1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And we only have one pick to do that? Oh, right. The board fell the way it fell and reaching for a perceived position of need would've been stupid. Yeah, sure, let's take an inside backer first round. Lmao. 

A highly rated MLB at pick 30 might not be so bad though. 

Using your top pick to draft a QB (and trading up to do so) while already having a HOF talent at QB who won't be retiring for another 4 years while also making the nfccg the year before probably isn't the best use of resources.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Using your top pick to draft a QB (and trading up to do so) while already having a HOF talent at QB who won't be retiring for another 4 years while also making the nfccg the year before probably isn't the best use of resources.

Agreed. We have a lot of posters on here right now that are trying to spin this every way possible including a moderator unfortunately. 

LIS in my last post: Jordan Love doesn't make the players around him better and plays to the level of talent around him.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Guy, if it hits he’s starting for a decade. Even if Queen has a great year , that’s not going to make or break our season. It’s a great use of resources. qBs  with the potential of Love don’t drop to the late 20s often.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd love to know that myself.

I mean, I get the concern.  I yelled "you've got to be ******* kidding me" when the pick went down, and shut off the tv.

But i have to believe that as a GM, the only problems he saw were things he felt were fixable, so being off target seems unlikely.  Late? Sure, I could accept that his film says that he was late, but I would argue that Aaron Rodgers has been late with the ball at times as well in recent seasons.

Theoretically, with good coaching, late can be fixed.  Accuracy not so much, so I am guessing they believe his accuracy is good.

Just now, Joe said:

Agreed. We have a lot of posters on here right now that are trying to spin this every way possible including a moderator unfortunately. 

LIS in my last post: Jordan Love doesn't make the players around him better and plays to the level of talent around him.

The guys Jordan Love played with won’t be playing in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Staring at his read like Hundley. Has a big arm like Kizer but the way he throws, it will easily be intercepted in the NFL.

Lol he doesn't stare at his reads, dude. Knowing pre-snap where you're going because you read the D isn't staring down a guy. Burrow did it too. Go watch any QB's tape. They all do it. 

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This is just false. I'm well aware he was dealt an awful situation last season. I haven't brought up his numbers because of that understanding. I'm talking pure football abilities. He was absolutely late and off-target in 2018. It's all over his film. He seemed a little quicker to diagnose things but these are still obvious issues in 2018.

Sorry, don't see it, nor do I see it in the countless reports I've scoured through today. Did he have some plays where he was a little late on? as a 19 year old starting QB? Yeah. Are you watching film and expecting perfection? Sorry I just don't see this coming up routinely. I do see it more in 2019, when he developed a "hero ball" mindset that we're going to have to coach out of him. 

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I mean I think he's talented, but he reminds me more of Colin Kaepernick than Patrick Mahomes, who some outside this board are trying to make that comparison.

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Guy, if it hits he’s starting for a decade. Even if Queen has a great year , that’s not going to make or break our season. It’s a great use of resources. qBs  with the potential of Love don’t drop to the late 20s often.

We needed Patrick Queen much more so than Jordan Love.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

I mean I think he's talented, but he reminds me more of Colin Kaepernick than Patrick Mahomes, who some outside this board are trying to make that comparison.

I just hope he is not Mitch Trubisky.

I like his throwing motion more than Kaepernick.  The question always is with QB draft choices- can they read defenses and make good decisions in the NFL.  Love has the arm to play, but does he have the brain.  We will see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

That comparison has been made on The Draft Network. The other one that's been made is Blake Bortles.

We totally blew the pick and the only redeeming quality Love has is that he has a good arm and a nice release. That's it.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I just hope he is not Mitch Trubisky.

I like his throwing motion more than Kaepernick.  The question always is with QB draft choices- can they read defenses and make good decisions in the NFL.  Love has the arm to play, but does he have the brain.  We will see.

He doesn't.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-love/PbA4nRzHfK

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

For your sake, you better hope so. I enjoyed watching him in college.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I wanted Patrick Queen and I didn't want Jordan Love.

I fixed if for you! Time to get over it! Your feelings are hurt, but we got in front of the QB situation. Something we've had the good sense to do since Favre. You should be thankful, but you choose to be spiteful because you didn't get your way.