(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

No idea

But it wouldn’t shock me if we drafted a WR tonight.

I wouldnt mind one later after round 4. I have no idea where hes projected to go but a later round guy I love is Kendrick Rogers from Texas A&M. Everytime I turned on a game when they were on TV that dude was just making crazy catch after crazy catch

22 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

As long as we don't go frail, CB body, high character Terrell Burgess, bad knee Julian Blackmon , or Delphin "the Great" to try to fill our Safety spot I'm good.

I am sure you have answered this question, but can you give me the Cliff's Notes version of why you hate Delpit so much? I get his tackling was lackluster in 2019, but he was playing with a bum ankle. He seems like a playmaker that  has great coverage skills to me. What am I missing?

11 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

I am sure you have answered this question, but can you give me the Cliff's Notes version of why you hate Delpit so much? I get his tackling was lackluster in 2019, but he was playing with a bum ankle. He seems like a playmaker that  has great coverage skills to me. What am I missing?

1.) Lacks the requisite awareness, instinctual feel for angles, run support, and tackling ability of a quality Strong Safety.

2.) Lacks the quickness of mental processing and instinctual fluid range play-making to disrupt the passing game of a quality Free Safety.

He's an urgent, energetic athlete with high quality off the field intangibles best suited as a nickel defender exclusively. He's a weak link imo as a starter SS or FS. His play is too volatile high up and low down to survive as a quality Safety starter in the league.

I don't hate him, but he's a 4th round player to me who everyone is valuing as quality starter. I'd rather gamble on Jeremy Chinn, Ashtyn Davis, and Kyle Dugger over him.  Antoine Winfield Jr. is the one.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1