(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

17 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden have destroyed the Raiders. They're the worst GM/HC combo in the league and if it weren't for their names they'd get dogged constantly. 

Taking WR3 as WR1 and CB7 as CB3 is the definition of overthinking it. Mayocks background brings the type of guy who will swing and miss on a ton of high picks but nail random later rounders from film study

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Taking WR3 as WR1 and CB7 as CB3 is the definition of overthinking it. Mayocks background brings the type of guy who will swing and miss on a ton of high picks but nail random later rounders from film study

Something tells me he took Tanner Muse for his “deceptive athleticism” and “leadership” also. 

Reaches everywhere. 

• Like 2

Guys I can see us drafting on day 3/my want list:  

TE: Harrison Bryant 

OG: Hakeem Adeniji, Netane Muti, Ben Bredeson, Shane Lemieux

C: Tyler Biadasz, 

DE: Jonathan Garvin, Alton Robinson

LB: Troy Dye

CB: Amik Robertson, Bryce Hall, 

ST: Javelin Guidry

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Immaculate day 2

@Mind Character

what'd you think of the day as a whole? 

Picks and the trades what would you have done different? 

I don't know how you could see day 2 as immaculate at all.

In arguably the deepest 2nd round and top of the 3rd round drafts in recent history it seems like we left a lot on the table in terms of immediate quality starter value.

Jacob Phillips is cheeks but had some nice combine numbers. No instincts, no upside in the run or the passing game to be a starter, a career special teamer. Pick doesn't make any sense with the LBs still on the board. There's no silver lining in that pick outside of "he jumped high at the combine." Andrew Berry and co's and evaluations are strange this one is a head scratcher especially considering other LBs on the board.

Jordan Elliot has so much boom in his game it's not even funny. That Pick is taking a swing for the fences. Don't know if we'll make contact though, but he has pro-bowl upside. I thought he'd be off the Browns board but they must've vetted his character sufficiently enough to give him a pass.

Also, that 2020 3rd for a 2020 later 3rd and 2021 later 3rd was a really good trade understanding the economy of value.

But to me even setting aside the Delpit pick or hindsight bias, there was a serious missed opportunity at the top of the 2nd to trade up/down and get tons of value. They must really like Delpit.  To me, it would've been worthwhile to trade up for Robert Hunt, Yetur Gross-Matos, or Ross Blacklock at the top of the 2nd, or trade down to target JK Dobbins, Denzel Mims, Krisian Fulton, Jeremy Chinn, Logan Wilson, Jabari Zuniga, Antonio Gibson, Julian Okwara, Ashtyn Davis. Those are all quality starting caliber player better than Delpit imo.

So far, the quality of this draft is Jedrick Wills Jr (who fell into the Browns lap), a great trade to get a future 3rd round pick, and an unbelievably huge upside but low floor player in Jordan Elliot. All in all, I was hoping that Berry and co. were able to prove their evaluation chops and have come away scratching my head at some of their evaluations.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

First pick I actively dislike (I'd have been fine with Delpit if Winfield was off the board). 

Feel like there were multiple LBs I'd have rather had and some slot corners and DEs who were nice value picks here.

More than even the Delpit pick, the Phillips pick is the true head scratcher and imo the worse mis-evaluation.

The boom is there in Delpit's game; there's no questioning that.

Phillips is anti-instinct, anti-quick trigger, anti-range in the pass game, anti-slot coverage ability, anti-flexible movement ability. He's a straight line occasional thumper who's timed speed is far superior to his play speed or range.

He doesn't help us stop TEs, Slot-WRs, horizontal running games, Lamar Jackson, or the Bengals coming spread attack.

It's puzzling and disappointing. There's universe and realm where Delpit cuts his issues in half and is a solid player, but there's no universe where Jacob Phillips is more than just a special teamer in my mind.

Legit were 8 LBs I had ahead of Phillips. It's crazy. And it's not just me but other more trusted evaluative eyes on Phillips see him the same way.

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

More than even the Delpit pick, the Phillips pick is the true head scratcher and imo the worse mis-evaluation.

The boom is there in Delpit's game; there's no questioning that.

Phillips is anti-instinct, anti-quick trigger, anti-range in the pass game, anti-slot coverage ability, anti-flexible movement ability. He's a straight line occasional thumper who's timed speed is far superior to his play speed or range.

He doesn't help us stop TEs, Slot-WRs, horizontal running games, Lamar Jackson, or the Bengals coming spread attack.

It's puzzling and disappointing. There's universe and realm where Delpit cuts his issues in half and is a solid player, but there's no universe where Jacob Phillips is more than just a special teamer in my mind.

Legit were 8 LBs I had ahead of Phillips. It's crazy. And it's not just me but other more trusted evaluative eyes on Phillips see him the same way.

ill take someone who doesn’t miss tackles for once. 

• Like 2