Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would really like to see the Raiders be aggressive with a trade up. Like Oakltown mentioned no clear needs anymore. I would really love Pittman or even Mims on a trade-up because I do want more offensive weapons. But a McKinney or Delpit trade up would be worth it as well. I don't see them drafting another CB. If they like Hurts go up and get him. 

Really don't love either of these safety's to be honest. Mckkiney doesn't really stand out in tape to me. Delpit I like a little more, but rather get the best talent we can in trade up, no matter what position.

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I’ll be tempted to trade into the mid-late 2nd if 

- Shenault 

- Mims 

- Jaylon Johnson 

- Grant 

- really like Winfield too but he doesn’t seem like a system fit. 

I think the chances we trade up for another WR/CB is pretty slim. Although I'd actually like a trade up for Michael Pittman Jr if possible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Really don't love either of these safety's to be honest. Mckkiney doesn't really stand out in tape to me. Delpit I like a little more, but rather get the best talent we can in trade up, no matter what position.

You can likely get someone like Terrell Burgess in round 3 who provides similar value to those two as well. 

• Like 1

I'll take 3 3rd rounders over a 2 and a 3. 

Just seems like there will be 3 guys we like.  

I dunno who we trade up for.  Going by the posts here, no one else really seems to know either.  

I like that Jaylon Johnson trade up idea, that would be slick.

• Like 2

Just now, massraider said:

I dunno who we trade up for.  Going by the posts here, no one else really seems to know either.  

FWIW Cotto said Ashtyn Davis and Jordan Elliot are two guys that we like. I'd be absolutely thrilled if we landed those two. Trading up for Johnson would be interesting. In theory you could potentially secure your other starting outside CB and move Arnette into a NCB role. 

• Like 1

I was hyped about Pittman Jr. yesterday but let’s just stay put and select three guys in the 3rd Round. If a major name is there at 72-73, let’s trade up and get him, but other than that, let’s just stay put. We could get 3 potential starters in the 3rd Round this year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Cotto said Ashtyn Davis and Jordan Elliot are two guys that we like. I'd be absolutely thrilled if we landed those two. Trading up for Johnson would be interesting. In theory you could potentially secure your other starting outside CB and move Arnette into a NCB role. 

80-81 being Ashtyn Davis and Jordan Elliott and we are all poppin Champaign like we won the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Davis over both those others considering prob don't need trade up

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I like Davis over both those others considering prob don't need trade up

Yeah Davis would be a nice get in the third round. If he would've been able to workout at the combine he'd likely be going a lot higher. He would've ran in the low 4.3, potentially high 4.2's. 

33 minutes ago, Geezy said:

most pressing need right now is RB. Need someone to spell Jacobs and allow the offense to hum along with Jacobs off the field. I feel a good one will drop to 80. Akers or Moss. If not take Dillon later. 

good thing only one RB was drafted last night, only two RBS were drafted last year in the first two rounds

16 minutes ago, massraider said:

If Pittman gets to 50 I'm starting to call CHI, MIA, BAL

• Like 1