2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Damn the Denver media is all over Laviska Shenault. The fact he went to CU aside, I really don't like the idea of taking him. He's an injury risk and we already spent a premium pick on a WR, the remaining draft capital is better used elsewhere. I'm sure Matt "pour me another drink" Russell will be pounding the table for Shenault but I hope Elway looks elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Damn the Denver media is all over Laviska Shenault. The fact he went to CU aside, I really don't like the idea of taking him. He's an injury risk and we already spent a premium pick on a WR, the remaining draft capital is better used elsewhere. I'm sure Matt "pour me another drink" Russell will be pounding the table for Shenault but I hope Elway looks elsewhere. 

DEN would be nuts to consider Shenault at 2.46.   3.77, not at all crazy given his talent.   But no way in Rd2.  Way too much injury risk.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The way I see it:

Round 1: Immediate starters

Round 2: Immediate contributors, should start by year 2

Round 3: Future starters, but may need a year to sit and learn

Rounds 4-5: Career backups

Rounds 6-7: Borderline roster players

I don't really mind throwing away late round picks and just signing an extra UDFA instead.

The above also why drafting based on immediate need rarely works well - since almost every position is one future need (except QB once you have your guy).

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

DEN would be nuts to consider Shenault at 2.46.   3.77, not at all crazy given his talent.   But no way in Rd2.  Way too much injury risk.

To be fair, the stuff I have been reading and hearing the last couple hours has been in the third, not the second. 

Seriously I have nothing against the kid and the raw talent is undeniable but we need to get a IOL, ILB and CB today. All of whom need to be able to contribute from the get-go, if not start outright and not be liabilities. 

Just now, champ11 said:

Laviska Shenault, all bias completely not aside, would be the best possible pick for us. Getting him at 46 is a steal if we’re being honest 

I don’t know how confident you can be in medicals this year, but if you’re confident they’re clean, you do cartwheels in your basement at 2.46. 

39 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Can he line up at IOL or ILB?