(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s also a reason both of them have gotten their ***** kicked in the playoffs for most of the last decade.

I wish we could get our ***** kicked in the playoffs.  Beats just getting it kicked in the regular season.

If you take away the fluky Flacco playoff run, the ravens haven’t done **** in the playoffs the last decade.

I mean, they’ve won 2 rings the in the last 20 years.  We haven’t even played that many playoff games.

All Pittsburgh did was keep losing to New England.

C’mon man, they ran into a buzz saw that was the Pats dynasty.  And won some rings.  If not for Brady that team probably wins a few more.

They’re built for the regular season, that’s it.

The 4 rings between them says that’s a lie.  Other than the Pats, there probably isn’t another franchise in the league who consistently puts a top tier product on the field.

I hate seeing them succeed as much as the next guy, but let’s at least be honest about things here.

I remember when people wanted Schobert cut when he played OLB for us when that’s what he played in college. We have a young LB core. We took Mack in the 5th round but our made of glass LB Kirko forced him into playing. Of course he was gonna make mistakes. Just let it play out. They like the LB who didn’t miss tackles and was super fast. I’m ok with it. It’s a late 3rd round pick. Good place to take a gamble. I feel they got a steal with the first pick in the 3rd at DT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wish we could get our ***** kicked in the playoffs.  Beats just getting it kicked in the regular season.

I mean, they’ve won 2 rings the in the last 20 years.  We haven’t even played that many playoff games.

C’mon man, they ran into a buzz saw that was the Pats dynasty.  And won some rings.  If not for Brady that team probably wins a few more.

The 4 rings between them says that’s a lie.  Other than the Pats, there probably isn’t another franchise in the league who consistently puts a top tier product on the field.

I hate seeing them succeed as much as the next guy, but let’s at least be honest about things here.

Are you saying football from 2000 - 2009 is the same as football was from 2010 - now?

The ravens and Steelers are outdated.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are you saying football from 2000 - 2009 is the same as football was from 2010 - now?

The ravens and Steelers are outdated.

The same?  No.  But I think there’s plenty of value there.

I think the role of the linebacker has changed a bit. You can’t be a 270 pound thumper like Levon Kirkland any longer, you need to be able to play all 3 downs and competently play the pass.

The game is much more about speed and space, and you need linebackers who have speed and can defend space.

That said, teams still run the ball and you have to be able to stop it.  I think that’s a large reason why the Ravens had as much success as they did.  Defenses have been getting smaller and faster for years and they zigged when everyone else was zagging and they have an offense that is hard on defenses the way most are constructed.  Most teams don’t have 3 good linebackers.

49 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Think we might add a WR today too, adding these guys to my watchlist:

WR: Antonio Gandy-Golden, Donovan Peoples-Jones, James Proche

49 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Think we might add a WR today too, adding these guys to my watchlist:

WR: Antonio Gandy-Golden, Donovan Peoples-Jones, James Proche

excellent post Reginald

some more names 

Troy Pride CB notre dame 

John Runyan developmental OL

Charles -Saandiq developmental tackle Lsu

Ljarius Sneed cb

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Ya, we are gonna need some better depth at WR. Remind me, besides OBJ and Landy, who do we have? lol.  I'm still holding out hope for Higgins to be back on a short deal. 

I’m still mildly intrigued by Ratley.

Based off the clusterf**k that was last years offensive scheme and game plan, it’s hard to get a good idea of what these guys can or can’t do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Ya, we are gonna need some better depth at WR. Remind me, besides OBJ and Landy, who do we have? lol.  I'm still holding out hope for Higgins to be back on a short deal. 

If we go based off of Minnesota’s offensive history, they only used 2 WRs lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its very odd to me that the Browns seemed to go out of their way to get increasingly worse at LB by not retaining either of their 2 veterans that IMO were considered HITS on in the draft given their draft position. They got it right, then let them walk out the door without a fight.....

Again I will say there is a reason the Ravens/Steelers beat the Browns A##& every year and prioritize completely different positions in draft time. They do nothing but take the best player that falls to them and prioiritize front 7 players and LBs with a 'bark' to them. The Browns in the mid-rounds are too busy trying to find 'their guy' to fit the scheme that changes every 2 years.

My only real complaint about this offseason is letting Schobert go. He's not elite or anything, but he's a good LB and seemed like a solid leader. If he had gotten a CJ Mosley type contract, I'd get letting him go, but he didn't. I still think they should have retained him and just front-loaded his contract.

At least one of our young LBs are gonna need to really step up or else we'll be in trouble.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m still mildly intrigued by Ratley.

Based off the clusterf**k that was last years offensive scheme and game plan, it’s hard to get a good idea of what these guys can or can’t do.

Same. He made some plays here and there, but was inconsistent. Not exactly surprising for a second year WR who was a late round pick. Especially when our whole offensive system last year was ****.

I mean, I wouldn't mind adding a WR, but I don't think it's truly necessary.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Same. He made some plays here and there, but was inconsistent. Not exactly surprising for a second year WR who was a late round pick. Especially when our whole offensive system last year was ****.

I mean, I wouldn't mind adding a WR, but I don't think it's truly necessary.

I do think it’s necessary, just because you play so many throughout the course of a season and eventually we’re going to move on from Landry and/or OBJ, likely by the end of these current rookie deals.

Even if we don’t, it never hurts to have options.

Another reason I think it’s “necessary” is because of the depth of this class.  You’re getting day 2 talents early today.

34 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Based on his Twitter activity I feel like Higgins won't be signed by anybody, but he'll be on our sidelines in street clothes as a hype man.