Packers QB situation

SalvadorsDeli

27 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Welp...

Whoooo!

Top 30 Shots Fired GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

This certainly COULD work. It worked both for Brady, and with McCarthy for Favre.

The only issue is that pretty boy LaFleur better make sure his *** can cash the check he just wrote.

Bob McGinn is as plugged in with the Packers as any beat writer in the country.

Could we be looking at a McDaniels/Cutler situation? 

6 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Could we be looking at a McDaniels/Cutler situation? 

Again, I think McCarthy/Favre is a better comp. Cutler wasn't nearly as established, and for all of his other failings, McDaniels was right about Cutler's ultimate ceiling as a quarterback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Nah. Bob McGinn has been away from the Packers for some time now and his departure was challenging to say the least
He started his own website with his son , but was denied credentials by the team . Since then the butthurt flows freely.
Now- Bob still has plenty of NFL contacts and does great work around the draft, but his relationship with the Packers is chilly at best and petty at times.

Last offseason the meme- of- the month club said Rodgers couldn't get along with La Fleur, they were 100 % wrong, NFCCG ensued.
Now we have a new meme-of-the- month and off we go.
They get their clicks & views and that's all that matters to the media as they try to make it work in the digital age.

Rodgers was on with Hawk and McAfee before the draft, they asked him about all the questions about his relationship with Lafleur. They made a reference to how you didn't hear much towards the end of the year, and Rodgers chuckled and said something along the lines of "yeah it got pretty *f-......* quiet huh?"

There's nothing wrong with the Rodgers-LaFleur relationship. McGinn is a bitter hack. After the Packers hired LaFleur he posted an article saying he heard rumors the Titans were going to fire him if he didn't get a HC job. He was real tight with Wolf and Harlan, and didn't get along with Murphy and Ted, thus he tries to bring down the team while still covering them.

I'm excited to have Love aboard. Think he compares similarly to Josh Allen as a prospect. Raw but gifted with all the tools you want. 2 years behind Rodgers is going to do his skillset really well. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's the AV leaders in the Draft since 2000

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EU26vPPXgAAuWNH?format=jpg&name=small

AV is the metric used by Pro Football Reference to put a value on each player each year. Based on that metric, the Packers have exceeded all of their peers over the last 20 years. We'll see how they did in 2020, but at the very least they've earned the benefit of the doubt.
Obviously not in here... but in the real world.

You realize your GM has only been in charge there for a few years now right?  

Edited by fortdetroit

3 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

You realize your GM has only been in charge there for a few years now?  

You realize he's been employed in increasingly responsible positions since the late 90s and was selected as the GM by the team president that has been running things for the past 14 years?

On 4/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, incognito_man said:

Yes. There are smart people running the team that know more about it than me (and you, obviously). Smart people do sensible things, like they did here. My ego isn't large enough to pretend I know better than GBs front office.

There are smart people running literally every single team in the NFL.  Even the worst GMs in football are smart when it comes to football knowledge.  That doesn't mean they always make the right decisions in the draft or free agency.  Was Gute less smart when he signed Jimmy Graham to a bad contract a few years ago?  Even smart GMs make bad decisions.

1 minute ago, fortdetroit said:

There are smart people running literally every single team in the NFL.  Even the worst GMs in football are smart when it comes to football knowledge.  That doesn't mean they always make the right decisions in the draft or free agency.  Was Gute less smart when he signed Jimmy Graham to a bad contract a few years ago?  Even smart GMs make bad decisions.

whoa

it's almost like "perfect" and "smart" don't mean the same thing

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

whoa

it's almost like "perfect" and "smart" don't mean the same thing

Exactly?  That's what i've been saying.

Which is why it's perfectly reasonable for you or I to say this was a terrible draft for GB and their offseason has been horrendous overall.   But you are going to defer to Gute no matter what because he's smart.  Even though you just admitted smart football people aren't perfect and make mistakes.  Something doesn't add up here.

Edited by fortdetroit

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You realize he's been employed in increasingly responsible positions since the late 90s and was selected as the GM by the team president that has been running things for the past 14 years?

So I assume you also believe Matt Patricia is a great coach because he was employed by the Patriots in increasingly responsible positions since 2004 and was selected to be the defensive coordinator by the greatest head coach in NFL history that had been running things and winning Super Bowls for over a decade?

2 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Exactly?  That's what i've been saying.

Which is why it's perfectly reasonable for you or I to say this was a terrible draft for GB and their offseason has been horrendous overall.   But you are going to defer to Gute no matter what because he's smart.  Even though you just admitted smart football people aren't perfect and make mistakes.  Something doesn't add up here.

No, it's not reasonable for you or I to say that it was a terrible draft because we are completely ignorant of about 99.9999% of all the information that goes into the NFL draft. So yeah, gonna go ahead and defer that the people who have a 20+ year track record of being really really good at this more than likely did sensible things again.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, it's not reasonable for you or I to say that it was a terrible draft because we are completely ignorant of about 99.9999% of all the information that goes into the NFL draft. So yeah, gonna go ahead and defer that the people who have a 20+ year track record of being really really good at this more than likely did sensible things again.

No matter how many times you say it,  Gute does not have a 20+ year track record of being a good GM and/or making good picks in the NFL draft.

Edited by fortdetroit