Packers QB situation

SalvadorsDeli

It's very possible that if Love gains traction early, Aaron Rodgers could be heading out.  

I definitely could see Rodgers going to another team like Brady did, but seeing him at New England would make me sick.

It's a total copout move and Belichick would be all for it.  

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

It's very possible that if Love gains traction early, Aaron Rodgers could be heading out.  

I definitely could see Rodgers going to another team like Brady did, but seeing him at New England would make me sick.

I think your life would improve drastically if you just let it go....

As for the packers, I don't expect A-Rod to go anywhere, that he will prove to everyone why this was a questionable pick. In fact, I think this lights a fire under his A, and he puts in a great season. So in that sense, it's not the worst pick....

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Copout on the part of who?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

As for the packers, I don't expect A-Rod to go anywhere, that he will prove to everyone why this was a questionable pick. In fact, I think this lights a fire under his A, and he puts in a great season. So in that sense, it's not the worst pick....

If it reinvigorates A-Rod, then it won't be questionable.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

As with TB and Jimmy. Although people still questioned it.

I personally didn't question it at the time, and even though it didn't play out the way you'd typically think of a draft pick hitting, I think it was a home run. Brady himself can deny it until he's blue in the face, but that pick lit a fire under his ***.

If this pick causes ARod to give us half of what Brady did post-Garoppolo, it'll be well worth it.

• Like 3

Per Spotrac, GB can rationally move on from Rodgers as early as 2022. He'd be 38 by then and he's been declining in recent years. Love would have three years of development.

We all know how I feel about Love, but if GB likes him their move up makes sense.

Edited by Elky

3 hours ago, Elky said:

Per Spotrac, GB can rationally move on from Rodgers as early as 2022. He'd be 38 by then and he's been declining in recent years. Love would have three years of development.

We all know how I feel about Love, but if GB likes him their move up makes sense.

Before or after the 2022 season? 

Part of the positives of having a rookie QB is the cheap contract....but it would be a waste to have him sit for 3 full years in the current NFL. Even 2 is questionable as i'm sure they'll have growing pains in a hypothetical 3rd year in the league/first year starting. I think sitting one year would be the best move in terms of developing the player and then maximizing the return RE: cheap contract

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In fact, I think this lights a fire under his A, 

And, you don't think he already had that?  

Of course he did.   Rodgers puts the work in regardless.  

He's one of the hardest working QBs in the league. 

Case in point, for the effort that Rodgers puts into that team, it was quite the insult.  

That's why it's blatantly obvious that LaFleur doesn't like working with Rodgers.  Same reason why McCarthy was ousted.  

But, Rodgers has been in the driver's seat at Green Bay for a long time, and that's why it's constant fireworks there.  

If LaFleur can get Rodgers to leave the team, that would be quite the statement.