2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Shenault is dynamic. Get him the ball and let him work. Very similar in play style to Deebo Samuel. 

Deebo is a good comp.   He might be more explosive than Deebo but isn't the route runner Deebo is,  and he has the injury concerns

I don’t get the Pittman hate. I’d be happy if he actually falls to us today. But I think he’ll be gone. Word is pro scouts have him rated way above guys like Higgins and Mims. 

What’s not to like about a 6’4” 220 lb wr who runs a 4.5 and produced. 101 catches last year, 20 career tds. Makes contested catches and ran a decent route tree. Red zone threat ( we have none). 

Don’t let west coast or USC bias skew you on this dude. Lots to like. People slept on Robert Woods and Ju-Ju. We’d all take those two guys in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Gimmicky style, sure, I don't see him as someone who can't generate space on his own though - That's more of a Bowden criticism IMO. Similar to Aiyuk, he has all the tools you look for to be a more complete route runner. 

Splitting hairs. He’s one of the 3 I’d be happy with in Round 2 today. So I like him. So not going to knock his game much.

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I don’t get the Pittman hate. I’d be happy if he actually falls to us today. But I think he’ll be gone. Word is pro scouts have him rated way above guys like Higgins and Mims. 

What’s not to like about a 6’4” 220 lb wr who runs a 4.5 and produced. 101 catches last year, 20 career tds. Makes contested catches and ran a decent route tree. Red zone threat ( we have none). 

Don’t let west coast or USC bias skew you on this dude. Lots to like. People slept on Robert Woods and Ju-Ju. We’d all take those two guys in a heartbeat. 

But there are guys who can do that plus beat you deep and beat you after the catch.  I'd rather Claypool if we're just going after an outside/RZ target.

My targets in Round 2 (in no order):

EDGE

Yetur Gross Matos

AJ Epenesa

Julian Okwara

Terrell Lewis

Darrell Taylor

WR

Michael Pittman

Tee Higgins

Laviska Shenault

Bryan Edwards

Denzel Mims

CB

Trevon Diggs

Jaylon Johnson

Kristian Fulton

OL

Josh Jones

Lloyd Cushenberry

Ezra Cleveland

Guys I’m interested in today in no order:

Matt Hennessy

Lloyd Crushenberry

Josh Jones

Ezra Cleveland

YGM

Julian Okawara

Zach Baun 

Michael Pittman

Denzel Mims 

Bryan Edwards

Lynn Bowden

Antonio Gibson

Zach Moss

Cam Akers 

Jaylon Johnson

Cam Danzler

Amik Robinson

Alex Highsmith

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

But there are guys who can do that plus beat you deep and beat you after the catch.  I'd rather Claypool if we're just going after an outside/RZ target.

Yeah, and those guys are gone. That’s the choice JD made and guys on here were fine with that wanted an OT. 

I want us to have guys that can do all those things too, but now we need to double dip to get that production. After the first 5 or so receivers, there is a drop off in all around skill set. Still a lot of guys that do some things really well and can produce.  But not sure that potential #1 is out there. 
And people also doubted Woods and Shusters big play ability coming out of USC. Seen plenty of big plays from those guys. 

15 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

My targets in Round 2 (in no order):

EDGE

Yetur Gross Matos

AJ Epenesa

Julian Okwara

Terrell Lewis

Darrell Taylor

WR

Michael Pittman

Tee Higgins

Laviska Shenault

Bryan Edwards

Denzel Mims

CB

Trevon Diggs

Jaylon Johnson

Kristian Fulton

OL

Josh Jones

Lloyd Cushenberry

Ezra Cleveland

Legit love every single player on this list. Boys we need to be looking at Devin Duvernay. The guy is going to be special. Could get him in the 4th or even 5th. 

37 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

1.11: Mechi Becton, OT

2.48: Chase Claypool, WR (Ideally Denzel Mims, WR)

3.68: Matt Hennessy, C

3.79: Tyler Johnson, WR

Trade 4.120 & 5.158 to move up

4.XXX: Lynn Bowden Jr, ATH

6.191: IDK

6.211: IDK

Great  day 2

• Like 1