Everything Trades

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He was on pace for 900 yards and seven TDs just the year before.

Yep, and injuries cost him before we could find out if it was sustainable, so I'm not just going extrapolate that. Masking good production is easy through small sample extrapolation and rate stats. I have a very small sample where he may have been good, but I really don't know if that was going to be him and it was sustainable,  bracketed by two years where he wasn't all that good...including last year being a complete and total disaster. For most of his career, he hasn't been good, and for me, that means he's not good. Doesn't mean I think he lacks the potential to be good, but he hasn't shown anything more than "flashes" at this point for me so I wouldn't be paying for him as a "good player". IF that means that he's not traded to the 49ers, I'm okay with that. 

Given that he's on the last year of his deal, I don't see how his value is more than a 4/5 at this point. 

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, and injuries cost him before we could find out if it was sustainable, so I'm not just going extrapolate that. Masking good production is easy through small sample extrapolation and rate stats. I have a very small sample where he may have been good, but I really don't know if that was going to be him and it was sustainable,  bracketed by two years where he wasn't all that good...including last year being a complete and total disaster. For most of his career, he hasn't been good, and for me, that means he's not good. Doesn't mean I think he lacks the potential to be good, but he hasn't shown anything more than "flashes" at this point for me so I wouldn't be paying for him as a "good player". IF that means that he's not traded to the 49ers, I'm okay with that. 

Given that he's on the last year of his deal, I don't see how his value is more than a 4/5 at this point. 

Over on the Packers board, I said I'd give up 62 for him since it's basically 2 years with his option. I think he's an absolutely ideal fit for MLF's system and it sure as hell beats overdrafting Cole Kmet.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Over on the Packers board, I said I'd give up 62 for him since it's basically 2 years with his option. I think he's an absolutely ideal fit for MLF's system and it sure as hell beats overdrafting Cole Kmet.

I'd take a chance on kmet there before I would Howard. We had the discussion on the niners board as well and the few that chimed in all preferred the second / third round rookie right end. Though that had more to do with the contract than anything.  Honestly, most niner fans preferred brate to Howard in the conversation it felt like. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'd take a chance on kmet there before I would Howard. We had the discussion on the niners board as well and the few that chimed in all preferred the second / third round rookie right end. Honestly, most niner fans preferred brate to Howard in the conversation it felt like. 

No thanks. Kmet is woefully average and this class is just pitiful. I'd much, much rather just give the keys to Jace Sternberger than draft Kmet. Howard also just needs to GTFO of Tampa. Arians isn't doing him any favors either. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No thanks. Kmet is woefully average and this class is just pitiful. I'd much, much rather just give the keys to Jace Sternberger than draft Kmet. Howard also just needs to GTFO of Tampa. Arians isn't doing him any favors either. 

It's about the contract. We have no money, so makes more sense for the niners in that regard. 

Arians definitely has never treated any te well. That's for sure. But you just don't see under performing players on the last year of their rookie contact get traded for picks in the top two rounds.

If the Titans put Corey Davis on the market, is someone really going to give up a second round pick for him? I personally don't think so. It's really not just me knocking Howard, though I think he has been underwhelming and has yet to prove he's good at all. I just don't see that as a likely market for those type of players. I also said in the other thread that I think Malik hookers market would be similar (maybe a tad bit better, but I imagine a third would be the top of his). Maybe it's a little better, and it's a combo of picks? I could see something like that. Like a 4 plus future 5 or something. But I don't see a second unless it's like Howard + early 4 for someone's late 2. 

If they do manage to just straight up get a second though? Well done Jason Licht, that's impressive

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

But I don't see a second unless it's like Howard + early 4 for someone's late 2

I'd be ALL over that tbh. Yes, Howard's been underwhelming but I think he'd thrive in MLF's system and it makes a ton of sense on our end to go after him. Just don't see the appeal in over-drafting a TE in a piss poor class. 

62 and, say, Lane Taylor (could plug in as their RG) for Howard and 117.

• Like 1

The Bears forum has discussed OJ Howard a bit lately.  Some ideas have been  mid-late round picks, but others have mentioned Tarik Cohen for Howard.  Cohen certainly has talent that Arians may want to work with as a gadget type player, though he was pretty ineffective last season. Think they would be interested in something like that?

7 hours ago, Forge said:

It's about the contract. We have no money, so makes more sense for the niners in that regard. 

Arians definitely has never treated any te well. That's for sure. But you just don't see under performing players on the last year of their rookie contact get traded for picks in the top two rounds.

If the Titans put Corey Davis on the market, is someone really going to give up a second round pick for him? I personally don't think so. It's really not just me knocking Howard, though I think he has been underwhelming and has yet to prove he's good at all. I just don't see that as a likely market for those type of players. 2. 

OJ Howard has done as much in this league as Hunter Henry and he just got franchise tagged this offseason.   I think the biggest overlooked aspect of Howard and Henry are their blocking abilities in addition to the receiving ability.   If OJ Howard was still playing for Dirk Koetter this past season I don't think this discussion is happening.