Niners select Javon Kinlaw DT at 14

49erurtaza

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure, and all the negative things I say about him makes it sound like I didn't like him at all LOL. Which is not the case. He was in that top 10 grouping that I wanted to be able to get at 13. He was just probably my lowest rated out of those guys, and I do have concerns over high boom / bust guys. 

I get it he's no sure thing but I love his skill set added with our DL coach and the other studs we have on our DL. Can't do anything about potential injuries...they are what they are. But with his background I can't see him not getting the most out of his talent.

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure, and all the negative things I say about him makes it sound like I didn't like him at all LOL. Which is not the case. He was in that top 10 grouping that I wanted to be able to get at 13. He was just probably my lowest rated out of those guys, and I do have concerns over high boom / bust guys

This is my concern especially when you pick them in the top half of the first round. I think at the end of the first or in the second that's perfectly fine, but we can't be missing on high picks. Hopefully he hits. This also concerns me personally:

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina: Lower-body injuries are always concerning with big men such as Kinlaw (6-foot-5 1/8, 324 pounds), a first-team Associated Press All-American in 2019 who previously had a labrum repaired in one of his hips, as well as a past back injury and two knees that multiple teams have flagged as at risk of arthritis. "Wear and tear" is the term most used following Kinlaw's combine MRIs; no team is known to have failed him on a physical. Several teams -- including a few picking high -- say they have no issue with Kinlaw's medical, making it unlikely a top-20 talent falls out of the first round.

His physical profile is phenomenal and he has definitely flashed, but with our needs and my draft crush on the board at a position of need on the board really makes me wish we would have gone a different direction. I'm rooting for you Kinlaw. I have no choice but to hate CeeDee Lamb now that he's a Cowboy, so hopefully Kinlaw's play can make me forget I wanted to bring in Lamb. 

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I hate, hate, hate, that we passed up on Jeudy and Lamb for Kinlaw. Kinlaw better be the second coming of Buckner.

He doesn't need to be Buck to justify this pick. Lol the overreacting is crazy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Don't get me wrong...this is obviously an incredible story...but there's nothing about what he's saying here that makes me feel better or worse about the pick, or makes me think he's a better oworse football player than he is lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

We took 2 raw guys in the first in a year we won't get training camp. This makes me very nervous.

All rookies will be impacted. Clearly this won't be a typical off-season but it'll be the coaches job to get these guys up to speed. 

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

We took 2 raw guys in the first in a year we won't get training camp. This makes me very nervous.

FWIW, if you want to feel a little better about that, go back to 2011 with the CBA thing. Some of those raw rookies (like Aldon) still balled out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I hate, hate, hate, that we passed up on Jeudy and Lamb for Kinlaw. Kinlaw better be the second coming of Buckner.

We traded Buck for Kinlaw, a 4th, and huge cap relief. Great move if Kinlaw is even a solid starter. Also he can squat 2000 pounds lol. We still drafted a WR with huge upside that will look great in Shanahan's offense. 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

We traded Buck for Kinlaw, a 4th, and huge cap relief. Great move if Kinlaw is even a solid starter. Also he can squat 2000 pounds lol. We still drafted a WR with huge upside that will look great in Shanahan's offense. 

We didn't really get the fourth. That got shipped to Minnesota. I know technically we got it, but hard to consider it that way