Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, jmckinney559 said:

He is more than just speed... I was talking more about value. Ruggs at #12 was similar to DHB at #7... we could have drafted Ruggs at #19 easily.  

Huh? DHB was consensus #30 or so and went #9. 

Ruggs was consensus #15 and went #12. 

How is it anywhere near the same situation?

I haven’t seen any boards with Ruggs lower than 20 (and majority are Top 15). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I said this a few days before the draft. I will pull up the quote. It's all on the staff and their ability.

If you can maximize all of these guys, Ruggs is the most valuable. IF.

They're really betting on themselves to do that. He could stretch teams vertically and horizontally, eliminate brackets for Waller and Williams, lighten boxes for jacobs, open up the underneath game for Renfrow, etc.

And i'm not saying he's a decoy. He's going to get those short/intermediate routes all day long. Plus rushing touches. But the best part of Ruggs is that he combines his explosion with contested catch ability and hands. His biggest negative is press, but that can be avoided by moving him around and coaching him up.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

A bunch of you guys are well I don’t have the words for it... take it from a Broncos fan. This was a good pick. 

Select people are hating the pick because it was a negative it wasn't Lamb or even Jeudy, and they don't look at the positives of it being Ruggs. Legit a top 5 speedster at the position, very good hands, solid route runner, etc. Also one hell of a decoy and is going to keep safeties a lot higher than they have been in the past. You HAVE to respect his speed.

Great pick with Jeudy too btw. 

• Like 1