1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

18 hours ago, deathstar said:

Love the footwork. If you watch him at Utah State he was a mess. In the above clip he’s got a strong, wide base under him on his drop backs.

He seemed to be pulling a lot of those throws to the left...

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

You drunk?

Lol, I don't know, if he is throwing to a WR running an out route to the left he may want to lead him to the left? Is that called pulling a throw to the left?

Edited by R T
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, I don't know, if he is throwing to a WR running an out route to the left he may want to lead him to the left? Is that called pulling a throw to the left?

That's all I saw. There was one that looked like he was running some sort of stop route that had to step left kinda I guess but there's was nothing wrong with it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's all I saw. There was one that looked like he was running some sort of stop route that had to step left kinda I guess but there's was nothing wrong with it

I've had no offers to quit my day job to analyze tape, but some of the people that do make a living at it often talk about having the eyes and feet in sync with each other and I believe that is something we can take from that clip. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R T said:

I've had no offers to quit my day job to analyze tape, but some of the people that do make a living at it often talk about having the eyes and feet in sync with each other and I believe that is something we can take from that clip. 

Yeah looks good to me but it's also still an edited clip of a dude throwing against air. Doesn't stop me from getting irrationally excited though.

Also, Love is so ******* terrible in Madden 21. I couldn't even get through 2 games on all pro

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Yeah looks good to me but it's also still an edited clip of a dude throwing against air. Doesn't stop me from getting irrationally excited though.....

Heh heh, same.  Super fun to see something good and get hopeful and optimistic! 

(But yeah, if accuracy is the most crucial quality for a QB, I know it's hard to evaluate accuracy when all the inaccurate throws are omitted from the clip!  :):):). 

• Like 1

Looked very powerful throwing left.  Ball is a rocket coming out of there with what looks like minimal effort.

I wasn't thrilled with his base on some of those throws, but it looked to me like he was trying some off balance stuff.  And the ball rocketed out of there.

Still a slight hitch in his release, but it's much better than last year.

Overall?  He looks stronger than he did last year.  Stronger in the legs and that has led to a stronger arm.

Impressive.

21 hours ago, Norm said:

You drunk?

his receivers had to really adjust in several of those clips. His release needs a bit more clean-up, but I'm more concerned about what he'll be asked to do in an actual game situation, not what he can do in his underwear...

57 minutes ago, Joe said:

his receivers had to really adjust in several of those clips. His release needs a bit more clean-up, but I'm more concerned about what he'll be asked to do in an actual game situation, not what he can do in his underwear...

He hit the bomb in stride.  Ball came out quickly on all of the throws.

Usually when turning left, there is a tendency to throw the ball in the dirt.  His left turn and throws were very good in my book.

I didn't see anything wrong with his accuracy.  But as you stated, there was room for improvement on them.  I was very impressed with how quickly the ball got out of his hand and the velocity behind those throws with what looked like very minimal effort.