1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Not what I expected, but respect the **** out of Gute for making this pick. Would have been easier for him to pick a player that played literally any other position to keep the heat off himself. Fact is, he's willing to put his career on the line for Love, and was happy to trade up in order to do it. Really going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Now please let us get Laviska in round 2. 

See—I said something like this early in the thread. This was planned. The trade up was events driven, but it emphasizes the team’s focus. Gute unzipped his fly on this one and he knows it but he did it anyway. If this turns out to be a blunder we all get to keep our jobs, but Gute probably doesn’t.

I at least admire the conviction. And I like agreeing with a poster that knows something about pro sports administration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I've read a lot of dumb stuff in the past half hour, but this wins: 

If you like Love, fine, just stand up for the pick. Don't try to justify it with dumb **** like this. Vintage Nags. 

That first take is pretty poor too. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What the **** are you talking about? Our group of pass catchers is around league average?

Sorry, your opinion of what a good pass catcher to me is worthless.  Jmon Moore was an elite prospect in your eyes this year last time,.  

It's Adams and nobody at WR.  Our TE group is down right disgusting right now.  It's Lewis, Tonyan and a Sophmorew who showed absolutely nothing last year.  League average my ***.  It"s league average in your eyes because EVERYTHING its the fault of the NFL's worst starting QB. A guy like MVS is an all pro your eyes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just don't like the timing. 2 years too early for my taste, but whatever, it's done. 

I wonder if Gute and MLF never thought they had a shot to take a QB they felt could be a franchise player as long as they had AR but pulled the trigger this time with Love still on the board?  It isn't like they gave up a bunch of picks here like Chicago did in 2017.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why? What's to hate? Do you like Herbert?

No, I don't like Herbert either. 

Just now, Bullet Club said:

He doesn't read the defense well and regardless of his supporting cast his ball placement is extremely shaky. 

Those are like the two worst things you can have in a QB.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Gute tried to add his replacement 2 years ago and then followed it with a record setting deal.  The narrative that Rodgers is an awful QB is yours and yours alone.  EVERYTHING that went wrong l.ast hyearf was Rodgers fault in your eyes.  You trashed him about ANYTHING and everything and didn't give him any compliments when he did th kings right.  In your eyes, we were in the NFCC game despite him and not because he did anything wrong.

Your "Rodgers is the only thing wrong with our offense" narrative has been so disgusting that it's worth not posting on the board.  He could have had a perfect rating and he'd have had nothing to do with the win while doing 6 dozen things wrong.  

Deshon Kizer was a lottery ticket we got because neither the Browns nor the Packers wanted the guy that they had. Kizer was not an attempt to replace Rodgers.

I have no narrative that Rodgers is an awful QB. I have a narrative that Rodgers is a barely above average QB, and with contract in hand is a negative value.

A ton of what went wrong last year was Rodgers fault. When you play the most high leverage position in football and the passing game isn't very good, you deserve to get trashed.

I definitely complimented Rodgers in those games where he played very well. There were 6 (and I'm being generous) of 18.

In my eyes we were in the NFC Championship game due to the strength of an overall roster and a **** ton of luck.

I've never once indicated Rodgers is the only thing wrong with this offense. I have a weekly rant about LaFleur's schemes and especially his fetish with runs on 2nd and long. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You sure you know who you're talking to? I'm one of Rodgers' most staunch supporters. I'm also a realist. Proactive >>>>> reactive. Would you like to be the Saints, with a 40+ year old QB, drafting centers in the first round? Nah, no thanks. I like the approach. Let Love sit and reap the rewards. Don't be so shortsighted.

You sure you know how to read? Did I name you as one of the people? I didn't. I think we all know who I was referring to.

My issue isn't Love. I hope he's my favorite player in 8 years. My issue is that we refuse to capitalize on an opportunity that's right in front of our faces! They signed Aaron to a MASSIVE deal. Now was your chance to surround him with cheap talent so we can make a legit run at this next season. What happens when Love is a monster but we have a front office that can't draft guys to put around him? 

Just now, CWood21 said:
26 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Any time you can move up and draft a guy who had 20 TDs and 17 INTs last year, ya gotta do it! 

Keep box score scouting.  Might actually prove you right once.

wait...he had INTs? I didn't see those on his highlights...

• Like 2