Packers QB situation

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Off the top, Patriots, Colts, Tampa, Jacksonville,  Pittsburgh, and Oakland either could use a QB now or don't have long term solutions. Saints maybe too, but I don't know their plan with Hill. Chicago can't like what they've seen from Trubisky. There's plenty of teams needing a QB. 

Guess what they all have in common? They all passed on Love in the first round. 

Even Gruden passed on him. That should tell you a lot 

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I bet if Gruden could choose to work with Marcus Mariota or Jordan Love, it would be Love. 

Just my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Beyond the pundits who really don't matter as they have no decision making power, there were multiple front office execs quoted that had Love rated highly in Bob McGinn's draft piece. I can't remember where I read but one offensive coach was quoted in a piece saying Love was his #1 QB in the draft.

Again, I don't care what your opinion of Love is, I care even less since you think he was going to be a 3rd round pick lol, clearly you don't study the draft.

Clearly Mr Gutenkust, doesn’t seem like you do either.

Drafting a QB who you could easily have gotten in the next round.  

Not to mention, you have a HOF QB currently still being very good  who lacks offensive weapons. 

It’s clear you’re a homer, but take those glasses off and you will see clearer

you and I will need to revisit this convo in a few years God Willing 

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104092/article/jordan-love-creating-buzz-could-move-into-top-10

"Of all the quarterback names here in Indianapolis that have been buzzing the hallways, late-night bars and restaurants, Jordan Love much more so than anyone," Rapoport said. "I've talked to general managers, assistant GMs, coaches, they all wanted to see how this guy threw because his buzz is kind of building. We've all kind of assumed that he's a first-round quarterback. I would not be surprised now, upper-end of the first round, maybe even heading up into the top 10."

I'll just drop this here...

I don’t need to respond to this, please see that ether  from @GSUeagles14  

4 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

I bet if Gruden could choose to work with Marcus Mariota or Jordan Love, it would be Love. 

Just my opinion. 

Looks like he had a choice and he chose to work with Mariota

Edited by rocky_rams

21 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol so that means he was lasting to the 3rd? Bulletproof logic if I've ever seen it.

23 teams passed on Rodgers too. That should tell you a lot

Edited by smetana34

You cannot convince me that Love, as a prospect, is worse than what you know about Mariota. 

Gurden doesn't exactly have a history of developing QBs, so I don't really understand why them passing on Love really matters. 

Just because he looked good on ESPN, it doesn't erase his history of blunders at QB. It's why he was never brought back in the NFL and he's continuing his failures now that he's back. 

23 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

You cannot convince me that Love, as a prospect, is worse than what you know about Mariota. 

Gurden doesn't exactly have a history of developing QBs, so I don't really understand why them passing on Love really matters. 

Just because he looked good on ESPN, it doesn't erase his history of blunders at QB. It's why he was never brought back in the NFL and he's continuing his failures now that he's back. 

Lol, you’re the one who made the claim.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Exactly my point. So what does that tell you?

That they do some very questionable things with talent acquisition, skipping over Love being one of them. Glad we agree.

I feel like you're derailing this because your initial statement or point or whatever you were trying to say held no weight. Every time you've responded you've tried going in a different direction, offering next to nothing. Just a waste of time. 

27 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

That they do some very questionable things with talent acquisition, skipping over Love being one of them. Glad we agree.

I feel like you're derailing this because your initial statement or point or whatever you were trying to say held no weight. Every time you've responded you've tried going in a different direction, offering next to nothing. Just a waste of time. 

I’m telling you that Gruden is super clueless drafting and even he passed on Love. 

My point never changed. You packers fan were on Rodgers jock for the last decade when he brought your entire team credibility. 

Now that your front office, who has no track record of anything significant, committed one of the worst blunders of all time, there’s nothing else to say but to back them up. 

I know it sucks.

but that doesn’t change the fact that this was a wasted pick with your HOF QB still a top QB and your team made it to the NFC championship game last season and you guys were key pieces away from reaching the super bowl. None of the missing  key pieces was QB