(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That and the fact that the Browns just let 2 good 'Tackle Machines' walk out the door with Kirko/Schobert.

Your not going to able to sell me on the fact that you can make tackles at a high rate as a LB. You need more. Speed/coverage or something else

I think its time to face the facts that the Browns simply do not value the position and other teams in the division absolutely do.

The Browns let 2 very good veteran LBs walk out the door without a fight and then made 0 attempt at addressing the position as a priority. Smells like something

Kirksey and Schobert in college and early on in the pros were more playmakers than Phillips has ever shown in college.

It is very odd to me that they signed BJ Goodson who is a 2-down linebacker with limited range playmaking ability, and then they go for Phillips who is more of a 34-LB fit.

Takitaki I loved coming out but he has limited range and pass defense deficiencies. Mack Wilson has more range but other deficiencies.

Mack Wilson,Jacob Phillps, Sione Takitaki, and BJ Goodson is one of the most limited playmaking LB cores I've seen in quite some time.

No real added pass rush beyond vet two-deep player Adrian Clayborn.

We're going to have to bring in Jadaveon Clowney or someone to give this defense some juice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Y’all are tripping 

we got Mack at mike

Taki at Will

Jacob at Sam

thats fine man we needed depth. He’s a linebacker he doesn’t miss plays. It’s the end of the third 

be grateful you didn’t draft Arnette in the First 

Mack was CHEEK cheeks last year. One of the worst starting LB in the league last year.

Mack is young and still has upside.

Stop it though man. I'm all for being excited, but we can't be delusional.

The team has a bright future but that LB corps ain't it yet.

Taki was a pre-draft favorite of mine but we don't ahve a clue what he is yet, but he has limited range despite playing with his hair on fire.

BJ Goodson isn't a starter.

A LB Corps of Takitaki, Mack, and Phillips isn't one to dance about.

I'm grateful that we got Jedrick Wills Jr, a future 3rd rounder, and the upside of Jordan Elliot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Kirksey and Schobert in college and early on in the pros were more playmakers than Phillips has ever shown in college.

It is very odd to me that they signed BJ Goodson who is a 2-down linebacker with limited range playmaking ability, and then they go for Phillips who is more of a 34-LB fit.

Takitaki I loved coming out but he has limited range and pass defense deficiencies. Mack Wilson has more range but other deficiencies.

Mack Wilson,Jacob Phillps, Sione Takitaki, and BJ Goodson is one of the most limited playmaking LB cores I've seen in quite some time.

No real added pass rush beyond vet two-deep player Adrian Clayborn.

We're going to have to bring in Jadaveon Clowney or someone to give this defense some juice.

Its very odd to me that the Browns seemed to go out of their way to get increasingly worse at LB by not retaining either of their 2 veterans that IMO were considered HITS on in the draft given their draft position. They got it right, then let them walk out the door without a fight.....

Again I will say there is a reason the Ravens/Steelers beat the Browns A##& every year and prioritize completely different positions in draft time. They do nothing but take the best player that falls to them and prioiritize front 7 players and LBs with a 'bark' to them. The Browns in the mid-rounds are too busy trying to find 'their guy' to fit the scheme that changes every 2 years.

• Like 1

Wasn’t a huge fan of the guys they took, mostly because I don’t know ish about them.   Typical underwhelming feeling of not getting “my guys” day 2.  

As far as the DT, I feel better about him. From my in depth research this morning (read at least 2 internet sites and considered watching a video), it sounds like the kid has some talent but needs some time to develop. Considering our roster and where he was picked, that sounds about right. Year one he can be DT4, get some limited reps and develop before hopefully assuming a larger role year two.

The LB is a bit of a head scratcher, especially with Harrison on the board.  Sounds like he doesn’t miss tackles, but it also sounds like he’s not really good at anything else.  Seems like a guy you take round 5,  or round 3, but LIS, I’ve never spent a second actually watching him play.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Again I will say there is a reason the Ravens/Steelers beat the Browns A##& every year and prioritize completely different positions in draft time.

There’s also a reason both of them have gotten their ***** kicked in the playoffs for most of the last decade.

If you take away the fluky Flacco playoff run, the ravens haven’t done **** in the playoffs the last decade. All Pittsburgh did was keep losing to New England.

They’re built for the regular season, that’s it.

Edited by candyman93

8 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Guys I can see us drafting on day 3/my want list:  

TE: Harrison Bryant 

OG: Hakeem Adeniji, Netane Muti, Ben Bredeson, Shane Lemieux

C: Tyler Biadasz, 

DE: Jonathan Garvin, Alton Robinson

LB: Troy Dye

CB: Amik Robertson, Bryce Hall, 

ST: Javelin Guidry

Think we might add a WR today too, adding these guys to my watchlist:

WR: Antonio Gandy-Golden, Donovan Peoples-Jones, James Proche