1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Just off the top of my head. Why do you need more ?

Because I'm right, and you're wrong, and I want you to see it. The top of your head is all of your head in this case.

Young, cheap QBs with a good team around them >>> Old "good" QBs with financially compromised teams around them.

(you did forget Brady - but he doesn't count because of Giselle).

Just now, Golfman said:

Based on him being ready or Rodgers contract? I could agree with the former but not the ladder. You can get out of Rodgers deal with 4 million in cap savings next year. Not to mention every year you keep Rodgers his trade value goes down. The longer you keep Rodgers if Love is ready the more money you pay Rodgers. Cut the cord and move on IF Love is ready in 2021. 

If Love is ready to play in 2021, you play him and trade Rodgers IMO. 

I mean, you can't get rid of Rodgers this year.  The dead cap is too high.  Next year, you're saving ~$5M by moving on from Rodgers.  Unless Love explodes onto the scene or Rodgers regresses terribly, they'll probably still believe that Rodgers is better.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Didn't Rodgers have an 18th hole comment this year? Obviously it's not to the same extent, but this isn't insane.

Understood.

Listen - I pay less attention to the draft than most around here - but I just didnt think we'd be investing a first round pick (albeit it low one - but its not like we've not drafted there before.....) on a position the team's so heavily committed to financially. 

Is this to "fire up AR?" - maybe - but its a damn odd way to do it no?

Again - I cant trash Love cause I know nothing about him other than the blurbs I've heard about this and that. I've seen nothing - purposefully.

I just want the team - the organization - to load up talent-wise NOW - so, I hope they're sharp with the rest of the draft cause I dont think we've the cash on hand to do much in FA post draft - other than picking up a few cheap veterans on the way out.

Not a problem. It is what it is and I'm gonna wish Love nothing but....(I wont say love....) the best.

Was just hoping for some impact player at a different position. Pick one. Any one. I wasnt playing favorites.

QB just wasnt on my radar screen. Not first round at least and from what I've heard - the lower round guys are all playing for clipboard holders.

Oh well.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:
5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Jordan Love is trash. I'm not mad that we took a QB, I'm mad we took him

Hyperbole. Pure hyperbole. If this was 2019, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

He was not even great in 2019. Overrated.

Jordan Love is a bad QB prospect

Edited by JBURGE

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Nor I you. I was an idiot for hating the Gary pick too.

No, you were over-reactionary then too. You have zero patience. That much has been shown. When, not if, Love succeeds, I better not here a ******* word from you. You better hate this kid forever.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Because I'm right, and you're wrong, and I want you to see it. The top of your head is all of your head in this case.

Young, cheap QBs with a good team around them >>> Old "good" QBs with financially compromised teams around them.

(you did forget Brady - but he doesn't count because of Giselle).

You asked for examples as if they didn't exist. They exist. So I'm not wrong.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, you can't get rid of Rodgers this year.  The dead cap is too high.  Next year, you're saving ~$5M by moving on from Rodgers.  Unless Love explodes onto the scene or Rodgers regresses terribly, they'll probably still believe that Rodgers is better.

I could see it going either way honestly. IMO, it doesn't all depend on Love either. It depends a ton on how Rodgers not only plays, but leads in 2020. 

Remember 4 years ago when I told @beekay414 to check out this kid going to Utah State?  ;)

I don't like this. I also didn't like the Rodgers pick, and I will admit that.  This does not help the team for at least 2 seasons, keeps our holes at RT, DL, WR, and possibly CB, and cost two draft picks.  It doesn't help keep up with any of the top teams in the NFC.  I will try to remain optimistic until I can see him play against NFL teams.  Rodgers won me over in his second preseason, there is no reason that Love cannot do the same.  This will make preseason quite important and interesting for the next couple of seasons.  I'm more mellow now, so I am not ready to immediately burn the village down, but I know where my torches and pitchforks are stored.

• Like 3