37 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Josh Jones
    • Kevin King
    • Ty Montgomery

50 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

yeah, I started following football in 2003 and CHI has sucked pretty solid since then. I'd much rather see them succeed than MIN or DET

Only time I remember really hating the Bears was when they had just traded for Cutler and were convinced he was going to be much better for them than Rodgers would be for us. Even then it was more just annoyed of them constantly giving that take for an entire offseason. I'm more skewed to dislike the Lions though since I've lived in Michigan most of my life and have had to put up with a lot of "Detroit vs everybody" mentality in a lot of their fans.

Anyone else expecting a pretty tough game? Bears defense seems pretty legit this year and they seem to have that running game going. That coupled with all the injuries on our o-line makes me think it could be a close one.

We are at Home and I think Rodgers will adjust to his line accordingly getting that ball out even quicker. I think we win this by less than a TD.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's a risk vs. reward thing.  Can we get away with a Pankey/McCray duo at tackle against the Bears?  Maybe.  Can we afford to risk losing Bakh to an extended period?  Probably not.

I've gone back and forth with this as well. We def cannot put them in situations where they can be gone for an extended period of time, and with the mini-bye it is enticing to maybe sit them out; but can we win without them? And what about Rodgers? He's taken some shots this year already.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

Seriously?? Jesus.

How have they been in pass-pro?

Well, the guys that are playing Tackle now aren't even Tackles but slow footed backup Guards. You can imagine how they are doing in pass pro playing outside. It's been rough.

I honestly don't even know who the hell is playing LT in this game. Last week it was Murphy who got worked so badly by Carl Lawson that he injured his foot and was placed on IR the other day. The educated guess here is that Adam Pankey and Justin McCray will be the starting Tackles, with I assume Pankey playing LT and McCray RT. That is a very gross scenario

2 hours ago, jontat83 said:

Anyone else expecting a pretty tough game? Bears defense seems pretty legit this year and they seem to have that running game going. That coupled with all the injuries on our o-line makes me think it could be a close one.

We are at Home and I think Rodgers will adjust to his line accordingly getting that ball out even quicker. I think we win this by less than a TD.

Until the starting Tackles return, this offense is gonna struggle, so yes, I think this will be a tough game. Chicago's front 7 should have its way with this OL. Really hoping both Daniels and Perry can go because if not, Chicago's OL will have its way with GB's front 7.  Losing the LOS battle on both ends is not a good recipe for success. At least Cobb will be back because they're gonna need to dink and dunk and get the ball out quickly

11 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Wow, I got invited to this thread? Pretty much the nicest thing a Packers fan has ever done for me.

Bottom line, the Bears don't stand a chance if they can't pressure Rodgers, and for that to happen, Leonard Floyd has to have a monster game. His speed gave Rodgers fits at times last season, and he's the only Bears front-seven defender who can scream off the edge.

Bears corners are playing well enough to disrupt receiver route timing, and the offense is running the ball well enough to limit turnovers and control time of possession. None of that matters if the pass rush isn't getting home.

With our situation at tackle you will be able to pressure Rodgers all night long.  :(

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Guess I'm an older fan bcuz having lived thru their ownage of us in the 80's, I will forever hate them.  They may be 1b to Minnesota's 1a right now as far as hated rivals [or 1c for anyone who even considers Detroit a rival (lol no)], but all time, they're number 1 by a mile.

I remember the 80s as well and the Bears loved to humiliate us on national TV.  It was hard to stomach for sure.

2 hours ago, jontat83 said:

I am.  I don't know if we'll win or not I just pray Rodgers doesn't get killed...

27 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Until the starting Tackles return, this offense is gonna struggle, so yes, I think this will be a tough game. Chicago's front 7 should have its way with this OL. Really hoping both Daniels and Perry can go because if not, Chicago's OL will have its way with GB's front 7.  Losing the LOS battle on both ends is not a good recipe for success. At least Cobb will be back because they're gonna need to dink and dunk and get the ball out quickly

I think he has to play more in structure this game, get the ball out quick and take what's there. If there isn't anything there then throw it away. Having him run around and trying to extend could get him killed.

2 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

I think he has to play more in structure this game, get the ball out quick and take what's there. If there isn't anything there then throw it away. Having him run around and trying to extend could get him killed.

Agreed, I just don't think its in his DNA to do that. If anything I see them doing short passes and then using a lot of designed runs out of the pocket for big plays down field. The problem with that though is it cuts off half the field and makes it a hell of a lot easier to defend. Cobb being back is huge this game. 

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I've gone back and forth with this as well. We def cannot put them in situations where they can be gone for an extended period of time, and with the mini-bye it is enticing to maybe sit them out; but can we win without them? And what about Rodgers? He's taken some shots this year already.

Rodgers and McCarthy need to move the pocket and run a quick game ... no holding the football all day long.  Those tackles aren't going to be able to hold up if Rodgers is going to hold the ball in hopes of someone coming open deep.  We can dink and dunk our way to victory in this one.  On defense .. gear up to stuff the run and make Glennon and their crappy receivers beat us.  It will be interesting early on to see if Nitro can stuff the Bears run game .. if it can't we may need to adjust.

Archived