(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Allocation of resources. He is on a different level, but I view our DT spot as a B+ or A-. Improving it to an A+ is nice, but it is not a priority when we have nothing at LB, S, or DE opposite Garrett.

I disagree with the bolded. The expectations for for our DTs was to be a B+ or A- group  I don’t think that’s how it played out. Richardson was good but he probably is gone after this season, Ogunjobi was disappointing and so was the guy who looked awesome in the preseason and ended being cut can’t think of his name right now. Long term a disruptive 3tech is as much of a need as the other slots listed.

The only question I have about resource allocation is can we pay him big money and still pay the guys already on the roster that will be looking for an extension 

Edited by BrownsDog23
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like the only real hope is Miami to take him. They seem primed for a RB in RD2 to pair with Tua its just a matter if they take Swift or Dobbins

Houston or Chicago could be other possibilities I guess. I’m also not sold on Ronald Jones being the guy with TB. They could really solidify that offense. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

Schefter said yesterday that a season with no fans in the stands could drop the 2021 cap by $70-80 million, which would put it in the $125 million range. I don’t know how that’s possible.

If God forbid that happens, we’d be 25 million over. As scary as that sounds, we’d actually be in the best cap shape out of the entire league. We’d have to get rid of Sheldon (10 mil) and probably OBJ or Landry (15 mil).

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Schefter said yesterday that a season with no fans in the stands could drop the 2021 cap by $70-80 million, which would put it in the $125 million range. I don’t know how that’s possible.

If God forbid that happens, we’d be 25 million over. As scary as that sounds, we’d actually be in the best cap shape out of the entire league. We’d have to get rid of Sheldon (10 mil) and probably OBJ or Landry (15 mil).

So what do those guys do? Just not play? because if we couldnt afford to keep them and we have the best space out of everybody--how would anybody else be able to afford them?

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The players would have to agree to a percentage of their salary lowered.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So what do those guys do? Just not play? because if we couldnt afford to keep them and we have the best space out of everybody--how would anybody else be able to afford them?

No idea

But it wouldn’t shock me if we drafted a WR tonight.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

1.) It's been noted that the "Drop in Revenue from Tickets or fan purchases in stadiums" is going to be thoroughly offset by increase Online and TV-share revenue such that the new ways of revenue may out-pace or replace the butts in the seats revenue.

2.) Apparently, the CBA has a provision for catastrophe which includes agreed upon player/executive salary reductions tied to reduction in revenue and cap; however, it defers loss in player salaries into a deferred payment structure that may be subject to litigation regarding the interest that may or may not accrue on deferred/loss salaries. This prevents the over-the-cap out of nowhere due to catastrophe example.

3.) The Owners and Ownership Groups money is protected 1st by all the other revenue sources/avenues publicized (citizen/tax-payer/government subsidy, advertising/business partnerships, brand tied revenue) and unpublicized (i.e., contract/construction deals, etc) such that when they cry "we're going broke" the loss in revenue is still a net increase in moneys that most people can't imagine in a lifetime.

4.) Even in the most unrealistic scenario in a world where the sport continued, but no one watched TV or Online or bought anythng and each NFL Team had Zero Dollars in profit. 1 Billion Dollars is 1,000 Million Dollars. NFL Owners and Ownership groups have multiple Thousands of Millions of dollars at their disposal. That is enough capital to pay for decades upon decades of player and executive salaries and still have Thousands of Millions of Dollars left over.

• Like 1