2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do you guys like the pick?

Not great value with the defensive players on the board but i get double dipping in this class. Outside of Sutton our WRs were a bunch of stiffs. Now we have one of the most athletic receiving corps in the league. Four potential matchup nightmares.

Edited by BroncoBruin

I understand people arent too happy with with the pick but this dude has hollywood brown written all over him. Fabricate touches for him and his ability to stretch the field which Pat Schurmer needs in his offense I love the pick. Bryce Callahan comes back next year we have 3 picks in the 3rd round. 

Didn’t expect it, and maybe not the best pick from a BPA perspective, but man, as a fan who has been TOTALLY starved of any meaningful offense for the past 5 years, I’m EXCITED!  Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Hamler, Lindsey, Gordon!  It is going to FUN to watch this game.  Chiefs/Broncos games may be first to 50 pets win lol

Double-dipping this draft class was absolutely the right idea.  But not in Rd1-2.  The depth of WR meant you could get a top 50 talent at 3.77.   SMH this really was a major lost opportunity.

And to be clear, I'd have rather had Mims now (but would have passed at 2.46) or DPJ/Bowden at 83/95 before this.   Hate the small size, drops (that aren't concentration).  This was a forced pick to get a burner....when there much better 3rd WR's who could have been there 3.77, 83 or 95.   SMH.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Hamler is a top 50 player in this draft.  It wasn’t a reach, it just didn’t address a need.  There is still 77 or a trade up to target a bigger need.  Crazily none of the guys we’ve been talking about have come off the board.  Some will, but maybe Elway and Co did an exceptional job predicting this draft.

I really have a hard time thinking this is a bad pick. It may have been bad value, but this kid is a speed freak in a league where the two fastest teams just met in the SB. 

Vic believes he can coach up defensive guys, our OL wizard believes he can coach up OL guys, but you can’t coach up 4.25 speed and that’s the most valuable thing in the league right now after an elite QB

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Hamler is a top 50 player in this draft.  It wasn’t a reach, it just didn’t address a need.  There is still 77 or a trade up to target a bigger need.  Crazily none of the guys we’ve been talking about have come off the board.  Some will, but maybe Elway and Co did an exceptional job predicting this draft.

It still addressed a need imo. We had 2 NFL wide receivers and one was a rookie. We need to be able to score points  

• Like 1