Packers QB situation

SalvadorsDeli

Rodgers cap situation guarantees he’s in Green Bay through the 2021 season. His 2022 dead cap hit if cut/traded is still $17M ($22M saved). If he’s cut after 2022 there is only a $2.8M cap hit 

Love with the 5th year option can sit until 2022 and start 2023 and 2024 and possible 2 franchise tags after that. 

• Like 3

Most Packers fans have heard from their fathers and grandfathers about the era between Bart Starr and Brett Favre that they refer to as the "Dark Ages". When a once mighty and proud football empire crumbled and became the biggest laughingstock in the league.

That is what will happen to this franchise when Rodgers leaves.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Elky said:

Most Packers fans have heard from their fathers and grandfathers about the era between Bart Starr and Brett Favre that they refer to as the "Dark Ages". When a once mighty and proud football empire crumbled and became the biggest laughingstock in the league.

Projecting much?

• Like 11

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Projecting much?

I could be wrong for all I know since the draft is a crapshoot, but spending all those resources for a a guy as questionable as Love is incredibly risky.

1 minute ago, Elky said:

I could be wrong for all I know since the draft is a crapshoot, but spending all those resources for a a guy as questionable as Love is incredibly risky.

Good point, last time they tried this they crumbled into the biggest laughingstock in the league. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Elky said:

Yeah, we're really going to miss that 4th round pick. It sure is a lot of resources to move up there. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Good point, last time they tried this they crumbled into the biggest laughingstock in the league. 

Aaron Rodgers was a candidate to be the first overall pick who inexplicably fell.

Jordan Love is a mediocre player who lives off of his sophomore year and regressed significantly in his junior season. His biggest criticism is poor decision making.

Please refrain from comparing the two in the future, ok?

Edited by Elky
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Oh hell yeah baby we're jumping right in.

The Packers just traded up to draft a QB in Round 1.

WHATS GONNA HAPPEN? 

Seems like both sides are pretty clear Rodgers is not a Packer for long. 

Brian Brohm 2.0.

The Packers still need receivers and a TE. The RB situation is not good either for the future being that both Jones and Williams are working on the final years of the contract in 2020. Not too mention the OL. 

That's alot of money that needs to paid out after 2020.

27 minutes ago, Elky said:

Aren't you the guy crying in another thread at other posters for making predictions on these guys?

• Like 11