1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, packfanfb said:

Thought I saw Malik Harrison picked him in practice, no?

Couldn't tell you. I'm working full time and getting paid while not going out for food or paying for gas so I blew some money on PFF lol. This is what they graded him as in their Senior Bowl week report. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol facts are considered excuses now? Jordan Love is a mega talented QB. I'm not going to say he could replicate the best season a college QB ever had, but everything clicked magically for LSU this year with Burrow and everyone on that roster will be rewarded for it. I can guarantee you if Love was on LSU's roster we'd still be talking about a first round pick, maybe even a top 5 one. Where would Burrow be on USU's roster? 

LSU with Love wouldn't have been nearly as good and everyone on their roster would be seen lesser because of it. USU likely would've been flat out better. When you're consistently late and off-target it doesn't matter how toolsy you are.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Couldn't tell you. I'm working full time and getting paid while not going out for food or paying for gas so I blew some money on PFF lol. This is what they graded him as in their Senior Bowl week report. 

Yea, I mean not a big deal either way. I thought I saw Herman post a clip of Harrison with a tip/pick on a seam route from Love during practice. 

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

And Green Bay still hasn't made the moves to hang with what will likely be some of the top teams in the NFC (SF, TB). 

I still expect your team to win the division this year and be a top 3 seed, but the Packers should be gearing up for one last run with Rodgers, not looking for his replacement.

And we only have one pick to do that? Oh, right. The board fell the way it fell and reaching for a perceived position of need would've been stupid. Yeah, sure, let's take an inside backer first round. Lmao. 

The "LSU wouldn't have been as good with Love" talking point sort of ignores the point that Joe Burrow was not a good quarterback prior to 2019.  There were a series of things that occurred between the 2018 season and the 2019 season that took Burrow from "a late round QB, primarily a runner" to "all-universe QB, #1 overall pick."  I am not convinced that those same things would not have benefited any other similarly talented QB.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

LSU with Love wouldn't have been nearly as good and everyone on their roster would be seen lesser because of it. USU likely would've been flat out better. When you're consistently late and off-target it doesn't matter how toolsy you are.

Love wasn't late and off-target in 2018. He suddenly became late and off-target in 2019 when most of his OL and supporting cast left and his HC left. Watch him in 2018. 2019 is a matter of circumstances and not a matter of talent. When you go into a game knowing you're the only player on your offense worth a damn, it changes how you function rather than going in and trusting the other 10 guys around you. You put Love in a cast like that, I'm sure you see a different QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Love wasn't late and off-target in 2018. He suddenly became late and off-target in 2019 when most of his OL and supporting cast left and his HC left. Watch him in 2018. 2019 is a matter of circumstances and not a matter of talent. When you go into a game knowing you're the only player on your offense worth a damn, it changes how you function rather than going in and trusting the other 10 guys around you. You put Love in a cast like that, I'm sure you see a different QB. 

This is just false. I'm well aware he was dealt an awful situation last season. I haven't brought up his numbers because of that understanding. I'm talking pure football abilities. He was absolutely late and off-target in 2018. It's all over his film. He seemed a little quicker to diagnose things but these are still obvious issues in 2018.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

This is just false. I'm well aware he was dealt an awful situation last season. I haven't brought up his numbers because of that understanding. I'm talking pure football abilities. He was absolutely late and off-target in 2018. It's all over his film. He seemed a little quicker to diagnose things but these are still obvious issues in 2018.

If what you are saying is true, why would Gute be so high on him?

We'll never know but I wonder where Reagor, Jefferson, Murray and Aiyuk ranked on the Packers' board in comparison to Love. I'd have to think the Packers would have taken Jefferson over Love, but I wonder about the other three? 

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So having the stones to trade up, make a controversial pick that if it hits will be known as the smartest move the franchise made in 15 years is the scared pick?

BUT standing pat, reaching on a non-premium position pick to fill a hole because you're over-reacting to a loss from last season knowing that it's not a smart football move, but will appease the majority of your fanbase who don't know what a smart football move is, that's not a scared move?

I was this mad when we took Rodgers, but I was 14, I've come to understand how you run a sports franchise now. Hopefully I'm dealing with a bunch of teens that don't know any better but sadly I don't think I am.

I'll re-iterate in the most simple way I can. QB is the most important position in sports. Not football, sports. If you have a highly rated one on the board when you're picking, you should consider it every single time. 

You were 14 in 2005?  You are making me feel ancient.  lol

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We'll never know but I wonder where Reagor, Jefferson, Murray and Aiyuk ranked on the Packers' board in comparison to Love. I'd have to think the Packers would have taken Jefferson over Love, but I wonder about the other three? 

I seriously doubt GB had any WR over Love.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol the only reason Aaron Rodgers is the QB he is, is because of this exact type of a situation. He is far more mature than that.

Apples and oranges...

Rodgers was considered to be the best QB in that draft in 2005 and was the only QB that even came close to beating those phenomenal USC teams back in 2003/2004. Aaron's fall to 23 was a shock to everyone. Jordan Love played against lesser competition and was a late riser up the boards. Unlike Aaron and Favre for that matter, he does not make the players around him better and plays down to the level of talent around him.