1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

LOL - Shame on me for not looking forward to 2024 and being content with that thought

2022*

And we can still compete going forward. I'm so glad I'm not over-reactionary like you are. 

You said you can't draft for the future and compete now. 2005, we did just that. You ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative. Live in your misery, IDGAF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's clear you're sitting Love for at least 2 years minimum.

Based on him being ready or Rodgers contract? I could agree with the former but not the ladder. You can get out of Rodgers deal with 4 million in cap savings next year. Not to mention every year you keep Rodgers his trade value goes down. The longer you keep Rodgers if Love is ready the more money you pay Rodgers. Cut the cord and move on IF Love is ready in 2021. 

If Love is ready to play in 2021, you play him and trade Rodgers IMO. 

I think the thing is that the Packers cannot overcome a talent gap between them and teams like SF, NO, KC, PHI, etc. with one draft pick.  You can beat those teams in elimination games, but it takes flukey stuff like getting hot at the right time and injury luck.

You can swing the talent gap the other way once all those other teams enter the "maintenance" part of their curve and start to decline though.

Just now, Green19 said:
8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So we are closer to beating SF after tonight ??? We had miles to go

Is SF closer to being what they were last year after tonight?

They don’t have a QB...

We have 2 now! Maybe we can trade them Love!

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

2022*

And we can still compete going forward. I'm so glad I'm not over-reactionary like you are. 

You said you can't draft for the future and compete now. 2005, we did just that. You ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative. Live in your misery, IDGAF. 

Nor I you. I was an idiot for hating the Gary pick too.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

What did I miss. We were team Jefferson but were you team love

We were team Jefferson but Love as my guy. Just ask @CWood21. I've been all over him in the NFL Draft forum. Just too many simplistic takes for my liking in his regard. God, I hate this forum sometimes. 

• Like 1