the moon.

And as someone who has watched Jordan Love in person a few times I really laughed that he was taken in the first round. He has Paxton Lynch written all over him. 

• Like 1

Man I’ve woken up so friggin stokes that we got Jeudy. What a pick. Not having to trade up was just the icing on the cake.

Feels like we’ve got a good thing going on offense now. I really expect Denver to be a big player in the AFC wildcard race this year, especially with the 7th playoff team now. 

If we do show a big improvement next year, we’d have two more years with Lock under contract cheaply, so it’d be time to go all in, much like Elway went all in during the Peyton Manning era. 

Given we had to trade nothing to get Jeudy, I'm pretty excited for what today might bring. A lot of good options in the secondary that could be available with our next pick. I did hear Elway say that we have no more R1 graded players (who knows if that's true).

I would be interested to see if Denver jumps at a guy like Epenesa if he's there. Klis mentioned him a few times in the past.

Interesting tidbit at the end of the draft last night. The comment was something about 6-7 RBs going in Round 2/early Round 3 today. If so, that would be huge for Denver. I'm expecting Swift/Dobbins to go ahead of us, and the more the merrier if it means pushing some other guys down the board. 

Just looking at the best available list...Elway needs to go after a tried and true player that can contribute early. No need to get cute with projection yet.

Would love Johnson in the 2nd, but for some reason I have a strong hunch we see a run on the remaining CB’s and OT’s.  My gut tells me we end up with Cushenberry in the 2nd, then Bryce Hall and one of the deeper developmental OT’s in the 3rd (Prince?).

Would have loved Queen.  Our defense needs an Alpha at ILB as the last missing piece (once we address CB lol)